You know what this thread is for

Post pictures of your grand collection, discuss Amiibos you're going after, share those Amiibo hunting tips, hoot and holler about amiibo-related announcements, laugh at Brandon who almost bought 2 Marths, 2 Villagers and 2 WFTs at retail price but then cancelled his order, or brag about your recent trip to Walmart which resulted in you finding a Little Mac amiibo stuffed inside a homeless guy's knapsack. Or just discuss amiibos in general.

I'll start this off by sharing my collection:

GLqKsmW.jpg

's byootiful

Note that I also have Diddy Kong back at home and, as I mentioned in another thread, I have Sonic, Mega Man and Sheik on the way. So that's 5 I own so far, and I feel somewhat proud that I've managed to get at least a few uncommon ones for close to retail price. I'm not sure at this point how many I'm going to get, but I can say that I have no interest at all in the upcoming Super Mario Bros series of amiibos. Smash 4 lyfe bby

Now post those collections and be ready to brag. (For reals though keep it fairly humble and polite, the amiibo community is toxic enough)

I see no point in the super mario amiibos either, unless they're cross compatible and I can swipe a Super Mario Rosalina to use for smash, and sadly I can't use an picture since as I was grounded, I had most of them taken away, so it wouldn't be the full collection.

The first 2 I got were Fox and Samus, then Mario and Link, then a while later I got a Peach and Pikachu, for Christmas I got a Kirby, Yoshi, and Zelda, then a long while later I gained interest in them again and got a Bowser and ordered a Shulk, and then finally while at this remote electronic shop I found a Sheik, which along with Fox is my "rarest" one, they also had a Toon Link there that I should've gotten as well, but oh well.

Even though it sounds like I have a lot, atm, I only have Sheik and Bowser on me.

Also how do you guys train your amiibos? Feeding Equipment? Using Customs? Playing on normal stages? Items on? All of the above for me, casual amiibos 4 lyf.

I don't have that many amiibos because I've skipped out on most of them because I just don't feel like buying characters I don't like as much but more recently I've started to buy the more common ones so here's picture

3c1b7a43ffc46902d7cf6b0f91a22dae.png

If you can't see because potato camera I'll list them as I bought them

1. Samus

2. Pikachu

3. Mario

4. Luigi

5. Diddy Kong

6. Bowser

7. Yoshi

8, Kirby

9. Toon Link he's my favorite

Also the only Super Mario Amiibo I pre-ordered was Toad because... Toad. 

Edited by Ultanoka

I don't have that many amiibos because I've skipped out on most of them because I just don't feel like buying characters I don't like as much

I feel the same way so I've still only got the 3 I picked up at Christmas:

asd_zpszdmhwmze.png

(my Samus figure is tilted slightly to the left which makes her look drunk or something)

But I'm hoping to pick up Ike, Toon Link, MegaMan & Sonic when I have the spare cash. I don't really play Mega or Sonic, but I still want them because I like their figures.

Also, of the three above I only trained Samus in Smash. After I got her to max. level I just had her train up the other two...I don't recommend training amiibo that way though because Pika and Link kinda' suck as a result.  :|

Edited by Chris

The Amiibo I have:
>Kirby
>Fox
The Amiibo I want that haven't come out yet:
>Robin
>Lucina
>Pac-Man
The Amiibo I want but already have come out:
>Diddy
>Villager

