I was cleaning my room today when my mom came in and threw a Toad amiibo at me.

I forgot that I pre-ordered it and apparently it was behind the GameStop counter and like tons of people wanted it soo yeah, I also picked up a Sonic amiibo yesterday because Sonic. He's supposed to be common but I got the last one in the whole city because the only amiibo my city has is Zelda.

I was cleaning my room today when my mom came in and threw a Toad amiibo at me.

I forgot that I pre-ordered it and apparently it was behind the GameStop counter and like tons of people wanted it soo yeah, I also picked up a Sonic amiibo yesterday because Sonic. He's supposed to be common but I got the last one in the whole city because the only amiibo my city has is Zelda.

Are you implying the Toad amiibos are worth something now

...the dawn is coming

How much am I going to be shelling out for Splatoon amiibos? I heard the pre orders sold out. I blame scalpers.

Already? Shoot. I was planning on getting that sweet bundle.

How much am I going to be shelling out for Splatoon amiibos? I heard the pre orders sold out. I blame scalpers.

Preorders havent gone up on amazon yet; rumors say they'll be up on the 17th. You'll be able to snag em for retail price if you get them there, but only if you're quick.

Preorders havent gone up on amazon yet; rumors say they'll be up on the 17th. You'll be able to snag em for retail price if you get them there, but only if you're quick.

Why do scalpers gotta ruin all the fun, I mean you had that one guy who bought like 3k worth of rosalina amiibos, that's just sad.

• Upvote 1

Scalpers make me really sad. They make it close to impossible for children that actually want to play with them and can't check Amazon every five seconds to get them/buy them online at all, just so that they can either keep it locked away in its box or sell it on eBay for £500 to somebody else who'll do the same thing.

Another thing that makes me really sad is that children CAN'T buy them, Nintendo only makes about 5 of each of them, only 2% of amiibos are actually opened and yet for every single new game from Nintendo, they advertise how great the amiibo support is gonna be.

• Upvote 1

Scalpers make me really sad. They make it close to impossible for children that actually want to play with them and can't check Amazon every five seconds to get them/buy them online at all, just so that they can either keep it locked away in its box or sell it on eBay for £500 to somebody else who'll do the same thing.

Another thing that makes me really sad is that children CAN'T buy them, Nintendo only makes about 5 of each of them, only 2% of amiibos are actually opened and yet for every single new game from Nintendo, they advertise how great the amiibo support is gonna be.

I hope something comes in and kills the value of amiibos, or makes them really common. That way everyone can get amiibos, and scalpers lose loads of money.

• Upvote 2

I hope something comes in and kills the value of amiibos, or makes them really common. That way everyone can get amiibos, and scalpers lose loads of money.

Or... Y'know, we could just kinda... Kill the scalpers?

• Upvote 3

Nintendo only makes about 5 of each of them, only 2% of amiibos are actually opened

I'd like to see a source on these statistics

Amiibo journal entry:

It's quarter to 2 in the morning, I was just checking to see if the Jiggles or Olimar amiibos were up for pre-orders yet on the Game website (basically our GameStop). They're not, so I close the tab. About a minute later my brother comes running down the hallway with his laptop in his hands. He was silently shouting "Eddie! Eddie! They're up!" I started screaming but not really because it's almost 2 AM and proceeded to go through to our PC go onto the Game website... 'GAME.co.uk is down for pre-scheduled maintenance'... I hear a cry from my brother before he told me what had happened; midway through his order the website stopped working.

Screw amiibos, I'm out.

UPDATE BABY-BOYS: I GOTS MASELF A JIGGS AND PALUPOOPOO!!!

Edited by daikonboy101

I worked the amiibo preorder launch on the 2nd last week, and I gotta tell you, it was awful.  It took almost an hour to process the first order, and simultaneously and hour and a half to process our second order (which was totally mine).  We did everything by order of arrival, and I was second in line, while working.  I managed to get every amiibo (Smash and Splatoon), plus an extra Ness amiibo for a good friend of mine that wasn't able to make the launch due to school.

Amiibo collecting is becoming an increasingly difficult market to be a part of, even for a guy that works at a place that sells the dang things.  That won't stop me from trying, though.  Although, missing so many store exclusives now does make me quite upset, I wish they'd stop with the store exclusive garbage, it just causes more problems.

My Amiibo:

Link

Luigi

Yoshi 

Donkey Kong

META KNIGHT!

Amiibo I want:

Pac-man

Diddy

Villager

I heard a rumor that DK and yoshi might become rarer soon. Any clarification?

My Amiibo:

Link

Luigi

Yoshi 

Donkey Kong

META KNIGHT!

Amiibo I want:

Pac-man

Diddy

Villager

I heard a rumor that DK and yoshi might become rarer soon. Any clarification?

