So because I wanted to get some dank Mii costumes in Mario Kart 8 and play 30-second snippets of Virtual Console games I already own, I opened my amiibos. Here's the full gang in their new display:

ARglbzm.jpg

I didn't get to go out to a Best Buy on Friday, so I missed Dark Pit... I'll get him later though, along with his not-Dark counterpart. Pretty happy with the collection so far though.

• Upvote 1

Well, I got Dark Pit and Palutena... and Robin.

I'm not sure how but my life time luck went into winning a Robin amiibo. It's the NA version so I'll maybe keep it in box since I don't use Robin in Smash and having a rare amiibo makes me feel good. I'd post pictures but in exchange for the amiibo my computer exploded and I don't know how to post pictures from Twitter onto here.

Like I said though, I also got Palutena and Dark Pit.

Palutena was decently easy to get since she was up on Amazon for about an hour.

Dark Pit was a fun experience.

My Best Buy didn't hand out tickets, had all the Dark Pits on the amiibo shelf, and didn't care about someone who arrived 5 minutes before opening and cut the line. Also most of the people that lined up were there for a computer sale, not amiibo.

Hopefully whatever happens on the 8th will be handled better.

Bad news guys

XN4GQQd.jpg

Looks like the only way to get ROB, G&W, or Duck Hunt is through a Retro pack bundle that includes all of them. I've also been hearing that it'll be a GameStop exclusive, which could mean incredibly low stock. May Sakurai have mercy on us all

• Upvote 2

tfw Wave 5 comes out on 9/11

Where were you... when they released Wave 5 of the Smash amiibo?

• Upvote 4

Bad news guysXN4GQQd.jpg

Looks like the only way to get ROB, G&W, or Duck Hunt is through a Retro pack bundle that includes all of them. I've also been hearing that it'll be a GameStop exclusive, which could mean incredibly low stock. May Sakurai have mercy on us all

I already have Olimar. Why does he come out so much later for you guys?

tfw Wave 5 comes out on 9/11

Where were you... when they released Wave 5 of the Smash amiibo?

i was home eating butter when sakurai ring phone

"wave 5 is out"

"no"

• Upvote 2

My ride ended up not wanting to wake up early enough to take me to the pre-opening thing Gamestop was going, so I went a couple hours later and surprisingly managed to snag the retro 3-pack.

She also tried to sell me on the Chibi-Robo 3DS amiibo pack and the 3DS NFC Reader. It was a funny exchange when she asked me if I wanted to put $5 down on the reader, because she thought that I actually used amiibo for any of their functions. Ha!

tfw I can't preorder the retro 3-pack because I'm moving within the next month, and I wouldn't have any way of picking up my amiibos at my current Gamestop when they're released. I just have to hope and pray that I can somehow get muh boi G&W when the retro pack actually comes out

tfw I can't preorder the retro 3-pack because I'm moving within the next month, and I wouldn't have any way of picking up my amiibos at my current Gamestop when they're released. I just have to hope and pray that I can somehow get muh boi G&W when the retro pack actually comes out

Word on the street is that originally, all three amiibo would be sold at all stores and the 3-pack itself would be Gamestop exclusive, but Nintendo and Gamestop have now seemingly struck a deal to where all three of those amiibo are ALSO Gamestop exclusive and that the 3-pack will be the only way to get them in America. This is all rumor, but it sounds pretty accurate to me, as Target has updated their listings for amiibo and shows no signs of ever getting these three.

This has seemingly made them get A LOT of stock though, my local Gamestop still hasn't sold out, and I've read some gamestops are getting upwards of 60 or 70 just for their location, every single store is getting at least 30. Maybe you'll get lucky and one of the stores will still have some? Seems to be perhaps the most well stocked amiibo pre-order we've seen thus far.

Hey UK people. Mewtwo is up for pre-orders at Game if anybody is interested.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/mewtwo-amiibo-super-smash-bros-collection-557562?pageSize=40&catGroupId=&categoryIdentifier=853102&pageNumber=2&sortBy=MOST_POPULAR_DESC

Speaking of Amiibos in the UK, it's really easy to buy them all now. Baby Bowser, Dr. Mario, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ness, Pac Man, Kirby and nearly all the others are still on Nintendo's online store here. A few of the rare ones are still out of stock, though, like WFT, Villager, Little Mac and Jiggs, but if you want them that bad I'm pretty sure they're still on Game for a few extra pounds.

Edited by daikonboy101

look_at_dat_shovel_knight_amiibo_tho__la

SO CLOSE TO SMASH, I CAN TASTE IT

New Shovel Knight amiibo has been announced, and I believe this is the first instance of a 3rd party official amiibo. Not skylanders. Actual amiibo.

Using this with Shovel Knight unlocks co-op multiplayer, challenge levels, customization options, and other things that have yet to be announced. Yacht Club also said they will be working with Nintendo to make the amiibo compatible with other Nintendo titles.

...there is still hope for Shovel Knight in smash

...oh my god

• Upvote 1

I don't usually pre-order/order amiibos at all, but for Shovel Knight I'm making an exception. Mainly because I loved Shovel Knight on WiiU and SK himself has great character design. Having to wait those extra months for the UK console release of the game was totally worth it, and I still go back and replay it every now and again.

I'm also getting the amiibo because it's an official Nintendo product of an indie game. That's craaazy.

Can I really not order it if I'm not in the UK? I've tried like 5 times to order it.

Edited by Isaac

Can I really not order it if I'm not in the UK? I've tried like 5 times to order it.

It's only available for pre-order on GAME right now, which only ships to the UK. 2bad4u

Personally I don't really care so much about the amiibo content they're adding to Shovel Knight, but I would buy the amiibo itself just as a collector's item if I wasn't totally broke right now. I do think it's really cool that Shovel Knight, a Kickstarter indie title, is among the first games to get an amiibo series. Makes me wonder what other games will get amiibos, like Guacamelee or Shantae or Cave Story or Yooka-Laylee.

(inb4 Mighty No. 9 amiibo)

(inb4 Mighty No. 9 amiibo)

I'd buy a Beck amiibo just to place it next to a MegaMan amiibo on my shelf. That would be sweet.  :-o

TFW the retro 3-pack is totally still available on Gamestop's site.  I can't imagine this ending in disaster in any way.

Uhhh... what disaster would we have to worry about? Seems like most retailers have caught on to the amiibo craze and are preparing humongous stocks. Rosalina just got a restock today too. I'm just ducky that I was actually able to preorder the retro 3-pack weeks after it was announced.

Also here's Dr. Mario preorders

• Upvote 1

Check out the amiibo list page. Inkling squid has a squid girl front image and box image. Also there isn't a "find a retailer" button for inkling squid anymore. Does this mean... The End Of The Squid Amiibo!!!