Sign in to follow this  
Erin_Behemoth

[10-April-2015] Arena Feature: You Won Again, Ya Dopey Dum-Dum!

The narrator of BattleBlock Theater once delighted in calling prisoners dopey dum-dums, but we decided it was a bit too mean, so that was that. But I'm bringin' it back, because if anyone can take it, it's two-time in a row-time winner, echoplex!

Arena Feature:
DopeOut Arena by echoplex

A mixed playlist without being a mixed blessing, this is a fun assortment of levels from the designer of "Ballout", our previous arena playlist winner! I don't think that's ever happened before! Is there an echo in here??

My favorite bit about these levels is that I found myself constantly interacting with their unique arrangements, without ever feeling forced. I'm all for dancing over spike blocks when I'm feeling cocky, but it can be a bit tiresome to be forced to do it every few moments. Perhaps it's worth risking that temporary bridge to get that gold, or those lasers to guarantee my shot... or maybe not. The choice is mine! I mean yours!

Speaking or risky propositions, another key element are the many spots where echoplex forces you to choose the right moment to score, or in other words, to perfectly wash that window of opportunity. Often, exacting timing can be too punishing for players already worrying about the other prisoners in their midst, but thanks to the aforementioned optionality(??) of these layouts, echoplex neatly side-steps the problem.

For more fancy stepping, check these out!

2015-04-09_00016.jpg2015-04-09_00020.jpg2015-04-09_00013.jpg

Echoplex has proven to be a double threat, but can he hope to one day transform into his ultimate form: Triple Threat!

FeaturePost_TripThreat.jpg

We can all only hope that it works out for him. Echo, you may want try poking around some radioactive waste if you want to boost your chances...

[Feature playlist 10-APRIL-2015]

Hur-ry! Hur-ry! Hur-ry! This Arena Feature is back under the spotlight for a limited time only. And when you go into an online area of the game this week, you'll also get a chance to unlock Duckshark if you haven't done so before!

FeaturePost_DuckShark.jpg

Get your early duck special today!

These levels are back! Head to BattleBlock Theater Arena Features to play this and get Peeps for a limited time!

FeaturePost_PEEPS.jpg