Hazard

Hazard's Castle Crashers Tier List V1.0

Recently, I've been playing as almost every character after not touching some of them since 2012.  I wanted to make a tier list that is actually accurate as some are outdated to to updates, and some are just plain incorrect (like the castlewiki tier list)  While this does have a little bias, most of it is 100% fact.
 Notes - This is based on PvE on insane mode; arena and normal mode are taken into account but have much less of an affect.
             The Necrosane fight has a higher impact than anything else, as it is the only truly difficult fight in the game.
          Elemental combo = XXXY/SSST.  other needed clarifications will be posted here. 

Overpowered Tier (S - Rank)
 1 - Blue Knight
   The Blue Knight is hands down the best character in the game.  All of its magic freezes, including the elemental combo.  This allows for an unbeatable advantage in any situation that involves normal or beefy enemies due to its freezelocking ability.

2 - Red Knight 
    The Red Knight is the most overused character in the game, but that does not mean that it is not incredibly powerful. It has the ultimate crowd control, giving the ability to completely immobilize enemies and do 600 damage to them through the duration of the splash. It's very comparable to the blue knight as it has a focus on a stunlocking splash attack. However, the red knight has the 2nd worst elemental combo in the game (Gray Knight) and has an average projectile, as opposed to the other elemental knights.

3 & 4 - Industrialist & Fencer
    The two mechanical knights are completely identical, and are the two best boss killers in the game. They also can be used as a reviver/medic because their splash has more hits than any other, giving more time to safely res an ally.

5 - Iceskimo
     The Iceskimo is a modified blue knight.  Its projectile and jump don't freeze, while the splash and (thankfully) elemental combo do.  It can do most of the Blue Knight's freeze combos, but not all of them.  However, it can still do things like start juggles with a magic jump and spellweave properly, making it arguably as good. Prior to a 2011 update it was incredibly flawed and the worst characters in the game.  All of the top 5 characters are almost equal when it comes to how good they are, and any of the 5 can be an insanely OP character.

6 - Fire Demon
    The Fire Demon is very underrated and underplayed.  It has a fast pillar splash magic and fire DoT on every magic attack.  The pillars are helpful for starting juggles, and can clear a crowd very fast.  The pillar magic is also an incredible boss killing magic style. The Fire Demon is the very best character in the game that is not insanely overpowered or make insane mode a joke to complete.

Great Tier (A - Rank)

Old Ranking for 7 & 8

30 - Saracen
    The better of the two Tornado Knights, the Saracen and the Bear are two incredibly unique knights who are usually placed around the 11-15 spots on tier lists, this is far too high. With this list being based more on insane mode than anything else, these two are unrivaled in their horridity. The number one rule of thumb on insane mode is 'Don't get hit'. The tornado knights are supposed to go into their splash, and move at a snail's pace directly into an enemy. If you ever try to use this splash in insane mode like it was intended, you will die. With that garbage being the replacement for a splash attack, the necromancer is near impossible and bosses take absolutely forever to kill. Tornadoes can be inserted into juggle combos, but nothing is more efficient than the XXYY combo. The only reason that the Saracen is higher than the Bear is that the Saracen has the incredibly unique gust RT+B. This gust knocks back most enemies and sets up a very easy juggle.

31 - Bear
    The Bear is one of the most popular characters in the game, but there is no way to defend its quality as a playable character. It is the exact same as the Saracen, except for the fact that it has a normal RT+B projectile. In normal mode the Saracen and Bear are still bad, as the magic stat only affects the time able to be spent in the tornado. The strength stat determines the magic damage.

I was VERY, VERY mistaken when I first rated these two characters.  A1rPun brought me a piece of information about these two knights that I hadn't known before;  Using the Turtle Combo + Tornado Splash attack,  while inside the tornado, the characters are completely immune from physical damage except for being thrown by a beefy.

7 - Saracen

As explained in the old rating, the Saracen is better than the Bear due to its projectile attack.  The TurtleNado attack makes these characters the best in the game for arena fights, and it removes all worry of being hurt when you use the Tornado.  They still do have some flaws, but for the most part, the TurtleNado can solve any of their problems.

8 - Bear

This character's advantages are thoroughly explained above; its normal projectile simply is not as good as the Saracen's gust. 

9 - Pink Knight

The Pink Knight is a unique hybrid of many different characters, born out of fan demand; surprisingly it is an amazing character.  It has a weakened version of the Blue Knight/Iceskimo's splash (~1 second freeze), with the range of the Necromancer's splash.  It's projectile is a modified version of the bomb projectile (same damage + critical hit chance, but cannot destroy cracked walls - negligible)  This character is very, very unique and it can be a very fun or very horrible experience, depending on how you use it.

