I can tell everyone here that you will NOT be finding Ike or Dedede anywhere in store.  If you do, you are a god or something.  Gamestop hasn't even fulfilled preorders yet, we only got about 1/3 to 1/2 of the amounts just for preorders, and won't be getting more until this summer or so.  We got another shipment of Sonic and Megaman today, so I can't attest to the rarity of them at this point.

I will say, though, anyone even mildly interested in the next wave of amiibos, don't be a dummy, preorder them.  ASAP.  I will be preordering mine as soon as they open up reserves because I know for a fact they'll be in high demand.  Especially characters like Ness and Lucina.  Do not assume you'll happen upon them in the store, even day one.

psWjyAG.jpg

I went to the retailer's page myself and checked; they have Greninja and Jigglypuff Amiibos listed as well. What do you guys think? I think it's weird to have an Amiibo series for Splatoon and only give it 2 Amiibos, but maybe there will be others. I have no doubt that Splatoon will be compatible with Amiibos.

It would be really cool for Splatoon to have Amiibo support I'm assuming Amiibos would maybe unlock new customization items or weapons and possibly single player levels.

Also Greninja Amiibo makes me happy, all I need announced now is a ZSS and a Game and Watch Amiibo. 

NtwH2Uq.png

Interesting...

EDIT:

DAMMIT that's what I get for not reading the posts in a thread before responding

Edited by Mr. Hatty

My Megaman arrived yesterday... At the wrong house.

For some reason, there are two streets with the same name and, like all of our packages and stuff goes to the wrong one, so that's fun.

EDIT: The kind people at the other house brought him over.

Edited by daikonboy101

Goodbye Golden Mario, you were in reach at one point but I'm not spending $1000 for a used one

Still pretty happy that I'm not into amiibo's. Trying to collect them seems like more $$$ and pain than its worth.

I'm not into them either. At this point, I only have Sonic and Kirby. I won't get anymore unless by some miracle, I wander into Pac Man, Shulk, or Captain Falcon.

Ness Amiibo is exclusive to Gamestop, pre-orders start tomorrow.

GO GO GO

Oh and other things I guess: Wave 4 is coming out on May 29 which includes Ness, Pac-man, Lucina, Robin, Wario, Charizard, Jigglypuff, and Greninja. which is the same day a Splatoon bundle which has 3 amiibos comes out. Wave 5 comes out in July which has only 2 characters Dark Pit and Palutena then Wave 6 which is coming out in September which has Olimar, Bowser Jr, Doctor Mario, ZSS, and Ganondorf.

Oh and I recommend AmiiboNews on Twitter, he does a lot of Amiibo updates if you want to know something instantly. 

Edited by Ultanoka

I called that Dr. Mario amiibo

It is mine now, and all shall bow to the President

Also will probably get Jigglypuff amiibo for teh lulz

On target.com

preordering my Jigglypuff amiibo

I can't believe it isnt sold out, I'm actually about to get an exclusive for retail price

I'm checking out

entering my credit card info

the hype is real

hit "submit order"

"sorry your cart is empty"

look back at Jigglypuff

can't preorder

out of stock

I hate life

EDIT: Yo I got me a PACMAN though, so that's good! That's reeeaal good. I'm happy again.

Edited by GoldenGhost

I went to GameStop, it was fun.

I only got the Splatoon bundle though since it was like 35 and I needed to save some money. For an exclusive Ness didn't seem too rare, mostly everybody at my Gamestop was pre-ordering Ness and yet he was still staying up while Lucina and Robin died within 20 minutes.

Also there was this mom who brought her children in just to buy a game without knowing about the Amiibo thing, I feel reaaally bad for her, she sat there for like 45 minutes until she finally left.

edit: finally bought a Sonic amiibo

Edited by Ultanoka

I went to GameStop, it was fun.

I only got the Splatoon bundle though since it was like 35 and I needed to save some money. For an exclusive Ness didn't seem too rare, mostly everybody at my Gamestop was pre-ordering Ness and yet he was still staying up while Lucina and Robin died within 20 minutes.

Also there was this mom who brought her children in just to buy a game without knowing about the Amiibo thing, I feel reaaally bad for her, she sat there for like 45 minutes until she finally left.

rip in pasta Lucina

I at least wanted a third Amiibo, come on life

Edited by I can't play Mother 3

Greninja was Toys R' Us exclusive and got sold out within the first 30 minutes of pre-orders opening....

glpnfigvzav1igfupuyd.gif

Who cares about Greninja, I need Pac-Man!

New%2BAmiibo%2Bsuits%2BMK8.png

I NEEEEEEDDDD IT!

Greninja was Toys R' Us exclusive and got sold out within the first 30 minutes of pre-orders opening....

Dude that's nothing, Lucina and Robin are consistently selling out within the first 5 minutes of pre-orders going up, regardless of the retailer. I was actually awake when Greninja went up at 3 AM (I was watching Death Note) and now I kinda hate myself for missing that. I hope Nintendo at least restocks wave 4 and finally learns their lesson for future waves, because this just cannot continue the way it's going.

• Upvote 2