Mr. Hatty

E3 2015 Hype & Discussion Thread: Dev Stories And A Room Full Of Videogames

002.jpg

It's that time again, E3 is 90 days away, and it's time for the (now) annual hype thread.

This year, we've got conferences from Bethesda, Electronic Arts, Microsoft, Sony and Ubisoft in addition the Nintendo's E3 video presentation.

Here's a guideline (or my mostly safe predictions, whatever) of what we might be able to expect from this year's show to spark some discussion

fallout-logo.png

Bethesda:

BattleCry

Fallout 4

Elder Scrolls Online Expansion

Wolfenstein Sequel

Brink 2 (kek)

Battlefront-logo.jpg

Electronic Arts:

Mirror's Edge 2

Mass Effect 4

Star Wars: Battlefront Reboot

FIFA '16

Madden '16

NBA Live '16

Need For Speed

Titanfall 2

Criterion's First Person Driving Game

SimCity 2016 (kek)

rise_of_the_tomb_raider_logo.jpg

Microsoft:

Battletoads

Crackdown

Forza 6

Gears of War

Quantum Break

Fable Legends

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Scalebound

Phantom Dust Reboot

Gigantic

Banjo-Kazooie Nuts n' Bolts 2: Chinese Democracy (kek)

& D4: Season 2 pls Microsoft I'll do anything

starfox_logo.jpg

Nintendo:

Star Fox U

The Legend of Zelda: The Ukelele of Strings

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Fire Emblem: If

Project Treasure

Mario Maker

Devil's Third

Minecraft

Punch-Out!! U

Metroid?

Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem (kek)

Uncharted_4_logo.png

Sony:

Uncharted 4

Gravity Rush 2

Ratchet & Clank Reboot

The Witness

Guerilla's Untitled RPG

Tearaway PS4 Remake

Rime

No Man's Sky

Until Dawn

The Last Guardian (kek)

Assassins-Creed-Victory-logo.jpg

Ubisoft:

Just Dance 2016

Assasin's Creed Victory

FarCry Expansion

Rainbow Six: Siege

The Division

Rocksmith 3

Watch_Dogs 2

Untitled Pirate Game

ZombiU2 (kek)

Metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain_2013

Third Parties:

Metal Gear Solid V will get obnoxiously long trailers at both Sony and Microsoft's conference

Call of Duty: World at War 2 at Microsoft's conference (or whatever they end up calling it)

Rock Band 4 details announced

Guitar Hero 7 reveal

DmC: Devil May Cry 2

Street Fighter V details

Injustice 2 announced

Dino Crisis Reboot

Tony Hawk Reboot

Just Cause 3

Mad Max

Final Fantasy XV

Telltale Games Presents: a bunch of new rehashes of The Walking Dead skinned with different franchises

Mighty No. 9?

Lego Marvel: The Avengers

Homefront: The Revolution

+Other unnanounced things in all categories

• Upvote 2

There hasn't been any news of the so called live-action/CGI-animated Sonic movie since last year. Therefore I will predict even though Sega might not announce news of the movie during a conference, there will be some news of it during E3.

These threads are usually made in April, not March.

Your newfangled thinking is going to disrupt society as a whole!

Sidenote: I didn't know they were making another Lego Marvel game

In addition to what Zane said...

-Battlecry Beta announcement from Bethesda

-Dishonored 2 teaser from Bethesda

-Star Wars Battlefront 3 trailer shown by EA that gets everyone hyped out of their pants

-EA immediately follows up by announcing a heavy focus on DLC for Battlefront 3

-riots ensue

-I really don't see a new Battletoads game from Microsoft, despite the heavy hinting that's been going on; I'm guessing they'll make an appearance in new game or something (inb4 Project Spark DLC, lmao)

-new Banjo Kazooie isn't totally out of the question, but I honestly don't see that happening either.

-Project Guard and Project Giant Robot are re-announced as full game concepts (probably eShop titles)

-(Zane implying Minecraft isn't owned by Microsoft now and has any chance of appearing on Wii U)

-(Zane thinking that a new Punch-Out!! game will be happening this year)

-(Zane continuing his ludicrous fantasies by thinking we'll be seeing a new Metroid game this year)

-Probably gonna see a Captain Rainbow + Mother 3 port to Wii U, both fully translated and everything That's a joke

-new Pokemon X&Y sequels: Pokemon Dollar Sign and Pokemon Ampersand

-Main focus on new Zelda, new Star Fox, and Fire Emblem If

-showing off new Amiibo series for Zelda and Star Fox

-official announcement for Amiibo cards, showing off Amiibo card series for Smash Bros, Super Mario Bros, etc

-DLC for something, possibly Codename STEAM or Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (oh who am I kidding, we're not gonna see DLC for a Kirby game)

-SMT x FE will actually be shown, this I swear. My cat is friends with Sakurai's cat and he told me it's gonna happen. Worst case scenario they show the logo on screen for 3 seconds with "Release date: 2018", best case scenario they show a trailer with pre-alpha gameplay.

-more Smash Bros DLC after the inevitably-gigantic success of Mewtwo

-spend the last 10 minutes talking about indie games for Wii U and 3DS, knowing that no one will be watching at this point due to everyone celebrating how awesome Nintendo is

-spend the next 2 days doing their usual Treehouse stuff

And then I don't really care about the other things tbh

Edited by GoldenGhost

They announced a new Punch Out?