I ain't postin' no pictures 'till I get all 'dem Amiibo Folk, Y'see?

~~~~~

Now for a little tip for Amiibo training I learned. Train them in a custom stage that's a box that has a 2 unit opening at the top, and make sure they can't spawn outside the box. Give them a 300% handicap while you play this stage as well, because it will teach them to chain hits and also teach them to dodge, giving them some form of way to space themselves properly between their enemy.

• Upvote 1

I don't have many amiibos yet but it's a WIP, that's simply a given.

I have Yoshi, Shulk and Pikachu. I'm getting Mega Man later today and currently trying to obtain Marth, Toon Link, Ness and Robin.

I want Dinky Dong's amiibo so I can teach him to do nothing but down throw up air.

• Upvote 1

I have the largest Amiibo collection out of everyone I know (so far).  Here's a couple pictures of my collection and a few figures I've been too lazy to open so far.

UBpeICs.jpg

tVJ0btn.jpg

I'm only missing Mario (easy to get, just too lazy to buy), Kirby (also easy), Zelda (same as last two), Yoshi (surprisingly harder to find, but still no big deal) and the other store exclusives (aka the ones I can't get at Gamestop).  Getting my hands on Meta Knight, Rosalina, Lucario, and now, Gold Mario, will be a pain in the butt.  I can't stand these store exclusives, since it takes the fun out of collecting them.

I also currently have a preorder for all of the Super Mario series figures (including Toad and the Mario Party 10 amiibo bundle), so I'm not too worried about getting my hands on those, but the ones I can't get through Gamestop are the ones that cause me the most trouble.  But oh well, I'm still happy with my collection so far.

• Upvote 1

For those looking for Toon Link, Sheik, Yoshi, or Donkey Kong:

Toys R Us has Toon Link, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong online. (Yoshi and DK are on sale for only $10.99, yowza!)

Walmart has Toon Link and Sheik for retail price online.

Note that for both of those sellers, you get free shipping for orders of $49+. Might be useful, but don't let that trick you into buying more than you need.

I have the largest Amiibo collection out of everyone I know (so far).  Here's a couple pictures of my collection and a few figures I've been too lazy to open so far.

UBpeICs.jpg

tVJ0btn.jpg

That is an incredible collection! It's great that you can just pick those up from where you work, that's really convenient. Good luck finding the exclusives; you might have to dish out the scalper's fee for those, but you've managed to get every other rare one for retail price and that's insanely good. Nice job!

• Upvote 1

UBpeICs.jpg

tVJ0btn.jpg

That is an incredible collection! It's great that you can just pick those up from where you work, that's really convenient. Good luck finding the exclusives; you might have to dish out the scalper's fee for those, but you've managed to get every other rare one for retail price and that's insanely good. Nice job!

Are some amiibo figures really difficult/expensive to get hold of in the US? There's a big retail store about 5 minutes from my house that has every amiibo released in stock, ranging in price from £10-12. Even during Christmas time their stock was replenished every week without delay.

Also Pocket I'm super-jelly of your collection.

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 1

This is all I really need. Not too huge into Amiibos.

27wzsrm.jpg

By the way, the only other Amiibo I have is a Kirby Amiibo, which I'm not even going to bother uploading because I don't think it's worth it.

Are some amiibo figures really difficult/expensive to get hold of in the US? There's a big retail store about 5 minutes from my house that has every amiibo released in stock, ranging in price from £10-12. Even during Christmas time their stock was replenished every week without delay.

Wow, that's pretty awesome. To answer your question, yes, most Amiibos (especially the more recent ones) are incredibly difficult to find in the US, so the fact that you have most of them available near you is pretty darn lucky. To give you a general idea of which ones are the most rare, here's a list:

Common (you can find these in any store):

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Link

Pikachu

Kirby (apparently not as common in UK)

Donkey Kong

Zelda

Bowser

Uncommon (decent chance at finding them in stores):

Samus

Yoshi

Diddy Kong

Toon Link

Sheik

Rare (not a good chance of finding in stores):

Fox

Sonic

Mega Man

Ike

Dedede

Very rare (little to no chance of finding in stores):

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Marth (restock in April)

Little Mac (CHECK BEST BUY THIS WEEK IF YOU LIVE IN THE US!)

Pit

Captain Falcon (CHECK BEST BUY THIS WEEK IF YOU LIVE IN THE US!)

Exclusives (only available in certain stores; for the most part, very rare)

Shulk (exclusive to Gamestop and EB Games) (restock soon, so I'm told)

Rosalina (exclusive to Target)

Meta Knight (exclusive to Best Buy and Future Shop) (restock by March 17, according to Reddit)

Lucario (exclusive to Toys R Us)

I would grab any rare or very rare ones you want because those are definitely hard to find.

Also, it's been indicated that Golden Mario will be pretty heavily stocked in-stores, so do not pay the outrageous price people are asking for it on eBay and amazon. Just wait.

Edited by GoldenGhost

I only own a weegee me-bow

My best friend bought it for me for Christmas

Amiibo is something I could get /super/ into but after my whole Disney Infinity fiasco (I own every single "season 1" figure and the Guardians of The Galaxy set from "season 2") I'm trying to limit myself. If I saw any of the uncommon ones at the store then I'd probably pick it up, a gold mario would be cool I suppose, and man oh man do I want a Pac-Man.

Oh yeah, I'm getting the Gold Mario amiibo as well from Club Nintendo. I'm not entirely sure when they're going to ship it but hey I can wait.

But will it support Smash / Mario Party 10?

Oh yeah, I'm getting the Gold Mario amiibo as well from Club Nintendo. I'm not entirely sure when they're going to ship it but hey I can wait.

...what? There hasn't been any indication that Gold Mario will be available through Club Nintendo. It's a Walmart exclusive.

