A C Cret

The Behemoth Forums April Fools' Smash Tournament!

Saturday, April 11th, 3:00pm PST

Do you hate those boring, same-old, same-old tournaments that don't allow items, only use omega stages, and don't allow customs? Well then, this is the tournament for you!

This will be a 3DS exclusive tournament, but if somebody else wants to take responsibility for a Wii U counterpart, I'll be glad to include that as well.

**Format curtesy of GoldenGhost**

-Rounds will be best of 3, except for finals and grand finals which will be best of 5

-Double Elimination

-All items on

-All stages allowed

-All custom moves and badges/equipment allowed

Prizes:

Winner - cool signature swag

Grand winner - cooler signature swag

In the instance the Grand Winner and Winner are the same team - coolest signature swag

-----Double Elimination-----

Rules are pretty simple. There will be a Winner's Bracket (WB) and a Loser's Bracket (LB); everyone starts in the WB. Obviously, if you win, you advance in your bracket. Losing in the WB drops you to the LB, and losing in the LB eliminates you from the tournament. (Insert poorly-drawn Flipnote animation for reference here)

The winning team of the WB (Winner's finals) is named the "Winner", and the winner of the LB (Loser's finals) will face off against the Winner to determine the Grand Winner (Grand Finals). The Grand Winner will get some awesome signature swag while the Winner will get some slightly-less-awesome signature swag.

-----Sign-ups-----

In order to sign up, please include your 3DS Friend Code, your Skype account name (optional, but reccomended), and your Challonge account name (optional). Also, please give me an idea of when you are available to play so I can pick a good time for this to happen. I'm thinking a Saturday evening, although my schedule is somewhat flexible. (Be specific with time zones to avoid confusion!)

Note: The deadline to sign up will be 24 hours before the tournament, so make sure you sign up before then!

Sign-up deadline is April 10th at 11:59 PM PST

To sign up, please make a post below including:

-your 3DS Friend Code

-your Skype username (optional, but reccommended)

-your Challonge account (optional)

-a general idea of when you are and aren't available to compete in the tournament

**You will not be added to the sign up list if you do not have everything required**

----The Bracket----

Here is the bracket. Please notify me of any errors before the tournament begins! :-)

----The Sign Up List----

A C Cret

Friend Code: 2320-6361-3224

Challonge: A_C_Cret

GoldenGhost

Friend Code: 3454-2259-8402

Challonge: FinalStarman

Chris

Friend Code: 0946-2724-5736

Delta

Friend Code: 0001-3815-8600

Gamefemale

Friend Code: 2320-6681-7010

Challonge: Gamefemale

IndustrialKnight

Friend Code: 4897-7240-9458

Edited by A C Cret

I'd love to compete!

3DS Friend Code: 3454-2259-8402

Challonge: FinalStarman

The time you specified works for me, but in case you wind up changing it, I'm available in afternoons and evenings on weekends (any time after 12 PM EST/9 AM PST works great) and evenings on weekdays (any time after 5PM EST/2 PM PST).

Edited by GoldenGhost

I can probably do the 4th @ 3PM PST. No promises yet, but I might as well sign-up for now:

Friend Code: 0946-2724-5736
Challonge: n/a

If I can't make it to the tourney, we should play some Smash sometime anyways. :-)

• Upvote 1

I'll join in! 

My friend code: 0001-3815-8600

I was also wondering, can we only use 1 character throughout the tourney or can we switch between matches? 

My skype: Deltafire

My time zone is PST. 

I'll be availible for the tournament anytime. I have a lot of free time. The only instances I couldn't make it would be if I went on vacation or forgot. But, I'm probably not gonna be on some vacation on a random weekend.

Edited by Delta

I was also wondering, can we only use 1 character throughout the tourney or can we switch between matches?

Yes. Most normal tournaments allow this, but just make sure you have customs for each of them! (Or not. Maybe you'll surprise us all with vanilla characters!)

