I'm shocked that a topic hasn't been made for this game yet.  What are your thoughts on this game? Are you going to play/buy it?

Rare_replay.jpg

Definitely picking this up tomorrow! Only game I've played is Trouble In Paradise so this is a steal for me.

Sucks that DKC and Goldeneye can't be on there for insanely obvious reasons

• Upvote 3

Banjo Kazooie + 28 other games.

Joking aside though, this is a really good deal for fans of Rare and for people who have yet to taste all the great games Rare made.

I will definitely be picking it up.

when i get an xbox one :-(

Oh yeah, comething cool is that the soundtracks of a couple of Rare games are getting Vinyl versions on this website.

http://store.iam8bit.com/collections/rare

Edited by Ultanoka

Whelp, once Microsoft realized that the Kinect was destroying sales in multiple ways, they had to do something with Rare, right? ;-)

I love the idea, but I'm still stuck in the previous gen (and with a Wii), soooooo...

Seems like Conker is in there, so now I'm considering getting an XBone for this and Kingdom Hearts 3.

Well, I have it! Downloaded it last night and have tried a bunch of their games from the 80's! Sadly I'm babysitting, so for most of the console games I am just watching my nephew sample them, but it's a really good collection so far! For the "classic" games, you can hold down the Left Trigger and rewind, which is super helpful because Battletoads is absolutely brutal.

Speaking of Battletoads though, if you get the achievement "Do You Have Battletoads?" (unlocked the first time you play Battletoads in Rare Replay) then you will automatically unlock Rash from Battletoads as a guest character in Killer Instinct! Pretty cool if you ask me!

F4Rh2f9.png

(If you purchased the Season 2 bundle of Killer Instinct you'll also still get Rash)

Such a good value, I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to revisit these games or try them for the first time, there's something for everyone here. I actually was surprisingly addicted to the original Jetman game on here

• Upvote 3

At the same time though its all just, remakes. I think its pretty cool as well, and happy that Rares getting interest besides kinect games now. But it really is just a cash grab. "Yoink, play our old stuff cause we aint making any new stuff!"

So far I've been loving this game.  Right now I'm playing Jetpac trying to grind out those 250k points.

"Yoink, play our old stuff cause we aint making any new stuff!"

Don't make Sea of Thieves cry like that

Also I should really pick this game up today, I've been wanting to play the Conker and Banjo-Kazooie games for a while now (plus I'm sure I'd find some joy in playing the other 20+ games in here)

• Upvote 1

At the same time though its all just, remakes. I think its pretty cool as well, and happy that Rares getting interest besides kinect games now. But it really is just a cash grab. "Yoink, play our old stuff cause we aint making any new stuff!"

In addition to the simple fact that Sea of Thieves is a thing, it's also worth noting that a fair amount of care went into some of these ports. All the old games have been fitted for 1080p, with cleaner visuals than ever before, but also with an optional CRT filter that displays the games how they originally would've back in their day.

Grabbed By The Ghoulies in particular has been completely recoded to run on the Xbox One, and is now in 1080p 60fps. The only instances of quick and dirty "cash grabs" I suppose would be the port of the 360/XBLA games, but even then, those games are $15 each minimum, where as in this bundle you are paying the price of two of them for 30 games. I don't think "cash grab" really applies in a time where most developers are porting last generation games to new consoles for a full $60 price tag, or at best making a "collection" of a mere two games. Thirty games for half of the price of most retail games is such a steal, especially when the quality of these games speaks for themselves.

But hey, it's my personal belief that Viva Pinata alone is worth more than $30, the other 28 titles are just amazing bonuses

Let me think...

My opinion...

This game really sucks!

Okay, why? Do you not like the games, do you think it's a waste of money, have you even played it considering you said the same about a Splatoon but had no in-game reasons... If you elaborate, it helps to extend a conversation and make things more interesting in a thread, and I'm sure we'd all like to hear more about why you have your opinions to see what varies in different peoples preferences in gaming! :-)

I, for one, really enjoy most of Rare's older titles, but still like some of their modern ones too. I'm really excited that Microsoft isn't for completely ditching Rare's old IP's after the colossal failure that was Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts'N'Bolts (which is a great game)

Edited by A C Cret
  • Upvote 3

Trouble In Paradise was awesome in every way possible. I had it since release, and got the digital version free on Xbox. I recommend it to anyone who hasnt already played it.

I, for one, really enjoy most of Rare's older titles, but still like some of their modern ones too. I'm really excited that Microsoft isn't for completely ditching Rare's old IP's after the colossal failure that was Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts'N'Bolts (which is a great game)

I was gonna get N+B a while back. Is it not good? I am confused by the way you worded it....

Edited by Jamma003

Trouble In Paradise was awesome in every way possible. I had it since release, and got the digital version free on Xbox. I recommend it to anyone who hasnt already played it.

I was gonna get N+B a while back. Is it not good? I am confused by the way you worded it....

If I remember right, the game wasn't a financial success, it's assumed that it's largely due to fans of the series refusing to buy the game due to the departure from the classic Banjo formula. The game did reach Platinum Hits status though, so it sold a fair amount in its first nine months. Critically the game was rated highly, it just seems it was condemned by the older fans.

• Upvote 2

If I remember right, the game wasn't a financial success, it's assumed that it's largely due to fans of the series refusing to buy the game due to the departure from the classic Banjo formula. The game did reach Platinum Hits status though, so it sold a fair amount in its first nine months. Critically the game was rated highly, it just seems it was condemned by the older fans.
If you want a Banjo-Kazooie game, buy Banjo-Tooie. If you want a fun game with Banjo-Kazooie skinned over it, buy Nuts'N'Bolts.

Fans of the series hated the fact that it wasn't a classic 3D platformer collectathon, but newer fans (such as me) gave the game a chance and found it a very fun, deep, and creative game :-D

If you want a Banjo-Kazooie game, buy Banjo-Tooie. If you want a fun game with Banjo-Kazooie skinned over it, buy Nuts'N'Bolts.

Fans of the series hated the fact that it wasn't a classic 3D platformer collectathon, but newer fans (such as me) gave the game a chance and found it a very fun, deep, and creative game :-D

Ive never played a Banjo game, and I like the creativity aspect of it in the demo, so Ill probably end up getting it. ;)

Ive never played a Banjo game, and I like the creativity aspect of it in the demo, so Ill probably end up getting it. ;)

It's in the rare replay, so if you have an XBone, just buy that or play it there if you have the collection.

If you want a Banjo-Kazooie game, buy Banjo-Tooie.

If you want a Banjo Kazooie game, buy Banjo Kazooie, and THEN Banjo Tooie. Banjo Kazooie >>> Banjo Tooie. Edited by Isaac
  • Upvote 2

Rare should release a behind the scenes video to make it an actual Rare Replay

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

• Upvote 3

Let me think...

My opinion...

This game really sucks!

Please try at least having a valid opinion before bashing anything and everything.

• Upvote 3

Let me think...

My opinion...

This game really sucks!

Please try at least having a valid opinion before bashing anything and everything.
Anything and everything without guns, that is.

I mean, I can understand how you may not like a one or two game bundle, but to hate 29? Especially with all of the variety that Rare has offered over the years, they have something to please most everyone!