street-fighter-v-logo.png

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for Street Fighter V yet. Lets talk about it! What kind of characters are you hoping to see? Any characters you already want to main just from seeing videos of them?

Personally I'm really hoping to see Juri, Twelve, and Adon back. 

I'm not really thrilled to see Juri in SFV, but personally I'd love to see Ibuki and Shaun come back. Shaun hasn't been in a SF game since 3rd Strike, and I think by now he needs a return.

The only thing I asked from Capcom was to get Cammy (muh waifu) into the game. So far i'm pleased. I also want Blanka back (which is pretty obvious), and maybe C. Viper or El Fuerte for some high cholesterol quesadilla bomb action.

It'd be nice to see Juri back since she's the closest thing I had to a main in USF4, but I really won't care one way or another, there's a good chance it'll be a day-one purchase for me

unless they bring back Poison

oh man they better not

I hate Poison so much

Absolutely terrible personality

Really though, just an obnoxious brat of a character

Like put some clothes on, you swine

How did she even make it in USF4

Who even enjoys playing as her

Ugh

Y'know I actually kinda like Poison

• Upvote 1

The only thing I asked from Capcom was to get Cammy (muh waifu) into the game. So far i'm pleased. I also want Blanka back (which is pretty obvious), and maybe C. Viper or El Fuerte for some high cholesterol quesadilla bomb action.

I really dislike El Fuerte, if only for the fact that he replaced the obviously superior R. Mikah.

Blanka, eh, not entirely sure if he's coming back or not. As for C. Viper I could care less but there's better options than her imo.

I really dislike El Fuerte, if only for the fact that he replaced the obviously superior R. Mikah.

Blanka, eh, not entirely sure if he's coming back or not. As for C. Viper I could care less but there's better options than her imo.

Welp, since I never played SFIII (and never played with R. Mika for that reason) El Fuerte felt pretty unique to me (moveset-wise). About C. Viper, the same thing; her moveset was fun.

Oh, and also I forgot to mention Abel, just for the sake of knowing his mysterious past.

Oh, and also I forgot to mention Abel, just for the sake of knowing his mysterious past.

Doesn't everybody know his past? He was, like, the 4th person on Earth. He was also a shepherd and he was killed by his brother Cain.

Umm, I don't really care too much about Street Fighter. I've only played 2 and 4 and 2 and another 4, but they all felt really slow and I didn't really like the art style in 4. That being said, E. Honda would be nice.

Edited by daikonboy101
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't everybody know his past? He was, like, the 4th person on Earth. He was also a shepherd and he was killed by his brother Cain.

biblical street fighter

Still not a huge SF fan, but I'm digging SFV's style already.

Also, Ken totally stole his new look from DIO...

original.jpg?w=600&h

Edited by Chris
  • Upvote 3

Well a bit of Street Fighter V news came out recently. First off a new character reveal! The character's name is Necalli, and he seems to be some sort of super sayin tribal man. Another jungle boy like Blanka, a lot of people seem to be guessing that he is an Aztec, which I think would be a pretty cool touch. Maybe his super sayin form is him getting in touch with the Aztec gods or something like that. Also, Necalli's moveset (from what we can see so far) really interests me. Got a nice command grab and lots of options to get close to his opponent. My only problem with him is I'm really not a fan of the braids.

Secondly, Capcom has announced that Street Fighter V will be the first game in the franchise to allow people to unlock all post-launch characters for free. You will have some sort of in game currency and be able to build it up to eventually buy the new character if you play enough to earn it, which is a really nice touch for people who play a lot of Street Fighter. All balancing updates will of course be free, and the original disc is the only disc you will ever need to buy. Nice touch Capcom!

• Upvote 2

Okay, so I guess it's been a while, but since Necalli has been revealed, two new fighters have been announced. One is Vega, who seems to play a little differently than usual, and the second is...

...everyone's favorite Alpha 3 character ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbDSvRMc9rQ

I'm so hyped to crush people with the power of butts

You totally called it lol

• Upvote 1

Still not a huge SF fan

Hey whoa did I really say that last year? SHUT UP PAST ME YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

In all seriousness though I'm really glad I gave SF (as a series) another good go. About a month and a bit ago I started playing SFIV Vanilla again as Ryu (for the first time, until then I'd only played Ibuki & Guy) and the game finally just clicked for me. Them fundamentals, yo.

And then the other day I finally bought SFV and I love it. I was hesitant to get the game at first, because there's not many good singleplayer modes and unlocking character colours is tough and I don't have a PS4 arcade stick to use, but I think the gameplay is solid enough to recommend despite all that. It probably helped that I got the game for half price, though, and that I play online fairly regularly also.

Can't wait for the rest of the game to finally release...and the subsequent 30+ characters...and modes...and versions...all as paid DLC.

• Upvote 1

Still not a huge SF fan

Hey whoa did I really say that last year? SHUT UP PAST ME YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING.

In all seriousness though I'm really glad I gave SF (as a series) another good go. About a month and a bit ago I started playing SFIV Vanilla again as Ryu (for the first time, until then I'd only played Ibuki & Guy) and the game finally just clicked for me. Them fundamentals, yo.

And then the other day I finally bought SFV and I love it. I was hesitant to get the game at first, because there's not many good singleplayer modes and unlocking character colours is tough and I don't have a PS4 arcade stick to use, but I think the gameplay is solid enough to recommend despite all that. It probably helped that I got the game for half price, though, and that I play online fairly regularly also.

Can't wait for the rest of the game to finally release...and the subsequent 30+ characters...and modes...and versions...all as paid DLC.

I can't wait for super street fighter V for the xbox one!

• Upvote 1

Is this game any good? I've heard a lot of people complaining about it, but I don't know if that's because of the usual disappointment that comes with Capcom games or if it's actually a bad game. 

• Upvote 1

Is this game any good? I've heard a lot of people complaining about it, but I don't know if that's because of the usual disappointment that comes with Capcom games or if it's actually a bad game. 

If you really enjoy playing fighting games with other people/players, then yes (maybe...the full price is a bit too high for just a couple of decent modes). The SF gameplay has never felt as satisfying as in V. If you really enjoy fighting games for the story/survival mode/arcade mode/gallery collecting/challenge mode, then no, you won't find much to enjoy in SFV yet.

• Upvote 1

PSA for everyone who owns SFV: when the store finally lands in game later today, you can login and buy Chun Li & Ryu's story mode outfits for free (80K Fight Money value). TODAY ONLY.

Also until the Zenny microtransactions are fixed and implemented, all DLC characters will be playable on an 'indefinite trial' basis. Basically, until microtransactions are in, you can play as any DLC character that releases before then.