• Upvote 1

I would love to enter this but unfortunately can not as I have SATs the next day and will most likely spend the entire day studying, however to those who are entering I wish you the best of luck!

• Upvote 1

To everyone competing: One week warning! Please add everyone's friend codes ahead of time to make this as easy as possible. Skype chat will be used for communication.

Edited by A C Cret

I'd join, but I have work at 5:00PM Saturday. CST. I have to work literally when the tourny starts.

:-( Dang. Maybe in the future you can join a different one!

Edited by A C Cret

And here I come with an entry on the last day!

Friend Code: 2320-6681-7010

Challonge: Gamefemale

I've been practicing with Sonic ever since daikon and I won the last tournament, and I hope to Spring the Springtrap solo tomorrow!

Thank you monkey wrench, for making this harder on me than it was for the last two weeks... ;-)

Also, THIS IS A SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT!

I may be unable to host the tourney this weekend due to last minute vacation plans. The place I am going to does have wifi, but depending on family plans, and the wifi quality, I may have to delay the tourney to next weekend at the latest. On the bright side, I have next week off of school, so if it works for everyone, we can do it mid-week. Please, if you could, give me some times that work for you if things end up going south! Thanks! :-)

Edited by A C Cret

Thank you monkey wrentch, for making this harder on me than it was for the last two weeks... ;-)

I'm not a monkey, my name is Springtrap.

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify, the tournament has been delayed to a later date. Right? Or is it still today?

Thanks for posting something here! I did PM everyone involved, but for anyone who hasn't signed up, THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN DELAYED FOR A WEEK.

The tournament is now on this Saturday, April 11th, at 3:00pm PST

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify, the tournament has been delayed to a later date. Right? Or is it still today?

Thanks for posting something here! I did PM everyone involved, but for anyone who hasn't signed up, THE TOURNAMENT HAS BEEN DELAYED FOR A WEEK.

The tournament is now on this Saturday, April 11th, at 3:00pm PST

That works for me (I think. I might be a few minutes late). I have the Sunday off work so I shouldn't have any issues staying up for the tourney Saturday night.  :-)

That works for me (I think. I might be a few minutes late). I have the Sunday off work so I shouldn't have any issues staying up for the tourney Saturday night.  :-)

I can move you later in the bracket as needed, just try and give me a small heads-up! :-)

I know it's last minute, but unfortunately, I can't attend. My brother's at a chess competition and has the 3DS with him.  :-( If only everyone had a Wii U in this tourney, then I could still attend XD. Well, anyways, I'd feel guilty if you had to delay it any longer. So, yea know, good luck guys, and have fun! Hopefully I can attend the next tourney!

For some reason I read EST instead of PDT, so I'll definitely be able to make it hahaha.

Looking forward to these custom rules; they're going to make for a crazy tournament.  :evil:

• Upvote 1

And, the results are in!

1st - Chris; Crazy, Auto-Healing Ike

2nd - Gamefemale; Vanilla Sonic

Somewhere else less respectable - A C Cret; Stupid fast Home-Run Bat Zero Suit

DNF -

GoldenGhost

IndustrialKnight

I will contact everyone shortly with their signature swag :-)

Edited by A C Cret

And, the results are in!

1st - Gamefemale; Vanilla Sonic

2nd - Chris; Crazy, Auto-Healing Ike

Somewhere else less respectable - A C Cret; Stupid fast Home-Run Bat Zero Suit

DNF -

GoldenGhost

IndustrialKnight

I will contact everyone shortly with their signature swag :-)

I would like to correct you on the placings. Chris won. I got 2nd.

I feel bad that I couldn't participate, there was a lot of trouble with my wifi. I was having a really busy day in general and I didn't have time to practice in any way, so hopefully I'll be better prepared for the next tournanent I participate in.

Thanks AC for hosting, you did a good job keeping everyone informed after the postponement and overall it was well-organized :-D

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 1