Mr. Hatty

E3 2015 Hype & Discussion Thread: Dev Stories And A Room Full Of Videogames

After seeing what I saw, I'd like to bury it and let it rest eternally...

And on this most glorious of days, Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensei rises from the ashes to lead its disciples, what a miracle

It's not even Easter yet

It's not thaaaaaaaaaaaaat bad...It's just not Fire Emblem...like at all.

Or SMT-like... :(

So Eiji Aonuma revealed on Nintendo's Facebook that The Legend of Zelda: Ukeklele of Strings is going to be pushed back to a 2016 release date so that it'll become the best Zelda game yet. - https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=866919960035802&permPage=1

oh and it's not going to be at E3 either 

1793bac428b6937f7adeedfda998050f.png

:^(

I am actually mad at this because as most of you know, I am a Sonic fan, and next year will be Sonic's 25th anniversary. Therefore, I'm anticipating a huge Sonic game on the way for 2016. I want whatever the game is to be a great as it possibly can so Sonic can become a great series once again, but Now Zelda Wii U is delayed, it will trample all over this amazing milestone for my favorite blue hedgehog! :evil:

As a Sonic fan since I began playing video games, I want SEGA to take their time on the next game, not give it out to a third-party developer, and not make it a gimmicky game for his anniversary.

• Upvote 1

So Square Enix has announced that they too are holding their own E3 conference this year...

So I guess now every major publisher besides Activision (who have their bases covered with CoD at MS and Destiny as Sony) is feeling the need to step up their E3 presence.

I'm assuming we'll see some more of Final Fantasy XV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, a new Hitman, Just Cause 3, Mad Max, Star Ocean 5 maybe even Kingdom Hearts 3.

Personally, I'm hoping to see something on World War Machine, which was a game stealthily announced forever ago that has some of the coolest robot designs I've ever seen:

Enemy_A_clearcut_01_540x540.jpg

Enemy_B_clearcut_01_540x540.jpg

Enemy_C_clearcut_01_540x540.jpg

Enemy_D_clearcut_01_540x5401.jpg

machine_features.png

So Square Enix has announced that they too are holding their own E3 conference this year...

So I guess now every major publisher besides Activision (who have their bases covered with CoD at MS and Destiny as Sony) is feeling the need to step up their E3 presence.

I'm assuming we'll see some more of Final Fantasy XV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, a new Hitman, Just Cause 3, Mad Max, Star Ocean 5 maybe even Kingdom Hearts 3.

Personally, I'm hoping to see something on World War Machine, which was a game stealthily announced forever ago that has some of the coolest robot designs I've ever seen:

Shadow of the Colossus: Robot Edition?

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

It has been announced that there will be an entire conference dedicated to the master race PC, hosted by Day9

Companies/People announced to participate in the presentation currently are: AMD, Activision-Blizzard, Bohemia Interactive, Cliff Bleszinkski, Cloud Imperium Games, Dean Hall, Devolver Digital, Humble Bundle Inc., Heart Machine, Paradox Interactive, Square Enix and Tripwire Interactive

Sounds like a hell of a show, very surprising to see Square Enix there since they just announced there own conference as well. 

So, who else is going to announced their own conference this year? NOTE: Ouya is currently up for sale so they most definitely will not have a conference

EDIT:

Another E3 Update

for the first time in forever, Sega will not have a booth at this year's E3 conference.

Any of you expecting the next big Sonic game, don't hold your breath

Edited by Mr. Hatty

I'm surprised. I at least expected a Mario and Sonic 2016 announcement from Sega. I guess they ended the series or just let Nintendo handle the announcement.

Square Enix has actually pushed theirs ahead of an hour, I'm assuming after realizing how stupid of an idea it was to go at the same time as Nintendo.

Smart move, Squenix.

• Upvote 1

bump because E3 is less than 2 weeks away, yeehaw

Also Sega shared this weird teaser for some kind of device, it could be hinting at something we'll see at E3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdzYULyIdq8

Whatchu doin over there Sega? Huh? Now don't you be thinkin about making another console now, dontchu be doin that, you know it aint gonna be good for you Sega

Someone on 4chan also mentioned Amazon showing off a gaming console at E3, which would download games from Amazon's store library instead of requiring actual discs. I think that would be a less-than-genius move on their part, looking at other ambitious game consoles that tried similar things and failed, but it's a 4chan leak anyways so take this with a grain of salt.

