Sign in to follow this  
firebrewd

Castle Crashers for DSWare

Now that the DSi was announced, along with its own applications/games store, I thought about the idea of having Castle Crashers for the DS.

Think of the possibilities, the game could be really innovative using the two screens, moving the characters with the stylus, implementing the mic for cooperative play, and even implementing the cameras in some way.

You could even include some goodies like pictures and sounds, that could be distorted with the DSi softwares, or who knows what else.

What do you think? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who would buy it instantly from the DSi Store. It's just a no-brainer.

I suppose that for a 360 owner it's really simple to say, but open your mind. There are people out there that don't have the money nor the interest in acquiring a console — like me. Yeah, I'd definitely enjoy playing Castle Crashers, but then what? I know there should be further games that interest me, but then, I don't have that much time to play.

With that being said, I used to play a lot before, but nowadays I'm more like a casual gamer, you know. And this game would be nice for casual play, because as I see it's a really deep game, but can be enjoyed without being devoted to it, dedicating infinite hours a day to finally appreciate it.

Anyway, I would like to see what The Behemoth developers think.

Oh, and almost forgot, the DSi doesn't come to US 'well into 2009', so the game would have some time in development.

Nope, go shake a can for a month and get an Xbox 360, CC wont go handheld, especially at the state it is in now (TU+glitchpatches+DLC) so dream on, ya dreamer.

People can dream, can they...

But seeing Alien Hominid on GBA, there could STILL be a chance.

Just a little chance.

Although I'd love to see it, I have my doubts.

This isn't the first time someone has mentioned it, but it's still a cool idea.

I would be surprised to see any port of CC. The Behemoth is a very small company and a port would take a long time. In my eyes I don't think it would be worth it in the long run.

Well, I also have my doubts it could happen, but I have hopes it'll someday, even if I'm just dreaming.

I'm a Newgrounds user, so I can relate to Castle Crashers development, since it started, and even played, and loved, Dad and Me (as far as I know, CC was an idea after Dad and Me, developed by Dan Paladin and Tom Fulp. http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/254456 , for those of you who haven't played it). So it was a letdown knowing it'd be 360-only.

Yeah, I know they're a very small company, but if we saw Alien Hominid for GBA, we could see CC for DSi specifically, because, I suppose, it'd cost less money and development for the DSiWare. Plus, with the new features, it'd be really interesting to see how they implement them.

CC goes Wii, that would be epic!!!!!! OMG you acually jump for a magic jump!!!!

But then how would you jump normally?

YOUR LOGIC IS FLAWED! :lol:

Personally though if it were ported to the DS, I don't think I'd be too comfortable using the stylus for any kind of combat. I'd rather use the D-pad and buttons; maybe incorporate the touch-screen with some minigames or the map at least... or maybe specially crafted boss encounters. e.g. use the stylus to aim the cannon firing at the runaway carriage.

Touchscreen would be implemented to switch between your items, top screen is for actual gameplay. It might work like that, but the touch screen might seem cluttered if they don't organize it right.

Also, this has been discussed before, just that the last person who discussed this wanted it on the DS so he could get an illegal download of it for free. After that, I'm pretty sure TB is going to shy from the DS, at least for now.

Touchscreen would be implemented to switch between your items, top screen is for actual gameplay. It might work like that, but the touch screen might seem cluttered if they don't organize it right.

Also, this has been discussed before, just that the last person who discussed this wanted it on the DS so he could get an illegal download of it for free. After that, I'm pretty sure TB is going to shy from the DS, at least for now.

That seems pretty interesting, and would work well, I suppose.

An illegal download? I assume I'm not up to those ways of pirating. Anyway, was it discussed for the DSiWare? I think that's the strongest point here, as it'd make everything easier, and give The Behemoth an edge, as it's actually just in development.

I suppose that for a 360 owner it's really simple to say, but open your mind. There are people out there that don't have the money nor the interest in acquiring a console — like me. Yeah, I'd definitely enjoy playing Castle Crashers, but then what? I know there should be further games that interest me, but then, I don't have that much time to play.

With that being said, I used to play a lot before, but nowadays I'm more like a casual gamer, you know. And this game would be nice for casual play, because as I see it's a really deep game, but can be enjoyed without being devoted to it, dedicating infinite hours a day to finally appreciate it.

Oh, and almost forgot, the DSi doesn't come to US 'well into 2009', so the game would have some time in development.

Get a job for the money?

Get a job for the money?

Well, more specifically, I don't have the money to invest on videogames, because I have other priorities. Investing in a handheld device isn't as expensive as investing in a home console, both money and time wise.

I acknowledge the 360 could be a really good product to have for home entertainment, of course, but I'm almost always on the go, anyway.

To magic jump u hold down R or the back button or whatever it is for all magic u hold that button down

umm... the DSi is nxt year so theres plenty of time for the patch

Yeah, that's a plus for them. There's time for the patch, so there's no need to hurry up with the DSi version, if they plan to do it.

This would be epic! I think it would be pretty cool to have it on the psp, too. It'd give me a reason to save up and buy one. And also, psp castle crashers package with a behemoth styled psp would be the coolest thing. :)

Castle Crashers for the DS, eh? Sounds interesting, myself, I have a red and black DS Lite. Bottom touch screen for cycling through items, and displaying your current weapon and pet, and what stats they are giving you. To be honest, I hate going to the BS, to see what weapon is better. Well, it's only a matter of money, and time.