YkcXksg.png

They...They were still in stock...

I'm not surprised at all considering Splatoon is less popular than Sm4sh.

So, as I mentioned, I worked the amiibo pre-order launch for Wave 4.  While doing so, I was talking with a really nice girl about my age about amiibos I was missing.  I mentioned how I'm technically not supposed to buy amiibos from other retailers, so I was lacking the store exclusives and really wanted them.  She said she had bought a few of the Rosalina ones from the European Amazon site (I believe) and would be willing to sell me one for the price she paid.  Low-and-behold, she came in today towards the end of my shift and sold me one for eighteen bucks.  

It was the nicest thing someone did for me in a while, and I am extremely grateful people like her still exist in this world.

• Upvote 1

So, as I mentioned, I worked the amiibo pre-order launch for Wave 4.  While doing so, I was talking with a really nice girl about my age about amiibos I was missing.  I mentioned how I'm technically not supposed to buy amiibos from other retailers, so I was lacking the store exclusives and really wanted them.  She said she had bought a few of the Rosalina ones from the European Amazon site (I believe) and would be willing to sell me one for the price she paid.  Low-and-behold, she came in today towards the end of my shift and sold me one for eighteen bucks.  

It was the nicest thing someone did for me in a while, and I am extremely grateful people like her still exist in this world.

I hate you and everything you stand for

Give it to me

• Upvote 1

I hate you and everything you stand for

Give it to me

Hey, don't think you can get away so easily. I want that Pac-Man amiibo of yours.

James do me a favor and work at Target so you can give me a Jigglypuff amiibo k thanks

• Upvote 2

My uncle actually works at Target and I'm considering begging him to hold me a Jiggs.

In the chance that he doesn't I'm still going to be at Target watching as the Jiggocalypse goes down.

Well, haven't posted in a really long time but I had to check on here to see if the Amiibo craze ever hit the forums. Looks like it has. When I first pre ordered smash 4 wayyyyyyy back, the man asked if I wanted to preorder the wave 1 amiibo toys. I thought they looked pretty stupid and I never got into it, enjoying smash as I pleased. Then about 3 weeks ago I looked into it. I can't stop now...  I have 12 amiibos.

Smash Series                                 Super Mario Series

Diddy Kong                                      Mario(from the game bundle)                                                

Donkey Kong                                   Toad

Link

Samus

Mega man

Toon Link

Luigi

Yoshi

Sheik

Sonix

Edited by Jaredman89
  • Upvote 1

Uh oh!  :oops:

wBiggq9.jpg

(Peach is the same way; I imagine they're being phased out for the SMB series. If you're planning on getting them, you'd better get 'em while they're still common!)

• Upvote 2

I'm getting the feeling the Squid amiibo is going to be hard to find if the Splatoon 3-pack is the only way to get it going forward.

I also need to pick up the commons I'm missing (Mario, Yoshi, Kirby, and Zelda) before it becomes more difficult to do so.  I still haven't seen a SSB Yoshi in my store for quite a while, so I might have to look a bit harder for him, but I think we still have the other three in stock right now, so I should jump on that.

Nintendo says they're really impressed with the popularity of Amiibos, and they promise to restock as much as they can to meet the crazy amount of demend. However, they admit they can't restock every character.

"Right from the outset we hoped that Amiibo would be strong, but even our expectations have been smashed,”

“We hope to do a better job of satisfying these needs in the future with more stock, and, while there are always going to be some times when we can’t on certain characters, I suspect that is also part of the appeal."

IGN article here

This is the beacon of light we needed from Nintendo. It's too bad they can't restock everyone; I can understand the "appeal" in a collector's item, but there's certainly no "appeal" in dishing out $100 for a figurine I was supposed to be able to buy for $12.99. Now, Nintendo, make good on your word and flood the shelves with Villagers and Little Macs!

• Upvote 2

Nintendo says they're really impressed with the popularity of Amiibos, and they promise to restock as much as they can to meet the crazy amount of demend. However, they admit they can't restock every character.

"Right from the outset we hoped that Amiibo would be strong, but even our expectations have been smashed,”

>

“We hope to do a better job of satisfying these needs in the future with more stock, and, while there are always going to be some times when we can’t on certain characters, I suspect that is also part of the appeal."

IGN article here

This is the beacon of light we needed from Nintendo. It's too bad they can't restock everyone; I can understand the "appeal" in a collector's item, but there's certainly no "appeal" in dishing out $100 for a figurine I was supposed to be able to buy for $12.99. Now, Nintendo, make good on your word and flood the shelves with Villagers and Little Macs!

Imagine all those 100$ amiibos that could become common again, hoo boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1DzZ7oShl4

Hey, UK people, Olimar, Doc, and Baby Bowser are all up on the UK Nintendo shop.

Edit: They're out of stock... Hope you got one.

Edited by daikonboy101
  • Upvote 1

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/603154392641044480

So this doesn't specify which exact amiibos are compatible with Yoshi's Woolly World, but I think it's safe to assume that all of the current Smash Bros amiibos will be compatible with the game, according to this. That's pretty incredible, I was expecting maybe just the Mario Bros series but now we'll probably get to see Yoshi dressed up like Captain Falcon! Or Meta Knight! Or Pac Man!

That Mario pattern looks terrifying

But that also means that the Jigglypuff pattern Yarn Yoshi hype is real. YESSSSS

That Mario pattern looks terrifying

But that also means that the Jigglypuff pattern Yarn Yoshi hype is real. YESSSSS

Yoshi's Wooly World won't be compatible with Pokemon amiibo apparently...

You can always use a Kirby amiibo I guess?

Oh whoops, I forgot to watch the actual video that in that twitter post. Seems weird that you wouldn't be able to use Pokemon amiibo with it. I'm gonna need one of those adorable blue Yoshi amiibos tho

Also did they just drop the release date for Woolly World? June 26th?

Oh whoops, I forgot to watch the actual video that in that twitter post. Seems weird that you wouldn't be able to use Pokemon amiibo with it. I'm gonna need one of those adorable blue Yoshi amiibos tho

Also did they just drop the release date for Woolly World? June 26th?

June 26th for EU and June 25th for AUS

JP has a Summer release date and NA is all the way in the back with a Fall release date...