MuffinMcSwag

The Unofficial Dota 2 August 2015 Tournament!

Hello everybody! I'm assuming that when you stumbled upon this thread you were expecting a tournament, due to the name? Well, here it is!

HKKPciU.png

I have decided to host the Unofficial Dota 2 August Tournaments! Basically what I'm planning to do is on the first Saturday of every August, we will have a Dota 2 Tournament. Prizes will be simple, yet satisfying.

I'm going to lay out the basic rules:

- It will be just like playing a random round of Dota.

- However, you may not ghost. (Getting a friend to spectate while you play, and there fore knowing what the enemy is doing. Your friends can still spectate though!)

- Teams will be randomized through a drawing of a hat.

- You will join a team and we will have 2 teams. The teams will face off, depending on how many people we have. If we have 10 people, 2 teams. If we have 20 people, 4 teams.

- Everybody only gets one John, use it wisely.

That's the basics. Now for more on the event itself:

- The event will be hosted on the first Saturday of August, the 1st.

- The event will start at 12:30 A.M. PST.

- There will be a stream hosted via the channel "TheLegitKiwiOfTheFishies" on twitch.

- The prizes will be a "badge" that you can put in your signature. When people ask you what it is, you can say that you rekt The Behemoth Forums in Dota 2.

Now I have to post the most complicated stuff, so EVERYBODY NEEDS TO READ THIS:

To join the tournament, you need:

A steam account.

A copy of Dota 2 Reborn.

A forum account.

Also, you need to join before the 1st of August.

When you join, I will give you the name of the team you need to join. On the 1st, the teams will then compete against each other. The match will probably take around a hour, so only sign up if you have that time on your hands. I'm expecting to only have 10 people join, so I'm going to say first come first serve.

THE MAX AMOUNT OF PLAYERS WILL BE 20. THAT WAY, THERE WILL ONLY BE 3 MATCHES AT MOST. FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE.

That should be the basics.

Edited by MuffinMcSwag
  • Upvote 1

I must say it's really cool to see someone hosting a tournament for a game other than Smash Bros (not that Smash Bros isn't cool, but some variety is very much welcomed). Unfortunately I'm not really into Dota, so I can't guarantee I'll sign up for this, but I wish you luck with your tournament!

I must say it's really cool to see someone hosting a tournament for a game other than Smash Bros (not that Smash Bros isn't cool, but some variety is very much welcomed). Unfortunately I'm not really into Dota, so I can't guarantee I'll sign up for this, but I wish you luck with your tournament!

Thanks! 

I'm honestly very down for this! However I dont honestly think the community is active enough to gather 10 people that are willing to play Dota 2. Timing schedules can be difficult, and if its not Nintendo around these parts most people will say screw it.

But if we can get this thing going I'd totally be down for it. I'm not the most experianced player, but I know my way around a moba. Also people who dont really know what they be doing should join in as well! Its still fun and we need people to join, lol.

Oh my gosh I would have loved to join in on this. I played Dota a few times and I really enjoyed it, sadly, though, my PC recently just farted and died (I'm also on holiday, double Johns). Hopefully we'll have a nice, new, decent computer by the time the next Dota tournament is on so that I can join in (hopefully there is one).

Anyway, sorry I couldn't play this time.

AW YEA DID SOMEONE SAY DOTA

I'm totally down for this. What gamemode should we play? Captain's mode? Please not all pick :>

I started a dota megathread and it kinda tanked so I don't actually have a lot of hope, but if you guys want to get into dota, it's always time. This games's only getting bigger.

I know I said earlier that I probably wouldn't sign up, but if you can gather 9 people together then I'd be happy to be the 10th guy. I won't be very good but it would be fun to do anyways  :-P

So don't count me in just yet but if you have 9 people and you just need one more person to make it an even 10 people, I'll be available to jump in.

EDIT: I just noticed the scheduled time: 12:30 AM PST. That's 3:30 AM in my time, which I could probably do, but do you mind me asking why it's so late? How negotiable is the time?

I know I said earlier that I probably wouldn't sign up, but if you can gather 9 people together then I'd be happy to be the 10th guy. I won't be very good but it would be fun to do anyways  :-P

So don't count me in just yet but if you have 9 people and you just need one more person to make it an even 10 people, I'll be available to jump in.

EDIT: I just noticed the scheduled time: 12:30 AM PST. That's 3:30 AM in my time, which I could probably do, but do you mind me asking why it's so late? How negotiable is the time?

I can work with the time a bit, but here I just set it up so that everybody had time to get ready. I didn't know that we had such a wide span of people in different timezones.

THANK YOU LORD GABEN!

Lord Gaben has solved all of our issues! He made a new interface for Dota, and now you can join matches by searching for them! HALLELUJAH!

Now, everybody join the tournament needs Dota 2 Reborn. You can get the beta by opening up Dota, and on the left you should see something about Dota 2 Reborn.

Welp, I'm afraid we haven't managed to gather enough people. The tournament would be way too close, so I'm afraid we will have to see if more people will join next year.