megan

We're Looking For New Moderators To Join Our Team!

Hey Behemoth Chickens!

We've been busy here at the studio with Game 4 development and with the start of trade show season. It's been super helpful having our wonderful moderators on board to check up on the forums. However, we lost one of our mods last year and our current mods are doing their best with juggling work, school, forums, etc. They're doing an awesome job regardless, but they could use another hand or two with keeping everything squeaky clean!

We're opening up an application period for anyone who is interested in becoming a moderator. We'll be looking for at least one or two more moderators in the next month. Submit your applications by 5PM PST on Monday, April 6th, 2015. Here's what we need:

What being a moderator entails

New moderators will start as "mods" which is basically "moderator level 1" and can be promoted to higher levels over time. This is a volunteer position, and moderator status can be removed at any time by my, or any other The Behemoth employee discretion.

As a moderator, your main functions, other than general peacekeeping, are to find and move misplaced topics into the appropriate sections, redirecting/locking dead or dupe threads, reporting posts/people, and directing me to things that need my attention.

IMPORTANT:

• Moderators don't make the rules, they help to enforce them. Occasionally, the rules will be developed or altered based on the progression of the forums.
  • We judge potential Moderators based on their behavior on the forums. Promising to stop breaking the rules or be more mature after becoming a Moderator doesn't give us much to work with.

Here is what we are looking for in a moderator:

Maturity: you must be mature enough to handle tough situations, angry, flaming trolls, people calling you names, all sorts of stuff while remaining calm and not reacting emotionally. Power-trips will not be tolerated.

Activity & Proactivity: You must be an active member, but you don't necessarily need to post crazy lots. If you lurk here, post occasionally, and are familiar with the community and what is going on, that’s fine. In fact, if you tend to post very very frequently, then you may not be happy as a moderator. This is because as an official moderator, you would have to take a step back from engaging in personal debates, and posting your personal opinions about individuals to a large degree.

Grammar, spelling, clear post etiquette: I’ll be looking back through your post history to see if your style of posting is clear and easy to read.

Helpfulness and positive attitude: We are looking for people who really want to help the community, and will bring a positive attitude to the table!

Availability: We're going to try to find people in a variety of time zones, who can focus on different areas of the forums. extra points if you are online between 2am-4am PST!

Languages: Reading/Writing languages other than English is a plus!

Requirements:
Minimum 3 months as a member of forums
No active warnings (nothing in the past 6 months)
50 post minimum

Must be at least 16

If you are interested please send me an email with the following information:
1) What's your forum username?
2) How much time would you say you spend in the forums each day?
3) Which forum sections do you spend the most time in? Which the least?
4) What time of day do you usually spend time in here? (Mornings? Evenings? Middle of the night?) Also, what time zone are you in?
5) How old are ya?
6) Do you speak/write any other languages? (not required, just curious!)
7) What is your actual full name?

If you aren't selected this time around, do not despair, we will keep you in mind for next time! Stay an active, helpful member and we'll always need more mods down the line. Thank you to everyone who is interested in helping out!!

Send your apps to games[at]thebehemoth[dot]com and all moderators will review as a group and we'll let you know if we have any questions. Deadline will be April 6, 2015. Selection process may go until the end of April, but we'll post the new moderators by the first week of May 2015!

• Upvote 5

Finally! I have been waiting for this moment for a long time! Thank you megan for opening up this new opportunity for me, and I hope for a better chance this time around! :-D

• Upvote 2

No active warnings (nothing in the past 6 months)

steve2-e1421558071614.jpg?w=630&h=355

This is legit the only thing keeping me from being a mod, curse you inner demon

• Upvote 4

The thing I hate about these is I act way more mature then people my age are supposed to and act more like an adult then a "kid", I think people should be allowed to do these things when they are under the age limit because some are more mature then others, by the time I'm of age the chance to be a mod will be very low.

• Upvote 1

I'd love to become a moderator, too bad I'm the least mature person I know.

Good luck to those of you that are applying though!

You have to give your full name... That's not good. Isn't that private information for some people? (like myself)

You have to give your full name... That's not good. Isn't that private information for some people? (like myself)

Its not like they're going to hunt you down or anything.

Dang, age is the only thing keeping me back from applying.

Either way, I probably wouldn't become a Moderator. 

I'm a tad too "Silly", and I literally just got out of getting up at five AM, so getting back into it might be rough.

Edited by Skirczak
  • Upvote 1

I see that a bunch of you are saying that you can't become a moderator because of your age, but trust me you probobly don't want to become a moderator. It aint all fun and games when you have to spend your days cracking down on cyber criminals and follow a stricter set of rules.

Can I apply again?

Seriously, though, pretty cool we'll be adding someone new, so I'm not the newest Mod anymore.

Pockets already planning what kind of hazing he'll give this fresh blood.

• Upvote 8

It aint all fun and games when you have to spend your days cracking down on cyber criminals and follow a stricter set of rules.

Cyber-criminals, not really, but it is important to try and look at situations from a more objective perspective as a moderator.  :-)

The rules for moderators aren't totally strict, but as Megan outlined in the OP: there are times when you'll have to take a step back and think about your posts and whether or not they're appropriate. Moderators set an example for other users, and setting a bad example can cause problems for everybody.

EDIT

I should also mention that setting a good example has the opposite effect, and (hopefully) makes the forums a much nicer place to be. I think trying to contribute to that is what keeps me here.  :arrow:

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 1

I see that a bunch of you are saying that you can't become a moderator because of your age, but trust me you probobly don't want to become a moderator. It aint all fun and games when you have to spend your days cracking down on cyber criminals and follow a stricter set of rules.

Are you trying to convince others not to join to make it easier for you? ;-)

In all seriousness, I think most of us understand the responsibilities (and sometimes burdens) of being a moderator. I mean really, we all see the same forums. Some just have the Monado the power to change the future.

...Y'know, locking threads and moving them? -sigh- I really pushed that joke.

• Upvote 1

Man. I would love the job, but can't do it in 2 more years. I have some moderator experience from being a steam mod for the game Colossal Kaiju Combat.

Are you trying to convince others not to join to make it easier for you? ;-)

In all seriousness, I think most of us understand the responsibilities (and sometimes burdens) of being a moderator. I mean really, we all see the same forums. Some just have the Monado the power to change the future.

...Y'know, locking threads and moving them? -sigh- I really pushed that joke.

You could say scaler is really FEELING the need to have moderator. *puts on glasses* YEAAAAAAAAA

Sorry. Couldn't resist making that pun.

Edited by Delta
  • Upvote 1

I'd love to apply but...

#2muchresponsibility4me

No seriously, I don't have to much time to be mod. I love this community and all, but it's tough being on 24/7

I'd qualify for a few of these, 13% done with learning spanish and decent grammar.

It's scaring me that GameFemale is the only willing applicant at the moment, gods save us.

Aw come on now, you know you want me as mod. :?

It's scaring me that GameFemale is the only willing applicant at the moment, gods save us.

I actually do want to apply and I am mature enough but I'm too young, which is annoying

• Upvote 1

Somebody said free power in a forum?

Good luck to anyone wanting to be a moderator. I'm really looking forward to know who it'll be (though I don't come through here a lot so it's basically a lie).

You'd probably turn the forums into a sonic themed forum

I would not. More likely than not, I will make sure nobody is breaking any rules and all that blah blah.

I just want to wish everyone that applied good luck!   ;-)

Edited by Vinchenzo
  • Upvote 3