• Upvote 1

So apparently no FFXV at E3 this year... just gonna...

Just...

Gonna...

TmPYmhX.gif

Edited by Revon
  • Upvote 1

Okay so now that we are one week away (and I'm incredibly bored), I have made a list of my official predictions for E3:

Bethesda:

Fallout 4

ESO expansion

Doom 4

Teaser for either Dishonored 2 or new Elder Scrolls game set for 2016

I don't really pay much attention to Bethesda, what do they even do

Microsoft:

Windows 10 + Hololens (more details at PC Gaming conference)

1 TB Xbox One

Halo 5 Guardians

Rise of the Tomb Raider

New Banjo Kazooie game from Rare

More Project Spark content

Quantum Break

Crackdown

New Call of Duty

Cuphead

Minecraft: Story Mode

No Dark Souls 3 shown

Minecraft title for Windows 10

Halo spin-off title for Windows 10

Satan: The Company EA

Madden '16

FIFA '16

ME4 (That would be Mass Effect 4)

ME2 (That would be Mirror's Edge 2)

New Battlefield

New Need for Speed

Sims 4

Star Wars Battlefront

Titanfall 2

EA takes another stab at the MOBA genre with a Plants vs Zombies MOBA

Ubisoft

Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Assassin's Creed movie trailer

The Division

Rainbow Six Siege

Watch_Dogs 2

New Rayman, because whatever

Aisha Tyler successfully causes the audience to die from cringing

Sony

Project Morpheus

1TB PS4

Playstation Vue

Bloodborne expansion

Dark Souls 3

Uncharted 4

God of War 4

Persona 5

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Street Fighter 5

More games with numbers after their names

No Man's Sky trailer (with the same damn music they use every time)

The Witness

The Last Guardian

Spend 30 minutes talking about another gaming-related TV show no one cares about

Nintendo

Starfox U

Devils Third

SMT x FE

Fatal Frame 5

Project Treasure

Project Guard and Project Giant Robot

Release dates for Mario Maker, Yoshi's Woolly World, and Xenoblade Chronicles X

Mario Kart 8 DLC - packs 3 and 4

Smash DLC - Ryu + mii costumes, maybe stages? tournament mode?

Splatoon Splatfest reminder + update - new weapon, new map, new mode? new amiibo support?

Fire Emblem If

Animal Crossing Happy Home Designer

New Chibi Robo

New mainline Pokemon games: Pokemon Bread version and Pokemon Rice version

Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon

eShop indie titles that no one cares about

Amiibos - Smash Bros wave 5, Super Mario wave 2, Animal Crossing cards, Starfox wave 1

New Punch-Out!! announced at Nintendo World Championships

New Metroid for 3DS

Mother 3 western release on Wii U Virtual Console

Square Enix

Final Fantasy XV

Final Fantasy 14 Heavensward

Just Cause 3

Deus Ex Mankind Divided

Kingdom Hearts 3

Dragon Quest Heroes: Extremely Long Subtitle

TWEWY 2? I dont freakin know

PC Gaming

Windows 10 + Hololens

HTC VR headset

New AMD cards

XCOM 2

New Nvidia cards?

Amazon console?

Blizzard announces something stupid and expensive for WoW or HotS?

Insert "Gaben announcing HL3" greentext here

Direct Criticisms of all of Grant's predictions:

MS sounds about right, but rumor has it that Sony scooped up the rights to Call of Duty marketing from Microsoft, so that's kinda up in the air.

How are people still mad at EA when they've actually been pretty good after SimCity, whereas Ubisoft is now the company single-handedly poisoning AAA gaming.

I.... would play a PvZ MOBA, that actually sounds kinda awesome... however, it's already been confirmed that we'll be seeing Garden Warfare 2, so I dunno if they'd double down on PvZ, though they did in 2013 so who knows.

Those Ubisoft bets are incredibly safe.. except.... I like Aisha Tyler... #Girlwood be damned

lol at The Last Guardian ever being a thing again, and I hope for everyone's sake that Sony doesn't go into TV shenanigans again this year (though I actually heard that Powers is pretty good, though that means nothing because it had/has no place at E3)

For Nintendo I don't think Fatal Frame will be anywhere in the Direct, that game's technically been out for quite some time now so there's no point wasting E3 time on it, and I get the feeling we're going to see what Retro's big project has been, whether it be DKCR3, Metroid Prime 4 or a new IP. Also you forgot Wii Music 2.

