Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Devil May Cry General

devilmaycry-80224.png

We have a Devil May Cry thread already, but it's a super-old one I dedicated to the reboot. Since the franchise is going to be getting a bit more attention soon, I thought this thread would be a good idea.

I really enjoy the Devil May Cry games, even including DmC (after I finally gave it a chance to impress me). I've heard that DmC: Definitive Edition fixes some of the technical stuff I didn't like about the original game too, so I'm hoping to play that eventually.

But I love the original series a lot more, and this new trailer for DMC4: Special Edition has me super excited. Like, seriously excited. Vergil is back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR4HuK7JNfQ

Glad this thread was made.

I just bought DmC for the third time (360 then PC then XB1)

Can't get enough of it, but I should really play the classic series. I own 4 on Steam but never played it, may pick up the collection on 360 sometime

I have played the entirety of DMC1 (decent), DMC2 (freaking awful), DMC3 (probably my favorite), part of DMC4 (which seems decent from what I played) and never played DmC, but have heard really good and really bad things about it.  I kinda want to get it for my PS4.  I read about this announcement today on my phone, as was like "yeah, that's pretty cool.  I can dig it.".

I have played the entirety of DMC1 (decent), DMC2 (freaking awful), DMC3 (probably my favorite), part of DMC4 (which seems decent from what I played) and never played DmC, but have heard really good and really bad things about it.  I kinda want to get it for my PS4.  I read about this announcement today on my phone, as was like "yeah, that's pretty cool.  I can dig it.".

I have the collection on xbox and totally agree with 1 and 2 being bad, I haven't finished 2 though so I haven't played 3 or 4 yet, but that's exciting. I need to get a new console soon!

I have the collection on xbox and totally agree with 1 and 2 being bad, I haven't finished 2 though so I haven't played 3 or 4 yet, but that's exciting. I need to get a new console soon!

DMC1 wasn't bad back in 2001, but it certainly hasn't aged well. DMC2 is considered the worst of the series...which I kind of agree with, but I also have a soft spot for it considering it was the first game in the series which I personally owned (also Dante's outfit and Devil Trigger look the best in that game). IMO DMC3 is easily still the best in the series as far as content and story are concerned.  :-)

• Upvote 1

DMC1 wasn't bad back in 2001, but it certainly hasn't aged well. DMC2 is considered the worst of the series...which I kind of agree with, but I also have a soft spot for it considering it was the first game in the series which I personally owned (also Dante's outfit and Devil Trigger look the best in that game). IMO DMC3 is easily still the best in the series as far as content and story are concerned.  :-)

The first game was super hard too, I haven't had a tough time beating a game like that in a while! but it was worth it!   :-P​ I really should play the 2nd more. I have been hearing that alot about the 3rd installment as well, can't wait to get to it!  :-)