Sign in to follow this  
dP Cypher

Game Of Thrones(Personal Opinions)

I've heard it's a really good show, but I can't decide if I want to actually watch it.

Could someone write a little review of the show( Be honest)

If I watch it I'll be sure to come back and tell you all about what I thought.

Feel free to discuss about anything with anyone about the show, just make sure you use spoilers if you feel it will ruin it for someone!

Well, I haven't watched it myself, but all I know is that people will do anything to see the next episode.

So, I'm going to give you advice.

Don't get into it. If a show is super popular and people are dying to see the next one, it probably means it has a lot of cliffhangers, which makes you want to watch more, so you'll be wasting your life.

TV is a huge time waster as is, you shouldn't waste more time on it then you should.

That's just how I've seen other people react to it.

Like, "IZ NEEDEDS TO WITCH NEST EPIDODE!!!!111One"

On the other hand, if people want to watch it a lot, then it's most likely a pretty good show. I heard that it takes SIX MILLION to make a single episode. That's two times more then a normal TV show.

So yeah, it may be a good show, or it may be some of those shows that you get obsessed over and waste your time on. Yes, entertainment is good, but you need to think of other productive things to do.

I probably shouldn't be here because I haven't even watched it, but I'm just inserting my opinion on shows like this.

I have watched the entire 4 seasons twice over and I can honestly say it is really good, it is extremely well written in some parts and has plenty action. However just like any other TV show it has a very slow start at the beginning but with the episodes being longer (55 minutes each episode) than an average TV show it tends to feel like it drags. It more than makes up for it towards the end of each season with every episode getting closer to the final the more intense and dramatic it becomes. I would advise you starting from the start otherwise you won't know what is going on. In season 3 I found it a bit confusing to keep track and remember names with so many characters it introduces the first time I watched it. Love, betrayal, greed, murder, corruption are also a huge setting in this high fantasy world so if you are interested in any of that then go ahead and watch it.  

Overall it is a really amazing TV show to watch even with its slow start it more than makes up for it later on. Would recommend watching.  

A Song of Ice & Fire is amazing. The TV adaptation, Game of Thrones, is almost as great.

I've been reading the books whilst also watching the series because I wanted to see if the TV series did the books justice. Does it? Most definitely. The pacing of the books is much too slow for TV, so the writers tend to mash different chapters together and switch characters around to put fit them into more interesting scenes in the show. The TV series works as a TV series, but wouldn't work as a book. The books work as a series of books (except for maybe book 5, which drags on forever), but wouldn't work as a TV show.

In my opinion, the books are definitely worth checking out if you're a fan of political fantasy fiction, and the TV series is worth checking out if you like story driven fantasy drama (and have a bunch of free time to catch up on episodes).

Game of Thrones is one of my all time favorites in terms of media. It is aimed for mature audiences so it is not the book/show for everyone. I do think that if you are mature enough you will really like it. So if you are interested and are okay with the nudity and violent situations, you should definitely pick up the books or watch the show