10 - Brute
     The Brute and Snakey are the best boss killers in the game except for the mechanical knights.  They are not played as very much due to their unlocking 'difficulty', and are both great characters.  The Brute is slightly better than the Snakey because of the acorn projectile it has (mini explosive which hits multiple enemies if they are exactly on top of each other).

10.5 - Snakey
    The Snakey is covered in the Brute's section.  It is placed lower because it has a throwing knife projectile, which is worse than the acorn.

Edited by Hazard
  • Upvote 6

Good Tier (B - Rank)

12 & 13 - Conehead & Royal Guard

These two have the dreaded arrow splash attack, but they outclass all of their peers by having the best projectile attack in the entire game, bombs.  The bombs have an explosive attack, with a fire DoT. They burst on impact, causing collateral damage to enemies near it.  To top that all off, the bombs can break through shields.  These are incredible characters that could easily be in the S - Rank tier if they had a good splash.

14 - Ninja

The Ninja has a relatively basic magic set, except for its splash.  Its splash has a smaller range, which condenses each of its hitboxes.  This allows for fast kills on bosses like the Husky Barbarian and the Cyclops. However, it doesn't kill bosses as fast as some characters mentioned above. Contrary to popular belief (aka the castle wiki), the Ninja does not actually have a faster attack speed and it is actually a lie that was started around late 2011.

15 & 16 - Skeleton & Cultist

My favorite character, and its DLC carbon copy are very similar to the Fire Demon.  The only difference between these two and it is that these two have a slower splash and they do not have fire based attacks.

Average Tier (C - Rank)

17 - Barbarian

The Barbarian is a character frequently grouped with the Arrow magic knights.  It does have a unique magic which most people who play the game do not know.  It has a short range on the splash, but it attacks from left to right and right to left for every single cast of the splash.  This is very helpful for dealing with the annoying enemies such as Scarabs and Fishmen, and it also is nice for starting juggles. 

18 - Beekeeper

It has a magic that looks unique, but performs similar as the Arrow knights, which will be explained in thorough detail below.  It has more hits on bosses, and it is able to hit enemies that are in the air. Also, it does not have a huge delay like the Arrow knights do.  Finally, this is the most unused character in the game. If anyone mains it, they have the ability to play as it practically guaranteed.

19 - Gray Knight

The Gray Knight seems like it is identical to the Royal Guard and Conehead.  However it has one HUGE flaw.  It has the worst elemental combo in the game.  Every other non-elemental character's elemental combo has a formula of (BaseMeleeDamage)*2 + (BaseMagicDamage)*2.  This ends up with a damage in the 210s when a character has max stats.  The Gray Knight's elemental combo formula is BaseMeleeDamage + BaseMagicDamage.  This ends up with a damage output in the low 100s/ high 90s.  The bombs are so good, that they were able to save this otherwise lost cause from being the very worst character in the game. 

20 - Orange Knight

As one of the starting characters the Orange Knight has many people who mainly play as it and support it.  It is a poor man's Fire Demon and the only real reason to play through as the Orange Knight would be to unlock the Demon. It has identical magic to the Demon, except for the splash.  It has a cloud attack, while the Demon has a pillar attack.  The Orange Knight is also the most played as character in the game, so do not expect to get to play as it in matchmaking.  The Orange Knight is not a bad character at all, but it does have the worst magic out of the four starting knights.

Edited by Hazard
  • Upvote 1

Bad Tier (D - Rank/Arrow Knight Line)

21 - Necromancer

The Necromancer has the longest range on any splash attack alongside the pink knight, but unlike the pink knight, it does not have an increased number of hits.  Instead, every hitbox on the splash expands, effectively destroying its boss killing capability. Its saving grace is its projectile magic.  It has an insane speed, and goes across the whole screen in a second. This projectile is the 3rd best in the game, behind the Bombs and the Blue Knight's freeze projectile.

22 - Blacksmith

The Blacksmith is typically regarded as a horrible character by many.  In reality, it is not bad at all.  Its splash has decent range, lower hits on bosses, but it can be used in the air.  Its projectile is where it stands out.  It has normal damage, but it has a fire DoT.  It narrowly avoids being placed above the arrow line.

23, 24, 25, 26, 27 - Thief, Peasant, Civilian, Open-Face Gray Knight, Stove Face 

Unlike most other people I do like playing as the arrow knights, but there is no denying the fact that they are simply not good characters.  They have an average range, an average number of hits on bosses and big enemies, and basic projectiles and jumps.  That is all there is to them.  

Most people's problem is that there are 5 who are basically identical, another 3 who use bombs as the only difference to them, and 2 who are mistaken for having arrow magic (Beekeeper and Barbarian). Everyone says that there are just too many of them and that it was not original at all when creating the magic for these characters.  

