megan

Icymi: Battleblock Theater's 2Nd Anniversary

Last Friday, April 3, 2015, marked our 2nd anniversary for BattleBlock Theater (BBT)! Our puzzle platformer started on XBLA and is now available for Windows & Linux via Steam. Here was our first launch trailer when it released in 2013:

Since then, we've grown our numbers to over 4 million players of BattleBlock Theater! Thank you so much to all of the players for supporting us by purchasing a copy of the game and to all the fans who dedicated time to create levels, fan art, costumes, etc. It made all those years of development worth it.

Happy 2nd birthday to our game baby!

551f166c16a22-hattytissueboxcontest2.jpg

Now, we'd love to hear who your favorite BBT star prisoner character is and why. We've already released all of our special unlocks--all of Hatty's friends. (And we're still re-releasing them each week because we keep acquiring new players!) But just in case you need to remember their names, here is our Battlepedia of special prisoners

We'll randomly choose 5 winners from the entries and send them a Hatty tissue box cover (currently expo exclusive). The sweepstakes can be found HERE.

Owning a Facebook account isn't necessary, but you will need a valid email address and be sure to include your favorite STAR PRISONER & REASON. 

<3 Thanks again you lovely chickens. 

• Upvote 6

Man, I love this game. 2013 was a pretty hard year, and I needed a game that made me smile. This was it.

I'm gonna need a tissue box since I'll start crying because of those memories, and there's nothing better than Hatty giving you tissues while he's crying too.

• Upvote 3

I need this because I'm going through incredibly harsh times right now, and nothing would be better than getting a tissue from Hatty's Hat while hugging all the other huge plushies I carry around basically everywhere now!

• Upvote 2

Man, it feels like such a long time ago!

I joined these forums shortly after I first heard of this game mid 2010 (and back when I mistook the name of one of the main characters for "Mr. Hatty" instead of "Hatty Hattington" but eh), and honestly at the time it seemed like the game wasn't going to come out at all, but boy am I glad it did. If anything, Battleblock Theater was instrumental in me becoming close with several members of this community, most notably Dropped Your Pocket. Playing BBT co-op with him was such a blast and was the beginning of a friendship that may not have happened otherwise, it's kinda crazy to think that was 2 whole years ago.

Thanks again Behemoth for making such an awesome game that brings people together, I am very much looking forward to Game 4 to hopefully do the same.

• Upvote 2

Y'know, playing this game always brings a smile to my face. :-)

Especially when I go online with all the noobs that joined when the game was free for a bit, showing off all my heads in the trading booth, including the star heads, and then killing them with grenades as they try to convince me to trade with them

• Upvote 2