U-Knighted

Castle Crashers - What We Want To See

(Sorry to Cat Guard for kind of copying his idea, but I really wanted to make this.)

Castle Crashers remastered is coming to Xbox one and eventually steam, and I'm not that hyped about it.

There isn't many new things. So here's the place you can add in some suggestions to maybe ask for. But, I doubt any of this will get read, so take note of that.

A few suggestions to get the ball rolling: A stable trading system, a horse racing mini game, and giving the fencer bombs.

• Upvote 1

Well, guessing it is coming this summer, and summer is almost halfway over, I don't really think that there would be much time for our ideas to come in... but I suppose there are chances. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a cupcake character, being that the original had Hatty, and the Steam version of BBT has a cupcake, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Upvote 1

New sprites and and a new mini game is not enough to make me excited.

It seems like they should utilize the amount of space allowed on PC Master Race, and Xbone. A lot of characters were dropped for lack of space, and seeing as how the new systems have more space, Behemoth should use this to their advantage. If they still have the work they did on the deleted characters (http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/Deleted_Characters ) I would love to see them in game.

• Upvote 1

I just hope that they update the Steam version with the new Graphics and mini game at some point.

For some reason I feel like they won't do this unless if it's seperate DLC or a different game altogether.

I just hope that they update the Steam version with the new Graphics and mini game at some point.

For some reason I feel like they won't do this unless if it's seperate DLC or a different game altogether.

I think it would be kind of cheap to make people pay for better graphics...

Edited by Cat Guard

How about better graphics, 60 FPS, a new minigame, and most likely rebuilding a majority of the code so everything works correctly?

I mean it'd be great if Steam owners got it for free, but this most likely isn't happening.

I want to, so badly, see 2 things change in this game. (these are more-so something for a patch, but honestly, I don't see them making one...)

1-Make over-kill give you XP.

---Strength, with the game's current balance, is a stat you want to have very little of, since XP is based on hits, rather than kills.  If you enabled this, it might get a little grindy, sure, but there's plenty of ways to do that already... (This change, or additional XP for strength-based characters' melee hit would be nice)

2-BUFF THE RED KNIGHT

---Red Knight is so bad, it upsets me.  With all the other main knights being around SS to A+ tier, it makes me sad that the 4th hero, one you NEED to play as if you have 4 players and no unlocks, is SO much worse than the others.  To fix this issue, I would do three things:

-1 - Buff his magic regen.  It's slow.  Way too slow.

-2 - Buff his ability to hold enemies in place.  He can already to this to normal enemies, but he can't hold much else.  Not even beefy characters...

-3 - Upgrade his Elemental Combo.  It's worse than Gray Knights.  Objectively.  That's super sad, considering Gray Knight can't use magic.

Castle Crashers is an AMAZING game, and i these two balance changes were made, I would seriously consider the game perfect.  I'm not giving this game any harsh treatment, as I highly doubt they overlooked anything major when they made a system that garnered this meta-game and the fact that it's co-op, so balance isn't that important (Arena's a different story), I just want the way some players play (like using Red Knight, or having points in strength) to be on par with someone that, say, chooses another knight with all magic and agility :P

(A compiled version of character tiers I'm referencing can be found here: http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Tiers -- It's based on efficient strategy and objective advantage some characters hold over others, and while it's not everything (not by a LOOOOONG shot), it certainly holds some truth)

2-BUFF THE RED KNIGHT

---Red Knight is so bad, it upsets me.  With all the other main knights being around SS to A+ tier, it makes me sad that the 4th hero, one you NEED to play as if you have 4 players and no unlocks, is SO much worse than the others.  To fix this issue, I would do three things:

-2 - Buff his ability to hold enemies in place.  He can already to this to normal enemies, but he can't hold much else.  Not even beefy characters...

The Red Knight is probably the strongest of the knights, and is one of the strongest characters. His magic regen is slow because you can drain an enemy's health in seconds, so making him able to do it more would not be fair. No characters can keep beefies in place, so don't think he is the only one. So in conclusion, he does not need to be any stronger.

I want to, so badly, see 2 things change in this game. (these are more-so something for a patch, but honestly, I don't see them making one...)

---Strength, with the game's current balance, is a stat you want to have very little of, since XP is based on hits, rather than kills.  If you enabled this, it might get a little grindy, sure, but there's plenty of ways to do that already... (This change, or additional XP for strength-based characters' melee hit would be nice)

2-BUFF THE RED KNIGHT

-3 - Upgrade his Elemental Combo.  It's worse than Gray Knights.  Objectively.  That's super sad, considering Gray Knight can't use magic.

