GoldenGhost

The March 2015 Behemoth Smash Doubles Tournament

I have gotten a teammate! I know I already posted my info on the first page, but I also know some people will be too lazy to go back to the first page, so I'll post my info here too.

NNID: Gamefemale

Challonge: Gamefemale

Teammate: daikonboy101

Team name: The Springtraps

Alright, just to give everyone an update:

It is the week of the tournament! Hope you've been practicing! As of right now we have 4 teams. However, there are some people whose teams have not been confirmed yet, namely Gamefemale, Daikonboy101, and DroppedYourPocket. Right now I just need confirmation from daikonboy101 to assure that he and Gamefemale are teammates, but DroppedYourPocket needs to find a teammate, so if you were thinking of signing up but don't have a partner then contact him! Since no one has had any objections, the tournament will be on March 21st at 5 PM EST, so the deadline to sign up will be March 20th at 11:59 PM EST. Make sure you have everything sorted out before then.

Until then, good luck, and make sure you practice!

I can safely say I'll be available for the tourny if it's not too late to officially sign up!  Who wants to be my girlfriend boyfriend partner?

NNID: DropdUrPocket
Challonge: DropdUrPocket
Teammate: ICPM3
Team Name: The Pickpockets (subject to change)

• Upvote 1

I'll join or something /Morg 'n I share 'dem Wii U contraptions so there might be some problems/

NNID: Hyperninja
Skype: Hyperninja1002 (or "Inaccurate Gameplay" if the former doesn't work)

Challonge: N/A

Teammate: Dropped Your Pocket

Team Name: The Pickpockets

Edited by I can't play Mother 3

ICPM3 and I are officially The Pickpockets for the Smash tourny.  Beware our mighty power!

Also, since Morg and ICPM3 share console, we'll have to work around that for matchups.  We'll trade off using the console, so, sorry if that inconveniences anyone, but tis the way it has to be.

ICPM3 and I are officially The Pickpockets for the Smash tourny.  Beware our mighty power!

Also, since Morg and ICPM3 share console, we'll have to work around that for matchups.  We'll trade off using the console, so, sorry if that inconveniences anyone, but tis the way it has to be.

inb4 dyp makes it a bigger issue than it should be

Actually I always play with my 'Morg' tag so you'll know it's me. More likely than not to save time I'll sign in under ICPM3's account and we'll swap in and out of our matches.

inb4 dyp makes it a bigger issue than it should be

Actually I always play with my 'Morg' tag so you'll know it's me. More likely than not to save time I'll sign in under ICPM3's account and we'll swap in and out of our matches.

I honestly can't see how it would cause problems unless we have multiple matches happening at once and you guys are in different brackets. So we might have to play with the brackets a bit so everything works out.

We are less than 24 hours away from the beginning of the tournament! Today is the last chance for signing up, I will be accepting entries until midnight tonight. The bracket will be made tomorrow morning and will not be shared until the tournament begins. I will also be adding everyone to the tournament chat tomorrow afternoon. REMEMBER TO BE THERE ON TIME! If you or your partner don't show up, your team cannot compete!

Depending on the number of entries, I may be introducing new rules to the tournament. The general format will stay the same, but any new details I add will be posted here before the tournament.

That's all for now, I'm looking forward to competing with you guys tomorrow! Remember to practice!

• Upvote 5

Remember to practice!

Pshhh, us pros are BORN ready.

<insert first round loss here>

Also, we gettin sigs again for this one?

Most likely gonna be my team tomorrow, but I have daikon by my side, so we will see how this turns out.

The Springtraps will get past round 1!

Also, we gettin sigs again for this one?

Yes, the Winners from the Winner's bracket and the Grand Winners will get signature art made by meeeee 

For those who want their Challonge accounts connected to the tournament: you will need to create a Team on Challonge for your team. If you don't have a Challonge account/don't feel like doing that, then don't worry about any of this; I can just create an empty team and put it on the bracket. If you have a Challonge account but your teammate doesn't, you still need to make a team for yourself! I cannot add actual users to the bracket. Since I was really confused about how to make teams, here's a little how-to...

