Sign in to follow this  
Erin_Behemoth

[7-3-2015] Arena Feature: Just Make Sure To Shout Timber!

Arena Feature: Forest Arena by Echoplex

BattleBlock Theater is beginning to look a lot like a what I imagine an "echoplex" to be: a big ole building with echoes that go on and on. See, this is the 4th time Furbottom has taken a shine on one of echoplex's creations. How does he do it? Well, part of the charm of this week's playlist is that the levels are nice and open. Also, fun fact: Furbottom loves trees.

That sense of openness is partially thanks to the way hazards have been placed in these arenas. They're never placed right where players are likely to just stumble into them on their own, and while that might sound pointless, this is actually a great way to empower each team. And hey, when you're designing a level, why do all the murderous dirty work yourself when the players can do it for you? You'll be happy they used your level cleverly, and they'll be happy the guy on the other team got whacked. Everybody wins! I mean, except for the dead guy(s), of course.

Also, just take a look at how nice everything looks when there aren't lasers firing everywhere. These are some woods I wouldn't mind camping in!

...they should probably notify campers about the spikes though.

2015-07-02_00001.jpg2015-07-02_00004.jpg2015-07-02_00011.jpg

Some of us like to celebrate the upcoming weekend with a few fireworks, but even if you don't, I think we can all enjoy adding something explosively exciting to our lives...

FeaturePost_BOOM.jpg

Hm. Maybe this wasn't a good idea. I mean, look at him: he put his whole head in a bomb. Yeesh. Play safe kids!

[Featured Playlist 3 July 2015]

It's Friday! That means we get to re-feature another awesome community playlist in BattleBlock Theater! This week we've updated the Arena Feature so you get to try out this playlist again.

FeaturePost_Furbottom175.jpg
You can also unlock Purrham Furbottom while you're in an online area of the game! Happy playing!

FeaturePost_BOBBINS.jpg

Load up BattleBlock Theater and head to an online area of the game to unlock Mr. Bobbins this weekend! We've also updated the Arena Feature with this playlist!