Castle Crashers is an AMAZING game, and i these two balance changes were made, I would seriously consider the game perfect.  I'm not giving this game any harsh treatment, as I highly doubt they overlooked anything major when they made a system that garnered this meta-game and the fact that it's co-op, so balance isn't that important (Arena's a different story), I just want the way some players play (like using Red Knight, or having points in strength) to be on par with someone that, say, chooses another knight with all magic and agility :P

(A compiled version of character tiers I'm referencing can be found here: http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Tiers -- It's based on efficient strategy and objective advantage some characters hold over others, and while it's not everything (not by a LOOOOONG shot), it certainly holds some truth)

Castle crashers wiki is a joke run by 10 year olds.  Don't believe anything the tier list says.  I started the lie that the ninja had faster melee speed 3 years ago, to give one example of why it's BS.  The red knight is easily top tier.  Aside from the iceskimo, this is pretty accurate here ---> http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/3542-fenixs-unofficial-character-tier-list-v21/

I do agree with you on the strength exp issue though.  On every character strength is the last this I upgrade.

• Upvote 1

A few things I'd like to see:

1. Every Character that is found in CC is playable, with the exception of "Beefy" characters like the Cyclops.
  2. An extended storyline, surely there wasn't peace in the world after that. The world is a big place.
  3. Adding onto #2, maybe some levels that runs through the Battle Block theater.
  4. New weapons
  5. New status effects, like confusion where an enemy will temporarily attack his teammates.
  6. More achievements
  7. Add diversity in character abilities, each character should have a different attracting factor to play as, instead of having a reskinned Grey Knight.
  8. Improve online connections, no matter what connection i'm on or who i play with i experience connection issues at one point.
  9. Castle Crashers Mobile game and/or companion app

It's a common trend.

Make a great game and then have them pay for graphics and 1 or 2 new features, I could link a couple games that do that, games that I've been following for a couple years at that too. (Still bought them, because it's a good game :P)

• Upvote 1

Castle crashers wiki is a joke run by 10 year olds.  Don't believe anything the tier list says.  I started the lie that the ninja had faster melee speed 3 years ago, to give one example of why it's BS.  The red knight is easily top tier.  Aside from the iceskimo, this is pretty accurate here ---> http://forums.thebehemoth.com/index.php?/topic/3542-fenixs-unofficial-character-tier-list-v21/

2-BUFF THE RED KNIGHT

I do agree with you on the strength exp issue though.  On every character strength is the last this I upgrade.

Castle crashers wiki is not bad. It's better then it was, when I told them about them being known as untrustworthy they claimed that that opinion is outdated and it's better then it was. It's not perfect, but it's not completely untrustworthy.

I'm assuming that you know that I'm talking about the wikia.  Being outdated is completely different than being flat out opinion based and wrong.   They all choose whatever they want to be fact.  

Before the two jokes that run it showed up it was amazing, everything was right and they used good rankings.  Anybody would be dumb to use it as a resource.  http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Tiers  This is what they preach and live by.  In no scenario, no matter what the circumstance, strategy or objective advantage are these even close to right. For example, they use rumors that I started years ago [Ninja attack speed and Fencer having a cheaper splash] as excuses to put them at the top of the list.  Almost every character is like this.  Red Knight is placed near the bottom?  That's the final nail in the coffin.  Ever since the game came out, people have been complaining about him being OP, then all of a sudden Tweedledee & Tweedledum decide 'Hey, let's say Red Knight is terrible.'  Their grading system is horrible, the actual advantages and disadvantages are wrong, they spend more time thinking of fanfics and DLCs then they do trying to fix their website... I have no idea how or why you are trying to defend them U-Knighted.

If you are talking about castlewiki.castlecrashers.com [Castlepedia] and not castlewiki [Wikia], then this is a big misunderstanding because I know that they have good information, and used them when I was first learning about the game.

Now back on topic,  I would still love to see the Troll and Pierre the Industrial Prince be playable.  I would love some mode harder than Insane that uses all 31 [Hopefully 33 :)  ] Character switching from level to level all for one final bragging rights shown bright as day that you completed it.  Meh, I could hope for that as DLC 

Edited by Hazard

How about better graphics, 60 FPS, a new minigame, and most likely rebuilding a majority of the code so everything works correctly?

