alianhomeaid456

Hd Re-Masters.

This should go in the Other Games thread.

And Ristar is more than deserving of an HD remake. Underrated gem, I swear.

I wish companies would take more risks and make more IP's, or at least sequels with old IP's. It's ridiculous how many remakes are on the PS4 and Xbone, and they're rarely even an improvement.

That being said, Nintendo does remakes right. They wait for the game to be old, and they don't just port it, they completely redo it. And they still do other stuff.

Rant aside, I would love to either see a Super Mario Sunshine HD, or a Super Mario 64 HD. I know that these games don't look all that bad (and Super Mario 64 had the DS iteration), but to see these in 720p60 would look great, and would bring back some more classics that were overlooked at release.

• Upvote 2

I wish companies would take more risks and make more IP's, or at least sequels with old IP's. It's ridiculous how many remakes are on the PS4 and Xbone, and they're rarely even an improvement.

That being said, Nintendo does remakes right. They wait for the game to be old, and they don't just port it, they completely redo it. And they still do other stuff.

Rant aside, I would love to either see a Super Mario Sunshine HD, or a Super Mario 64 HD. I know that these games don't look all that bad (and Super Mario 64 had the DS iteration), but to see these in 720p60 would look great, and would bring back some more classics that were overlooked at release.

I think theres someone making a fan HD remake of Super Mario 64.

Topic was moved from "off-topic" to "other games" for relevance. ;-)

One game I would love to see get an HD Remaster would be Tomba, I haven't seen any other game emulate it's format which is an objective/points based system with platforming. It really is a breed of it's own. 

I think theres someone making a fan HD remake of Super Mario 64.

Yeah but it sadly got taken down unsurprisingly, however I do hope he is still remaking Mario 64 with the Unity Engine. 

A game that I would like to see get a HD remake would be The Witcher 1 or maybe older Half Life titles. I would make an entire list of what I would like to be remade, but it will just go on forever. 

Edited by Abz2141

I like the HD remasters that come to PC totally free, with the other ones i'm like... eh. I don't care, as long they don't become a standard in the industry (though they've already become a standard but not that "regular").

One game should get a HD remaster is one game that should've received it in 2014, but instead, we got Sonic Boom.

*cough*Sonic Heroes*cough*

• Upvote 1

One game should get a HD remaster is one game that should've received it in 2014, but instead, we got Sonic Boom.

*cough*Sonic Heroes*cough*

We should get the Adventure trilogy in a remake package

OH WAIT

• Upvote 2

hold on guys. isn't there already a topic like this one?

If you're referring to http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/17662-remakes-remasters-ports-the-lack-of-new-ips-new-games-in-general/ then I think that was meant to discuss the lack of new games and focus on remakes/remasters.

edit: I forgot to mention this in my first post but an Okamiden remaster would be nice for the 3DS or even Wii U.

Edited by Ultanoka
  • Upvote 2

I'd like to see F-Zero GX remastered.  It's a shame Nintendo might not continue this series. 

I've never played an F-Zero title. I'd probably give the series a look if Nintendo gave one of the older games a HD remake or something. Even a reboot might be cool.

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised Super Smash Bros Melee hasn't been said yet, although personally I enjoy Smash 4 far more than I would enjoy a Melee HD remastering.

But if I could have one remaster, I would ask for a re-release of the Mother series with updated graphics (similar to Mother 3's pixel art but a higher resolution, maybe even 2.5D graphics if it came to Wii U). Maybe some slight modifications to Mother 1 so that it isn't impossible to play through without a guide. I just want all 3 games in one package, and yes, a worldwide release! It's a tall order, I understand, but one can dream...

• Upvote 1

Not that I'll ever have the money for a new console but an Ace Combat 4/5/Zero remaster pack would be neat. 

• Upvote 1

I hope eventually the do an HD remake of the very first Rayman.  I don't want it cartoony like the new ones, I want it HD.

But Rayman was always cartoony...?

I mean I respect your opinion but I'd rather have Rayman stay as it is rather than this:

realmario.jpg

I don't mean lose the cartoon graphics altogether, but move it past the pixelated graphics of the original.  I mean, this is what the original looks like, it can definitely get an update without losing the quality.266311-raymanfo_001.jpg