To create a team:

-click "Teams" in the top-right corner

-select "New Team"

-enter the details for your team and click "Save"

To add your teammate:

-go to the page for your team ("Teams" in the top-right corner, then select your team)

-click "Members" on the left-side of the screen

-under "Add a new Member", enter your teammate's Challonge account name

-wait for them to accept it

I'll confirm everyone's teams on the bracket when we get close to starting the tournament, just be sure to communicate with your teammate and have the team made by the time the tournament starts. Thanks, and best of luck to you all today! and of course by that I mean PREPARE TO GET REKT

• Upvote 1

Oh, yeah. Could somebody post the link to the Challonge page for lazy people like me? Nevermind, here it is!

Edited by A C Cret

Thanks to everyone who competed, this was a lot of fun and I look forward to the next tournament! I definitely plan on hosting more in the future.

For anyone who wants to check out the bracket...

here it is!

Congrats to our Grand Winner: The Springtraps!

They will be getting some totally awesome signature swag soon. I also plan on handing out a few special awards for fun, so stay tuned!

• Upvote 5

Well, I know what all of you may be thinking. "OH MY GARWSH GAMEFEMALE WON, SHES ABOUT TO RUB HER WIN AND FNOOF ALL OVER OUR FACES!" To that my fellow Behemothians, you are wrong (to a certain extent, which I'll get to later on).

I never won a tournament in my entire time I have been competing (which has been 5 years), so right now, I am so grateful for this win daikonboy101 and I got together! I just to give out a huge thanks to GoldenGhost for hosting this tournament and for the awesome signature swag we are getting in a few days! I also want to give out a huge thanks to daikonboy101 for volunteering to be my partner for this tournament and for not being a FNAF hater!

Now I got that out of the way, I've been thinking of a good theme song for our team, but I never got around to posting it since I was afraid our team was gonna lose round 1 or 2. Since we won now, there is no holding me back.

This was not written by me btw, I just thought it'd be a good song for our team.

Again, thank you so much GoldenGhost and daikonboy101, and I will see you guys next tournament! :-D

Edited by Gamefemale
  • Upvote 2

Yeah, congratulations to The Springtraps for their win, and good job to everyone who participated.

Specifically good on The Pickpockets though, for knocking The Jibbles Brothers out of both Winner's and Loser's brackets. Y'all played a fair game!

Maybe if I practice more next time I can actually support my teammate better and get farther, but this was really fun and I look forward to the next one

• Upvote 6

Aww man! I missed this tourney! I hope there's another one soon. I'd be willing to join. 

NNID: Deltafire

Edited by Delta

Alright, the signature swag has been handed out to our two winners and now it's time to give out some awards! I made these for people who I thought stood out during the tournament for one reason or another. You can do whatever you want with these, whether it's put 'em in your signature or set 'em as your profile picture or sell 'em to buy lottery tickets. The two things you can't do are steal medals that aren't yours and complain about not getting one.

We'll start with a simple one:

There's No Prize for Second Place!...Oh wait yes there is - Team Smash n' Slash

Eh15STO.png 

Came in second place in The March 2015 Behemoth Smash Doubles Tournament

(Here's a smaller version of the medal that'll fit in a signature)

qj1YGCx.png

Lone Samurai - Scaler193

MPpAxg7.png

Competed alone in a Doubles match

Who The Hell Do You Think I Am?! - The Pickpockets

0SHqUpv.png

Fell to round 1 of the Loser's bracket, then made their way up to Loser's Finals

And just for the heck of it:

Early Bird - SaltOnToast

bh5U0eR.png

Was the first to sign in

(To clarify, I sent a message in the tournament chat telling people to say something in the chat after that message in order to sign in, and Salt was the first to do so.)

So this concludes everything I planned to do for the March 2015 Behemoth Smash Doubles Tournament. If you want more tournament action, check out A_C_Cret's upcoming 3DS tournament here! Thanks again to everyone who participated and I look forward to hosting another tournament in the future!

• Upvote 9