...nintendo please stop taking so much of my money i can't catch up

Paper Mario Wii U maybe could be announced??

I have my doubts for seeing another Paper Mario anytime soon just because of how Sticker Star held over.

I have my doubts for seeing another Paper Mario anytime soon just because of how Sticker Star held over.

The following is still very much there, though.  The fans want, nye, NEED a new Mario RPG game, and a new Paper Mario would be perfect.  Assuming, of course, they give up the stupid gimmicks and go back to the classic formula of the first two games.

• Upvote 2

The following is still very much there, though.  The fans want, nye, NEED a new Mario RPG game, and a new Paper Mario would be perfect.  Assuming, of course, they give up the stupid gimmicks and go back to the classic formula of the first two games.

I'm not saying that I doubt we will see another Paper Mario game because of fan support, but becaues I don't think its in Nintendo's interest to make another Paper Mario game considering the sales. If fan support determined which games would be made I'd be enjoying my brand new Crash Bandicoot games right about now.

If fan support determined which games would be made I'd be enjoying my brand new Crash Bandicoot games right about now.

Dude we got Nintendo to drag Earthbound out of its grave and re-release it on Wii U, I think we could probably get them to make another Paper Mario game

If fan support determined which games would be made I'd be enjoying my brand new Crash Bandicoot games right about now.

Dude we got Nintendo to drag Earthbound out of its grave and re-release it on Wii U, I think we could probably get them to make another Paper Mario game

Yeah, but look how long that took. Even just for a third Pikmin game it took us forever and a half.

So Eiji Aonuma revealed on Nintendo's Facebook that The Legend of Zelda: Ukeklele of Strings is going to be pushed back to a 2016 release date so that it'll become the best Zelda game yet. - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=866919960035802&permPage=1

oh and it's not going to be at E3 either 

1793bac428b6937f7adeedfda998050f.png

:^(

Edited by Ultanoka

So Eiji Aonuma revealed on Nintendo's Facebook that The Legend of Zelda: Ukeklele of Strings is going to be pushed back to a 2016 release date so that it'll become the best Zelda game yet. - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=866919960035802&permPage=1

I am actually mad at this because as most of you know, I am a Sonic fan, and next year will be Sonic's 25th anniversary. Therefore, I'm anticipating a huge Sonic game on the way for 2016. I want whatever the game is to be a great as it possibly can so Sonic can become a great series once again, but Now Zelda Wii U is delayed, it will trample all over this amazing milestone for my favorite blue hedgehog! :evil:

I am actually mad at this because as most of you know, I am a Sonic fan, and next year will be Sonic's 25th anniversary. Therefore, I'm anticipating a huge Sonic game on the way for 2016. I want whatever the game is to be a great as it possibly can so Sonic can become a great series once again, but Now Zelda Wii U is delayed, it will trample all over this amazing milestone for my favorite blue hedgehog! :evil:

They're gonna re-release Sonic 06, Sonic 062.

Even less effort. Even less time.

• Upvote 1

There's already a Sonic 06 2. It's called Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric.

Well I'm glad he's choosing to give this game as much content as he can instead of pulling DLC shenanigans like almost any other company would do. I'm far happier seeing a delay for a game as monumental as this than I am hearing them announce at E3 "oh yes, pre-order 'The Legend of Zelda: Harmonica of Darkness' and you'll get the Kazoo of Light Quest DLC for free when it comes out 3 months from now, as well as an exclusive Zero Suit costume for Epona".

My only concern is how late in the Wii U's lifetime this is coming; we already know Nintendo is showing their new console next year, and that might cause people to lean away from buying a Wii U when they know that it won't have much longer to live.

Aw come on now, a new Zelda isn't going to dominate an entire year's worth of video games. We're probably gonna be getting another mega collection of 2classic4u Sonic games anyways; even if it isn't, Sega's been trying to make "huge new Sonic games" for years and none of them are as huge or new as anyone wants them to be. If a new Sonic game comes out that's actually worth looking at then I guarantee you people will pay attention to it.

They would call it Sonic 14 dummy

Also pretty much nobody cares about Sonic anymore after Rise of Lyric and Lost World's awful performances. Plus you can't just trash the Zelda series for having a new game the same year as a Sonic game, because that's happened before with Skyward Sword and Generations.

If anything for Sonic's 25th anniversary it's probably going to be a mobile game again.

After playing the hell out of Episode Duscae, my hype engines for FFXV are refueled and thrown into full throttle. I'm also highly anticipating the new Fire Emblem and Persona 5.

• Upvote 1

After playing the hell out of Episode Duscae, my hype engines for FFXV are refueled and thrown into full throttle. I'm also highly anticipating the new Fire Emblem and Persona 5.

AKA not Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

AKA not Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

I'm not even sure if that's still a thing, so I'm not gonna get my hopes up 'til they actually say something about it.

And on this most glorious of days, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei rises from the ashes to lead its disciples, what a miracle

It's not even Easter yet

• Upvote 1

And on this most glorious of days, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei rises from the ashes to lead its disciples, what a miracle

It's not even Easter yet

After seeing what I saw, I'd like to bury it and let it rest eternally...

After seeing what I saw, I'd like to bury it and let it rest eternally...

It's not even Easter yet

It's not thaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad...It's just not Fire Emblem...like at all.