Also, I'm pretty sure we know that the Super Mario Bros series of amiibo are capable of being used with the same games that the Smash Bros series amiibos are.

...what? There hasn't been any indication that Gold Mario will be available through Club Nintendo. It's a Walmart exclusive.

Oh, I haven't checked on it recently. Last time I heard about it was when the image was leaked and it was mentioning Club Nintendo, so I assumed that it would have been through that service as well.

...nevermind getting platinum status i guess i'll just sit here sobbing

Wow, that's pretty awesome. To answer your question, yes, most Amiibos (especially the more recent ones) are incredibly difficult to find in the US, so the fact that you have most of them available near you is pretty darn lucky. To give you a general idea of which ones are the most rare, here's a list:

Common (you can find these in any store):

Mario

Luigi

Peach

Link

Pikachu

Kirby (apparently not as common in UK)

Donkey Kong

Zelda

Bowser

Uncommon (decent chance at finding them in stores):

Samus

Yoshi

Diddy Kong

Toon Link

Sheik

Rare (not a good chance of finding in stores):

Fox

Sonic

Mega Man

Ike

Dedede

Very rare (little to no chance of finding in stores):

Villager

Wii Fit Trainer

Marth (restock in April)

Little Mac (CHECK BEST BUY THIS WEEK IF YOU LIVE IN THE US!)

Pit

Captain Falcon (CHECK BEST BUY THIS WEEK IF YOU LIVE IN THE US!)

Exclusives (only available in certain stores; for the most part, very rare)

Shulk (exclusive to Gamestop and EB Games) (restock soon, so I'm told)

Rosalina (exclusive to Target)

Meta Knight (exclusive to Best Buy and Future Shop) (restock by March 17, according to Reddit)

Lucario (exclusive to Toys R Us)

I would grab any rare or very rare ones you want because those are definitely hard to find.

Also, it's been indicated that Golden Mario will be pretty heavily stocked in-stores, so do not pay the outrageous price people are asking for it on eBay and amazon. Just wait.

Whoa, there are even store-exclusives? That's crazy. The store nearby has all the Smash figures available, including the exclusive ones. Even the ones that aren't in stock for delivery are available to collect in (some) stores.

I guess they're not as popular over here or something, which means Nintendo has no need to make people go to ridiculous lengths to collect them all. I should start selling them overseas for profit.

The only one I have or need is the Samus one. I named it SA-X.

Oh, I haven't checked on it recently. Last time I heard about it was when the image was leaked and it was mentioning Club Nintendo, so I assumed that it would have been through that service as well.

...nevermind getting platinum status i guess i'll just sit here sobbing

You can't trust any leaks after the Rayman leak. They will only cause you pain and suffering.

I have to get every Amiibo online because Nintendo reeeeaaally isn't popular here, so there's only around 5 different Amiibo's in stock at the one shop within, like, 10 miles. Plus, they're always the ones I don't want at all.

Anyway, I have 7/8 Amiibres: Yoshi, Wii Fit Trainer, Captain Falcon, Peach, Zelda, Kirby, Pikachu and Megaman should be coming tomorrow.

I'm constantly searching for a cheap Pac-man (because I'm not gonna pay more than £15 on these) and I'm super psyched for the Olimar (please have Pikmin... he'll have Pikmin, right?), Duck Hunt and Game & Watch ones, gotta keep on my toes for those.

Edit: got photo.

post-3243-0-74388200-1425485348_thumb.jpg

Edited by daikonboy101

Also, I'm pretty sure we know that the Super Mario Bros series of amiibo are capable of being used with the same games that the Smash Bros series amiibos are.

OjlC9vK.png

So today I braved the cold blizzard of Philly to go on an amiibo-hunting adventure.

tldr; it was a huge failure

I traveled for a few miles via subway train and then walked my way back, hitting several Best Buys, Toys R Us's, Gamestops, etc on the journey home. I was searching for an Ike, a King Dedede, a Captain Falcon, or anything of relatively high value, but alas the only semi-valuable amiibos I found were a bunch of Sonics, Mega Mans, and Sheiks at one of the Toys R Us, so I picked those 3 up plus a Samus so I could feel good about my journey. I had originally ordered those (Sonic, MM, Sheik) from someone on ebay for much higher than they're worth, but I sent a request to cancel my order. (I hope they allow it.) Worst comes to worst, I get a few extra amiibos that I can hold onto and either sell at a later date or give to some friends who want them. I feel better about picking those 3 up for retail price anyways, even though the difference was really only a few dollars.

So here's a picture of my current collection:

K9prQ8m.jpg

I don't plan on going on any more adventures anytime soon, so I'm just gonna have to hunt down the rest online for as close to retail price as possible. I almost snagged a Lucario for $24 the other day, which is great considering Lucario was an exclusive amiibo and those are usually worth about $40, but sadly someone else got it first. Some of these are just ridiculously hard to get even online, at least for a reasonable price...

Like the Ghost of Gold I also went on a journey for the Amiibo my journey however was a complete failure as every store nearby me had nothing but Marios, Pikachus, Zeldas and Diddys. But I did buy a Sheik I found so yeah. Tomorrow I might go and check a Target which I didn't really look at and go back to Gamestop to buy a Zelda or Peach just because. 

random edit: I've noticed that Link and DK have been kind of hard to find more me and I've been seeing alot less Zelda than I used to. 

Edited by Ultanoka

When I went to pick up my Shulk amiibo a few weeks ago, I noticed there were a couple Luigi amiibos sitting there, which I originally thought were considered uncommon. But I dunno at this point.

When I went to pick up my Shulk amiibo a few weeks ago, I noticed there were a couple Luigi amiibos sitting there, which I originally thought were considered uncommon. But I dunno at this point.

Luigi is seemingly common. Last time I went to my local Gamestop (which was about a month ago), I saw 2 whole rows of Luigi amiibos.