Sign in to follow this  
drunken feedle

Ponyo

Just saw this film for the first time today and omg!

Its so amazing!  While people may hate it for the theme and story its truely an amazing peice of art.

Any fan of animation will love it...

While the story is just like Little Mermaid in a sense its much more then that.. its a story about true friendship

Also wanted to say that im going to watch my neighbour totoro pretty soon and if your a fan of castle crashers and the cats or cat animation in the game youd be surprised at what you see in this movie.

In general Miyazaki movies are pretty freaking amazing, if you enjoyed Ponyo you should definitely check out some of his other stuff as well.

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen Ponyo but I agree with Ultanoka; all of Miyazaki's movies are masterpieces. I think you're really going to like My Neighbor Totoro, and I also recommend checking out Howl's Moving Castle and Princess Mononoke if you haven't seen those.

I have ponyo, totoro, wind rises, howls, castle in the sky, monoke, porco rosso, kiki, spirited away.

Totoro has a neat story but found the animation not as unique as kiyazakis other movies...

I dont have vally of the wind or his first movie with the gangs..

Kiki and ponyo to me have a wonderful bond of friendship

Totoro while its unique i dont find it as visual as the others..

Wind rises was his saddest

Monoke was the most epiq or frieghtening

Howls reminded me of wizard of oz

Castle in the sky reminded me of sonic and dr eggman and metalslug

Spirited away reminded me of alice in wonderland

Porco reminded me of tailspin

saw the wind rises and its sad because of a few things.. its a biopic but also reflects miyazakis life..

this is the 2nd movie where someone is ill with tuberculosis... but in this one his wife dies

in toroto the girls mother is sick with it and also has a cold where she becomes hospitalized

the relation to this is miyazakis mother passed away from the disease and toroto is about miyazaki and his brother woried about his mother.. if you need referance read the imdb.com and search totoro and the wind rises.

Its kind of depressing too because it was his last movie he directed ...

Castle in the sky i also watched and the movie reminded me very much of the iron giant, sonic, and metal slug... very good story and a very long movie.. its 2 hours long and loved it though its got an old school akira type of feel to it.