Sign in to follow this  
Morg

Morg Makes A Game?! (Unnamed Project)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZhXuawVRHU

Whoa what is this Morg made a game and was productive here what huh

what

Dz5JaE8m.png

But for real, I made a game for a final project in school. It's named COMPLEX. I thought I would share it here amongst you all and get some general feedback and whatnot, and perhaps bring new content in the coming months or whatnot. I'm working hard to make it as good as I can.

Twitter page: https://twitter.com/ComplexMEGAFX

EDIT 5/31/2015: Some feedback was taken into consideration and a new version to fix these issues has been released!

--"Not Really a Beta" Beta Notes--

• Player 1 levels complete: 5
  • Player 2 levels complete: 1
  • ??? arena is functional
  • Hidden easter egg works

--"We're Making Progress" Beta Notes--

• All of Player 1's levels are complete!
  • More levels for Player 2 are playable!
  • ??? is roughly 80% done!
  • More secrets! (...they aren't functional yet.)
  • CONTROLLER SUPPORT!!

--First "Complete" Release 1.0.0 Notes--

• Player 1 & 2's levels are finished
  • Haunted House levels implemented
  • Levels have new palettes and/or layouts
  • Credits!
  • Some bug fixes!
  • MORE STUFF I FORGOT TO PUT HERE!!

--"People Whined" Release 1.0.1 Notes--

• Made some rooms easier
  • Made the invisible pits more obvious

Get the game here:

1.0.1 release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/adpycta80f68mat/COMPLEX-Default-1.0.1.0.zip?dl=0

1.0.0 release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iw4etam2y83vpz8/COMPLEX%201.0.0.zip?dl=0

Beta 2 release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhp8dkiy10vlfjd/Complex%20Beta%202.zip?dl=0

Beta 1 release: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2oa14tbiporo34/morgans%20game%20beta%201.exe?dl=0

Edited by Morg
  • Upvote 8

Just played through what you have, and I'll say it's a very good game so far. The only problem I had with it was after I completed the last level you had, the game loaded up the background for what seemed to be the next level, but I really couldn't do anything, so I had no choice but to exit out of the game. Besides that, I had a blast with it. If I you're taking in requests for new characters, I recommend Sonic the Hedgehog or Freddy Fazbear. Add at least one of those 2 in, and you'll have my loyalty forever.

after I completed the last level you had, the game loaded up the background for what seemed to be the next level, but I really couldn't do anything

That's a placeholder to keep the game from glitching up. There's no level there... yet.

The first poll is up! What kind of level do you want to see in a future update of the game?

The first poll is up! What kind of level do you want to see in a future update of the game?

What if I want all of those

How come haunted house is an option, but haunted pizzeria isn't? :?

What if I want all of those

For now I would prefer to work on one level at a time. The one with the most votes will be made first, second place is made next, and the third place will get a second chance in a future poll.

EDIT 5/24/2015: Atari and Haunted House tied with 3 votes each, with the Beach level getting only one vote! Break the tie and vote for the new level theme! Beta 2 is up for download!

• Upvote 1

The game is good so far and would like to see how it progresses, however if I had to make 1 critique about the game it would be the colours on each of the stages. They don't blend well against each other and the 'red on red' makes it difficult to tell where the next platform is. And it is just and eye strain.

https://youtu.be/Aip2aIt0ROM?t=430 

The game is good so far and would like to see how it progresses, however if I had to make 1 critique about the game it would be the colours on each of the stages. They don't blend well against each other and the 'red on red' makes it difficult to tell where the next platform is. And it is just and eye strain.

I got to work on the lair stages right away. Is this any better?

Nj7CqoN.png

Also, it could be me, but I don't see how the grass and snow levels look off. Maybe it's the bricks everywhere, I'm not sure. But I'll work on getting a decent palette for the caves soon.

I got to work on the lair stages right away. Is this any better?

Nj7CqoN.png

Also, it could be me, but I don't see how the grass and snow levels look off. Maybe it's the bricks everywhere, I'm not sure. But I'll work on getting a decent palette for the caves soon.

It was mainly just the levels that had the same brick colours and the same background really. Personally I don't really like how fast the snow falls in the background, but I think that it is just personal preference.    

For the snow level, the background is scrolling pretty slow. It's at 1, the bare minimum. And I can't put in decimal numbers for background speed. Sorry, I'll see what I can do about it.

