SaltOnToast

"the First 20 Minutes"

I couldn't be happier with how this looks, everything in the demo is better than I imagined! I really like each of the characters we've seen, and the fact that you can recruit anyone sounds awesome. I was laughing quite a bit at the dialogue too, the story seems pretty great so far. I really like how you can customize your characters with different hats and stuff, and the dialogue during the battles is both hilarious and great for making each character you face seem significant and unique in some way. I also like how there's co-op for this game, and I'm crossing my fingers for online battles in the arena.

I guess if I had to nit-pick, there are a couple of things I noticed that I'm not sure about:

1. the fact that your characters attack randomly; I guess that puts an emphasis on placing them strategically but throwing such a huge randomness factor into the combat is still very odd for a strategy RPG

2. the HP system; it's obvious the characters do damage to each other in numerical values but the health display shows hearts... I don't know how those two relate to each other, so hopefully that's explained

Everything else in the game looks awesome though. I can't wait to see more!

Still love the humour, kept me laughing all the way through the demo especially the gibberish that Stamper did for the people and also that he is the hand of god, and a lot more 'present' in this game than he is in Battleblock Theater.

The Game play looks well designed, I do like how if one person is in front of someone else then they block the arrows. (Haven't really played many strategy tile games apart from Xcom: Enemy Unknown so don't know if it is the base standard). 

And the story seems as random as ever which I enjoy. 

Stamper plays "The Crazy Hand of God" role perfectly. Had me in stitches the entire 20 minutes. :-D

• Upvote 4

I have no complains, just a suggestions that is putting the narrator to do some lines between the fight. If the fight gets really long, like in the video, it should help the people playing to have a giggle at least.. But the music is great ! Loved it (:

hi i was super duper excited after i saw video hopefully this will be released soon so i can rub my arms together in joy. 

i especially like the music it is exquisite much like when you go to a restaurant and order the liver and then you get the liver and youre like "holy crap!!!! this liver is actually good!!! iw as getting dinner for my dog and then i took a bite because i was curious and it turned out to be excellent! sorry pooch this liver is mine!"

in commemmoration of this radical video and game coming out soon i have created a great piece of art. unlike the gameplay, this piece of art took much longer than 20 minutes.

http://imgur.com/t4UKXMm

i mean you guys shouldnt feel bad that you cant draw this well but if you want lessons or something let me know im pretty good and i wouldnt be surprised if mr paladin calls me up after this post. i feel it may be a bit too avant-garde for your style though.

The way the game plays in the fights like the factors of some weapons are better with helmeted enemies and so, feel a lot like Fire Emblem, which is good.

The way the game plays in the fights like the factors of some weapons are better with helmeted enemies and so, feel a lot like Fire Emblem, which is good.

Essentially everything I was gonna say. Thanks mang

But yeah, it looks pretty cleaned up in the gameplay department, so that's awesome. Was a kind of "partner" feature announced yet? Like putting a unit next to another to boost it's abilities?

At least I'm not the only one who enjoyed Stamper's role, which fits perfectly. Hopefully we will get to hear him a lot​ more then in Battleblock Theatre.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how much is written by The Behemoth and whether Stamper improvises some lines or helps out with the writing.