I doubt that those two will be rare, it seems that the rare ones are from obsucre games (Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Captian Falcon), it could be the only chance these charaters have a chance at merch. But i'm no amiibo expert, just do what you think is best.

I ended up giving the Mario amiibo to my cousin, and the Diddy Kong amiibo I gave to ICPM3. So I have 6 amiibo, and currently I'm checking with Gamestop to see if any Sonic amiibos are in stock.

Good god you can't even understand how frustrated I am knowing I can't pre-order the Jigglypuff amiibo...

1emPqCB.jpg

Good god you can't even understand how frustrated I am knowing I can't pre-order the Jigglypuff amiibo...

Now you know how I feel about Pac-Man.

Why do scalpers gotta ruin all the fun, I mean you had that one guy who bought like 3k worth of rosalina amiibos, that's just sad.

I mean, he did the same thing for Lucina and Robin and plans to do the same for other amiibo like Palutena and ZSS. Personally, I see a trend.

(on a side note people got mad at him for scalping so they banned him from some forumbase and then he scalped Ness)

I mean, he did the same thing for Lucina and Robin and plans to do the same for other amiibo like Palutena and ZSS. Personally, I see a trend.

(on a side note people got mad at him for scalping so they banned him from some forumbase and then he scalped Ness)

It's very unfortunate that some people can't see past their own greed and have to ruin Amiibos for everyone, but ultimately they can't be stopped. The only thing you can do is to not buy from them. Make them regret spending $3000 on toys to try and make a profit on them. Do not support scalpers by buying from them, because that's just what they want and they'll continue to see it as a way to make a profit if people keep giving them money for it.

Just because you didn't preorder one, that doesn't mean you can't get it. You can always go to the store the day they come out and hope you can get one in person. That's what I'm going to have to do for Jigglypuff because I refuse to write a scalper's paycheck.

Oh I see the trend.

Edited by IndustrialKnight

So there was a leaked Toys R Us thing that said Greninja will be available for Pre-order on the 27th... But you have to go to the store... and there's only going to be 10-20 or so for each store... Not sure if this is true but if it is then GRENINJA! Hopefully this time there won't be as many problems with the website and the pre-orders can get finished quickly. then again this is amiibos we're talking about

uZwwOOJ.jpg

Also there will be Pac-man too but who cares when there's GRENINJA.

In another Amiibo news though, SILVER MARIO!

Basically some guy saw a listing for Silver Mario on some Chinese website and ended up buying for like 27 dollars.

This article has alot more information about it and a video with proof: http://myamiibonews.com/2015/04/the-curious-case-of-silver-mario/

Edited by Ultanoka

Just thought I'd update my collection:

IUEwwGX.jpg

It's a temporary setup, but those are all of the amiibo I have right now! All are new in box and NA versions (although I'm considering taking them out of their boxes at some point... I wanna use them but they look so cool in their boxes). I'm feeling pretty good about my collection, and I'm continuing to expand it as I have Pacman and Ness secured for Wave 4. I'm going to order a King Dedede amiibo ASAP and I'm waiting on restocks for Marth, Ike and Captain Falcon; I have no idea how I'm gonna get Villager, Pit, or Little Mac without submitting to the scalper menace. I do plan on collecting all of the Smash Bros series amiibos eventually, and I also wanna get the Splatoon amiibo set just because they actually look fun to open and use.

Edited by GoldenGhost
  • Upvote 2

Nice collection, Grant.  I'm jealous of your store exclusive amiibos that I seem to be having a crap time trying to find for a decent price haha.  I open all of mine (except the ones I'm still too lazy to open right now) as I do like to use them all.

I wish you the best of luck finding the Villager amiibo, though.  I'm still in shock that the one amiibo I preordered became the hardest one to find and currently the most valuable.

So thanks to based Walmart, I now have all of Wave 4 preordered aside from Greninja and Jigglypuff. The preorders went up at like 3 AM and I just so happened to check /r/amiibo and see a post about it before any of them went out of stock. Lucina and Robin were up for at least 30 minutes, which is a surprisingly long time compared to their availability with other retailers. I'm just ecstatic I was able to catch 'em. Now I can rest easy until wave 5.

So thanks to based Walmart, I now have all of Wave 4 preordered aside from Greninja and Jigglypuff. The preorders went up at like 3 AM and I just so happened to check /r/amiibo and see a post about it before any of them went out of stock. Lucina and Robin were up for at least 30 minutes, which is a surprisingly long time compared to their availability with other retailers. I'm just ecstatic I was able to catch 'em. Now I can rest easy until wave 5.

Lucina and Robin were up for an hour and a half or so at Gamestop.  Just throwing that out there.  It was a matter of people not being able to get them because of the system constantly crashing haha.