As for the same color as background deal, the only other level I can think of is the cave level. I can brighten up the floors to make them pop out I suppose.

Good beta Morg, though there are a few things I want to point out.

-When I die at the boss, I changed from the blue guy to the yellow guy.

-When I die at the boss as the yellow guy, the boss does not show up again.

-The second phase of the boss seems undefeatable, though it could just be me not hitting him fast enough.

Were any of those intentional?

Good beta Morg, though there are a few things I want to point out.

-When I die at the boss, I changed from the blue guy to the yellow guy.

-When I die at the boss as the yellow guy, the boss does not show up again.

-The second phase of the boss seems undefeatable, though it could just be me not hitting him fast enough.

Were any of those intentional?

The first one may be a error on my part, cloning the stages I might have forgotten to fix the room transition to Player 2's second phase of the boss.

I'll look more into the second issue. As for the third, it's possible to beat it. It takes around maybe 40 hits to beat it.

5/29/2015 Update: The first working finished version of Complex is out! With new features and other things! Check the first post for details and the download link!

• Upvote 1

EDIT 5/31/2015: Some feedback was taken into consideration and a new version to fix these issues has been released! Check the top post for the download and new features!

NaYM3ri.png

í̸̥̞̬̹̀̈́ͯ͢ ͚͖̩͉̩̜͚̰̽a̦̙̹̭̘͓̳̠̳ͨ̅̊̅ͧͩ̃͑͘m̺̯̮̦̫̲̬͔͋̄́̔̚ ̺̪̘̹̭͊͗̿̓̄̆ͭ̌s̫̣͓̭͉̤̏̉ͮ͑̌ͦ͒̌ͯͅťͨͮ̇̕҉͏̫͔̭̣i̛̤̳͚ͤͪͅl̵̠̮̮̲̈́͠l̹̞̗͈̮͕͔̒̆̽̒̍̓͟ ̖̪̙͂ͩ̆ͬ̎h͕̫̟̘̖͂̑ͬͬͫ̈̌̿͡e͎̫̬̙͔̘̜̝͗ͫr̟̩̰̠̰͛͗̐̈ͨ͒̕͜e̜͓̲̦͎̼̜͇ͤ̀̅̌̑ͣ̕

...the game is still being worked on calm yourselves

Edited by Morg
  • Upvote 3

So I'm guessing with Morg gone, we won't see any upate on this? :c

Whoosh. No more updates.

jWROWYQ.png

• Upvote 1

So I posted here a while ago, and today I'm posting here again. It's not Complex related, but ICPM3 gave me an idea for a game, and in the span of a month, I created:

i0LYprU.png

A game where you must make it to the streets to fight legendary opponents as everyone's favorite wind-controlling arabic guy, Rashid!

Download is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frzocgam3k8iz9t/rashido.exe?dl=0

May contain content not appropriate on the forums. If you can't boot the game up or it's stuck on a specific screen, please let me know.

• Upvote 1

So I posted here a while ago, and today I'm posting here again. It's not Complex related, but ICPM3 gave me an idea for a game, and in the span of a month, I created:

i0LYprU.png

A game where you must make it to the streets to fight legendary opponents as everyone's favorite wind-controlling arabic guy, Rashid!

Download is below:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/frzocgam3k8iz9t/rashido.exe?dl=0

May contain content not appropriate on the forums. If you can't boot the game up or it's stuck on a specific screen, please let me know.

Time for an official Slick Star Gaming© review

Rashid of the Turbulent Wind

Gameplay is pretty okay. I keep getting stuck within the first 30 seconds though, those crafty osama heads keep pushing me into a corner and trapping me. The Rashid head is too big to go anywhere and you can't move up or down so once you're pushed off to the side you're basically screwed.

Presentation is nice. Great artwork on the main menu and a nice selection of plagiarized assets throughout the rest of the game. Would've been nice to see the actual logo in the game somewhere instead of just comic sans with a bunch of spelling errors but hey who cares. The scrolling background was good. Music was nicely chosen. I only detected one sound effect in the game, but with a sound effect like that, one is all you really need

From a technical standpoint it's pretty solid, I didn't see any bugs. In that sense it's already better than some AAA garbage

Overall good job, I give it 9 out of 10 goldenghosts. Keep up the good work!

• Upvote 3