Zytten13

Fallout Fooooour

Heard aboout/saw this at work today.  I joked with my coworker that after the 24 hours is up, it'll switch to a picture of Vault Boy winking with a thumbs up and saying "See you at E3!".

This is the closest thing to confirmation of Fallout 4 we've had in six or so years.  They've never even stated that they're actually working on the game.  Naturally, me, the guy whose favorite series of all time is Fallout, is a little bit excited to see what they have in store for us.

• Upvote 2

1 HOUR GOLLY

Today I woke up to the song "Mighty Mighty Man." This day is going to be great.

fallout_4-3105821.jpg

Cover

CGk5MwDUgAA3_La.png

Rumored first in-game pic.

CGk6hmqVIAAFEgI.jpg

Edited by Zytten13

I really hope the radio is good. I know everyone can't wait for the gameplay release and me to, but 90% of the is you spent listening to the radio (for me at least) its something that you always have on.

It keeps you informed of what people think about you and the events that have happened to that town that you have help/hindered. It plays really good music I especially liked the music from New Vegas and hope that they keep the same sort of Big Band kind of music from the 50's. And a charismatic host of the radio show and hope that they bring back the sort of style of Three-Dog although I did like Mr. New Vegas as well just preferred Three-Dog.   

20 minute hype.

Edited by Abz2141
  • Upvote 1

I really hope the radio is good. I know everyone can't wait for the gameplay release and me to, but 90% of the is you spent listening to the radio (for me at least) its something that you always have on.

It keeps you informed of what people think about you and the events that have happened to that town that you have help/hindered. It plays really good music I especially liked the music from New Vegas and hope that they keep the same sort of Big Band kind of music from the 50's. And a charismatic host of the radio show and hope that they bring back the sort of style of Three-Dog although I did like Mr. New Vegas as well just preferred Three-Dog.   

20 minute hype.

I just hope the radio doesn't replay three times the same song like in New Vegas. And I hope the volume problems are gone, because Mr. New Vegas voice was supposed to be a bit mellow, not jumpscare loud.

Edited by Zytten13

My eyes still can't believe it. And some guys are saying the engine is still GameBryo.

Impossible :lol: 

It does look really good, some assumptions of the trailer is that your guy might talk in this game. And I have heard 3 different places of where its gonna be Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia. And I've seen some comments that say "does this mean travel between before and after the nuclear winter" Which I hope is not true because I like scavenging through the post-apocalyptic world.    

My eyes still can't believe it. And some guys are saying the engine is still GameBryo.

Impossible :lol:

It does look really good, some assumptions of the trailer is that your guy might talk in this game. And I have heard 3 different places of where its gonna be Chicago, Boston and Philadelphia. And I've seen some comments that say "does this mean travel between before and after the nuclear winter" Which I hope is not true because I like scavenging through the post-apocalyptic world.    

Maybe we'll experience flashbacks like in Fallout 3, I don't like that idea either.

I feel like they probably could have put out a better trailer than this after such a long time and such hype

The fact that this thread isn't exploding all over the place with posts makes me really upset.

I'm the only person I know (personally, at least) that managed to snag one of the Pip-Boy Editions of the game, and I'm so excited.  It was actually a backup pre-order I had set up on Amazon in case I didn't get one through work, but little did I know they'd sell out about an hour after I pre-ordered mine one Amazon.  So my carefulness is the reason I have a pre-order on one right now, and I couldn't be more happy with myself.

• Upvote 1

The fact that this thread isn't exploding all over the place with posts makes me really upset.

I'm the only person I know (personally, at least) that managed to snag one of the Pip-Boy Editions of the game, and I'm so excited.  It was actually a backup pre-order I had set up on Amazon in case I didn't get one through work, but little did I know they'd sell out about an hour after I pre-ordered mine one Amazon.  So my carefulness is the reason I have a pre-order on one right now, and I couldn't be more happy with myself.

The only place you can get a Pip-Boy edition in the UK is through Game Store and they all sold out within a couple of days, and I didn't have the money but now I do (just not in time). However they have said that they might get more more in stock because some people have ordered like 20 for 1 house hold so they are limiting how many copies per house hold. So I might still be able to get one. And hopefully my phone fits in the Pipboy. 

It's been a long time lol

No level cap. Yeah, I personally don't like that. If that means enemies will level up as we do, this'll end up turning into Skyrim pretty soon (which is not bad at all, but I didn't like Skyrim's RPG mechanics).

Also you can keep playing after finishing the game, which I consider nice UNLESS we can't see the effect of our choices after the "end".

Update on my last post I did manage to get a Pip-Boy edition on PC.

It's been a long time lol

No level cap. Yeah, I personally don't like that. If that means enemies will level up as we do, this'll end up turning into Skyrim pretty soon (which is not bad at all, but I didn't like Skyrim's RPG mechanics).

Also you can keep playing after finishing the game, which I consider nice UNLESS we can't see the effect of our choices after the "end".

I'm kinda glad that there is no level cap, because it means that you can practically experience most things in one playthrough and I kinda liked the Skyrim mechanics.

And it is also good that you can carry on the game after you have completed, because for some reason I get deterred after completing the main quest going back to the game.  

• Upvote 1

http://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/fallout-4-launch-and-beyond/2015/09/08/22

DLC news about Fallout 4. However they don't know what the DLC is.

"Since we’re still hard at work on the game, we don’t know what the actual DLC will be yet, but it will start coming early next year"

Which seems a bit suspicious, although Bethesda have created good DLC in the past, $30/£20 before they even know what they doing is in my opinion is suspicious.

On a better note modding is coming to consoles and "PC get a Early next year we’ll release for free the new Creation Kit for the PC. This is the same tool we use in the studio" Which could be fun

• Upvote 1

WELCOME TO THE JAM!!!!

So how is everyone enjoying Fallout 4. I thought this thread would be booming with secrets and spoils that they have gotten and sharing them. 

• Upvote 2

So, I think I was in Trinity tower not exactly sure but there was a teddy bear trapped in a upside down trash can like a jail cell. Some times when I find things like deviled eggs I drop them by the teddy bear so he doesn't get hungry. Last I counted there were 25 deviled eggs in there

So, I think I was in Trinity tower not exactly sure but there was a teddy bear trapped in a upside down trash can like a jail cell. Some times when I find things like deviled eggs I drop them by the teddy bear so he doesn't get hungry. Last I counted there were 25 deviled eggs in there

Whatever you do, don't let him out, he'll call Swan for help.

Whatever you do, don't let him out, he'll call Swan for help.

I have been in Trinity Tower but never seen this. Just to make sure Trinity Tower is the one with the Super Mutant Strong in it, right?