SE has already confirmed that Final Fantasy 15 WON'T be making an appearance, so don't count on it. Probably a new Hitman, more Tomb Raider and Mad Max plus the other stuff you said.

PC gaming will just be a 90 minute match of League of Legends followed by a free TF2 hat for everyone in attendance. No games will be shown.

Now my own personal prediction:

Riot will announce they're making their own game console. It will be the only way to play League of Legends once it's released, the only game it will support is League of Legend. The console will cost five hundred and ninety-nine U.S. dollars and will require a PS+-esque fee of $60 a year in order to play online (which is required to play League of Legends). Since LoL is a downloadable game, the console will not have a disc drive, and instead will have a slot to put quarters in. Every time the console is booted up, the system will stall out unless the user inserts a quarter. It will outsell the PS4's lifetime sales within the first 6 months.

Riot will announce they're making their own game console. It will be the only way to play League of Legends once it's released, the only game it will support is League of Legend. The console will cost five hundred and ninety-nine U.S. dollars and will require a PS+-esque fee of $60 a year in order to play online (which is required to play League of Legends). Since LoL is a downloadable game, the console will not have a disc drive, and instead will have a slot to put quarters in. Every time the console is booted up, the system will stall out unless the user inserts a quarter. It will outsell the PS4's lifetime sales within the first 6 months.

And it will outsell the Xbox One, Playstation 4, and WiiU combined.

Add Quantum Break to the list of games confirmed to not appear at E3

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 was also just announced to be making its official unveiling at Microsoft's E3 conference

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has been confirmed to be getting a new trailer, we don't know at which conference yet though (maybe more than one)

Sony is pretty much confirmed to be showing CoD: Black Ops 3, Star Wars: Battlefront, Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Batman Arkham Knight, and the new Destiny expansion 

Add to that, more than likely, Dark Souls 3 and The Phantom Pain

EDIT: New Unnanounced game by Platinum Games to be shown off at IGN's Live show. Not Scalebound since we already know about that. Probably Metal Gear Rising 2, but since it's at the Live show there is a slim chance it could be The Wondeful 102 (The Wonderful 101 was shown for the first time on the IGN stream) or a new IP

EDIT 2 tLwFdjv.png

What does this even mean? Makes me think it's a sequel, so I'm personally ruling out new IP

EDIT 3

Not God Hand TIUpyTH.png

Edited by Mr. Hatty

In addition to what Zane said...

-Dishonored 2 teaser from Bethesda

Woo! Oh, I'm the only one excited? oh.... ok....

Microsoft has officially unannounced their 1TB Xbox One model that Amazon leaked earlier in the month:

Microsoft has confirmed a report from last week of a new Xbox One with a 1 TB hard drive and new controller. The new version of the console will be available next week at the existing $399 price point.

In select territories, these new consoles will also include a copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection for a limited time. Included with these new units are the new controllers which weren't entirely a secret (thanks first to a support page on Microsoft's own website).

At the same time, Microsoft has dropped the price of the 500GB models. You can pick one up for $349 starting on June 16, the same day that the new 1TB models are available.

Those that opt for the new 3.5mm connection instead of the chat dongle that includes hardware controls for balance and volume will still be able to adjust those settings. The settings menu will have all of those options.

The new controller also features improved firmware that allows it to take updates without the need for a USB connections. It will be sold separately in black and a special "Covert Forces" deco.

Microsoft also announced an adapter so you can use your Xbox One controllers wirelessly with a PC. The $24.99 dongle will be available this fall and work with Windows 10 PCs, laptops, and tablets via USB 2.0 or 3.0.

In addition to that, this month's Gameinformer cover reveal is Halo 5, so if for some reason any of you had suspicions we may not hear of Halo at E3, you can put those to rest.

Retro Studios teasing their involvement with E3 fC0W20s.png

And Platinum is tweeting about the Digital Event, so it looks like they're game may be with Nintendo once again.