I mean it'd be great if Steam owners got it for free, but this most likely isn't happening.

You never know. The Skullgirls devs did something similar with Encore and 2nd Encore as a free update to Steam users.

Now back on topic,  I would still love to see the Troll and Pierre the Industrial Prince be playable.  I would love some mode harder than Insane that uses all 31 [Hopefully 33 :)  ] Character switching from level to level all for one final bragging rights shown bright as day that you completed it.  Meh, I could hope for that as DLC 

How about a mode where every time you die as a character, it switches to the next essentially giving you 31 (or 33) lives to beat the entirety of the game. No health potions, and the only thing that can save you is leveling up your characters and fruit.

That would be really cool, especially if there were incentives like weapons (untradable) and pets at different points in the mode.  That would make the character variety increase by a lot because what most people really want to get is all the weapons and pets.

I'm assuming that you know that I'm talking about the wikia.  Being outdated is completely different than being flat out opinion based and wrong.   They all choose whatever they want to be fact.  

Before the two jokes that run it showed up it was amazing, everything was right and they used good rankings.  Anybody would be dumb to use it as a resource.  http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Tiers  This is what they preach and live by.  In no scenario, no matter what the circumstance, strategy or objective advantage are these even close to right. For example, they use rumors that I started years ago [Ninja attack speed and Fencer having a cheaper splash] as excuses to put them at the top of the list.  Almost every character is like this.  Red Knight is placed near the bottom?  That's the final nail in the coffin.  Ever since the game came out, people have been complaining about him being OP, then all of a sudden Tweedledee & Tweedledum decide 'Hey, let's say Red Knight is terrible.'  Their grading system is horrible, the actual advantages and disadvantages are wrong, they spend more time thinking of fanfics and DLCs then they do trying to fix their website... I have no idea how or why you are trying to defend them U-Knighted.

If you are talking about castlewiki.castlecrashers.com [Castlepedia] and not castlewiki [Wikia], then this is a big misunderstanding because I know that they have good information, and used them when I was first learning about the game.

Castlecrashers.wikia.com. I'm not saying that they are right and holy or anything, but I'm saying that they are not as completely wrong as you think. The red knight is not completely terrible, that is something I disagree with. But really we should just stop talking about and if you don't like what they're saying, you should probably just go ahead and tell it to them yourself. Heck who knows, they might change.

EDIT: I'm going to go back on topic too: I want a yellow knight! :D

Edited by U-Knighted

I would like to see the Troll be playable, it is one of the most demanded characters, and I think it would be a good fit, with it starting with the leafy stick, with a splash magic sort of like the Skeleton's, but a different color, and maybe the acorn magic like the Brute. I think it would be weird to add Pierre, since they already added the other two characters from the Industrial Castle (The Industrial Knight and Fencer). I would like to see a Pit People related character in the remaster, since they added Hatty on the original CC, so I would not be surprised if they added a Pit People character.

• Upvote 1

I would like to see the Troll be playable, it is one of the most demanded characters, and I think it would be a good fit, with it starting with the leafy stick, with a splash magic sort of like the Skeleton's, but a different color, and maybe the acorn magic like the Brute. I think it would be weird to add Pierre, since they already added the other two characters from the Industrial Castle (The Industrial Knight and Fencer). I would like to see a Pit People related character in the remaster, since they added Hatty on the original CC, so I would not be surprised if they added a Pit People character.

Horatio! Oh wait, on second thought don't, as we might just see an awful character like Hatty again.

Horatio! Oh wait, on second thought don't, as we might just see an awful character like Hatty again.

I bet the Gluten the Cupcake wouldn't look too bad in CC. Don't get me wrong, Hatty is a unique character, and it was a cool idea to add a character nobody knew about, I think they did that so people would buy BBT, so I bet they probably would want people to buy Pit People

I bet the Gluten the Cupcake wouldn't look too bad in CC. Don't get me wrong, Hatty is a unique character, and it was a cool idea to add a character nobody knew about, I think they did that so people would buy BBT, so I bet they probably would want people to buy Pit People

Speaking of other games, Do we know why Alien Hominid wasn't ported over to PC?

Speaking of other games, Do we know why Alien Hominid wasn't ported over to PC?

I would buy the heck out of a PC port. But, it's like 12 years old or something. They'd need some sort of gimmick to get some new people to buy it and I don't think they would add anything, as again, it's 12 years old.