Pretty safe to bet at the very least that their game won't be with Sony, as Platinum hasn't been in contact with them

EDIT:

09Za5p2.png(Credit to Nibel on Neogaf)

Would seem Retro is probably showing a 3rd Donkey Kong Contry Returns game

EDIT 2:

dsBkZ2X.png

From The Guardian's Top 15 most anticipated games of E3, maybe they have a hot tip that this year is actually the year

Then again, right below this on their list they have Zelda U, soooo grains of salt all around

EDIT 3

So back to Nintendo now, it would seem in Europe they just filed a trademark for "Diddy Kong"

Trade mark information

Name: DIDDY KONG
Filing number: 014229579
Basis: CTM
Date of receipt: 10/06/2015
Type: Word
Nature: INDIVIDUAL
Nice classes: 9, 25, 28, 41 ( Nice Classification )
Vienna Classification
Filing date: 10/06/2015
Registration date
Expiry date
Designation date

Filing language: English
Second language: German
Application reference: EW32985AF
Trade mark status: Application under examination
Acquired distinctiveness: No

Edited by Mr. Hatty

I literally only care about Fallout 4.  If that's not announced, I swear, I might throw someone out a window.

Just thought I'd update to talk about this really quick and safely assure people that all windows and people are safe from my throwing for now.

• Upvote 2

So Microsoft has confirmed that along with Quantum Break, neither Crackdown nor Scalebound will make an appearance at E3, they will, however, all show up at Gamescon.

They must have a lot of new games to announce if they're not taking up any time to talk about these games we know next to nothing about.

Also EA has announced they're adding a new game to their EA Access Vault on Xbox One. Currently, every single EA game that's out on Xbox One aside from Battlefield: Hardline, Dragon Age: Inquisition and Titanfall are a part of "the vault," and they've already said that Titanfall will never be a part of EA Access.

In most cases games are added to the vault about 7 months after release, and it's just about been that long since DA:I. We'll know for certain at E3, but I'd put my money on XB1 owners having unlimited access to Inquisition for $5 a month pretty soon.

EDIT:

QODgIge.jpg

Just Dance 2016 leaked

Megaton, I know

Edited by Mr. Hatty

We're a day away from E3, so here's the full week schedule! (Events color-coded based on company, all times are in PDT)

Sunday, June 14th

June 14, 7:40 a.m. PDT: Mini Smash Direct Hosted by Sakurai (followed by Lucas DLC + Miiverse stage release at 8:00 a.m. PDT)
June 14, 3:00 p.m. PDT: Nintendo World Championships 2015 (The original Legend of Zelda is one of the games being played at the tournament ; hosted by Kevin Pereira)
June 14, 6:45 p.m. PDT: Bethesda Conference (w/ Pre and Post-show hosted by Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb)
June 14: Xbox FanFest

Monday, June 15th
June 15, 9:30 a.m. PDT: Microsoft Conference
June 15, 1:00 p.m. PDT: EA Conference
June 15, 3:00 p.m. PDT: Ubisoft Conference
June 15, 4:00 p.m. PDT: Xbox Daily: Live @ E3 Day 1
June 15, 6:00 p.m. PDT: Sony Conference

Tuesday, June 16th
June 16, 9:00 a.m. PDT: Nintendo Digital Event
June 16, 10:00 a.m. PDT: Square Enix Conference
June 16, 3:00 p.m. PDT: Unannounced Platinum Game Reveal on IGN Stream
June 16, 4:00 p.m. PDT: Xbox Daily: Live @ E3 Day 2
June 16, 5:00 p.m. PDT: PC Gaming Show
June 16: E3 Show Floor Day 1
June 16: Nintendo Treehouse Live Day 1
June 16: PlayStation Blog LiveCast Day 1

Wednesday, June 17th
June 17, 4:00 p.m. PDT: Xbox Daily: Live @ E3 Day 3
June 17: E3 Show Floor Day 2
June 17: Nintendo Treehouse Live Day 2
June 17: Nintendo Access: Mario Maker @ Best Buy
June 17: PlayStation Blog LiveCast Day 2

Thursday, June 18th
June 18: E3 Show Floor Day 3
June 18: Nintendo Treehouse Live Day 3
June 16: PlayStation Blog LiveCast Day 3

Friday, June 19th
June 19: DIO's World Part 4 (implying you're not going to watch the season finale of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)

Saturday, June 20th
June 20: Nintendo Access: Mario Maker @ Best Buy

(*Do me a favor and put this schedule in a spoiler tag if you quote this post*)
  • Upvote 3

Just Dance 2016 leaked

Megaton, I know

It can't really be a leak if we knew it would happen, considering we get a new one every year