This is all true, but the solution to this is - A; For players who don't want to play as everyone and only want to unlock certain characters by playing normal mode) Just upgrade agility or strength instead of magic. B; For those gold skull collectors who are dreading playing as all of them) Space out these characters insane mode runs, play as one of them every 6 gold skulls.  

These characters are a blemish on this game's originality, but are hopefully not too huge of a problem to ruin the game for anyone.

Horrible Tier (F - Rank/Flawed Characters)

28 - King

The King is a character who should be in any 4 - Player insane mode team.  However, playing 2 - Player or especially solo, there are some nearly impossible parts of the Insane mode to play as the King.  The King has no splash attack.  Instead, its 'splash' is a heal that takes about 1 to 1.5 seconds of standing in the same spot after casting to regain the health.  Thus, it is incredibly hard to heal during a wave of enemies and can only realistically be done after a wave is finished.  In a few scenarios, splash magic is almost required to have a chance of winning the fight, namely the Necromancer.  The king is amazing multiplayer, but horrible single player.

29 - Green Knight

The Green Knight is one of my favorite characters in the entire game and it was one of my very first gold skulls; I want this character to be good, I really do - its simply not possible to put it above here. The last of the four main knights, the Green Knight is the worst of the four.  If this list was based purely off of magic, the Green Knight would easily be in the top 7.  Its magic is the exact same as the Orange Knight, except for the Orange Knight's fire DoT hitting 1 time and the Green Knight's poison DoT hitting 3 times.  The reason for the Green Knight's placement is that it has a different melee attack than any other character. Its YY, instead of being a sword spin like every other character, is a backflip.  This makes one of the best melee combos that exist in the game, XXYY is impossible to do.  You will hit the ground very fast  rather than staying in the air infinitely because the backflip is much slower to execute than the sword spin.  There are workarounds to this, but once you are used to XXYY, it is almost impossible to use those workarounds. I hope that the Green Knight's backflip is changed to the sword spin in the remaster so it has a chance to reach its potential rank in the S-Tier.  If you don't juggle, use the Green Knight; it has very overpowered magic, but the juggle handicap forces it to be this low. 

30 - Hatty Hattington

Hatty is essentially a worse version of the Arrow Knights with a huge (3+ second) casting delay.  You can get killed before the magic even comes in. Avoid Hatty. 'Nuff said.

31 - Alien Hominid

The Alien is typically placed in the top half of Castle Crashers tier lists, but it is definitely not a top tier character. The pros of this character are that - It has a 3x cast speed and an infinite range on its fire splash.  Also, its elemental combo is has a fire DoT. The cons are that - It has the worst projectile in the game, a seemingly negligible light from its magic jump can easily cause a death on the Necromancer fight/most large enemy fights of the game due to landing in a pack of enemies.  Its 'benefit' in the splash attack is actually a hindrance; it is not a true splash attack as it only hits one enemy each bullet.  Finally, its biggest problem is the limited weapon arsenal.  The only weapons equipable by the Alien are the Alien Gun (+0 Strength) and the Pitchfork (+1 Strength, -1 Agility) through a glitch. Insane mode was a nightmare on this character.  Recently, a discovery was made regarding the Alien. Even during slowfall, it can only spellweave 3x in a row.  It freezes in the air after each A+RTY, and starts falling before it is possible to start flying again. This is easily one of if not the worst characters in the game. 

Edited by Hazard
  • Upvote 1

Hazard's Top 10 Characters -

1. Blue Knight/Iceskimo

2. Red Knight

3. Industrialist/Fencer

4. Fire Demon

5. Saracen

6. Bear

7. Conehead/Royal Guard

8. Brute [snakey is slightly worse, but they are to similar to place apart]

9. Ninja

10. Skeleton/Cultist

Aichomancer's Top 10 Characters -

1. Industrialist/Fencer

2. Blue Knight/Iceskimo

3. Saracen

4. Bear

5. Pink Knight

6. Fire Demon

7. Red Knight

8. Ninja

9. Conehead/Royal Guard

10. Brute/Snakey

A1rPun's Top 10 Characters -

Let me know anything that should be in this bonus post

Edited by Hazard
  • Upvote 1

Wouldn't say the Red Knight deserves to be on top, as his stun-lock is annoying as you can't move whilst casting. His damage is weak, too.

The Fencer should be placed higher then the industrialist as he has a slightly faster Mana recharge. I also consider his (and the industrialist's) magic the best in the game for crowd control, as it covers a large area and knocks enemies back, setting you up for a juggle or giving you room to do something else. 

The fire demon is better then snakey and brute, as he has pretty much the same splash magic, (technically a reskin) but with DoT. He also has a better XXXY combo and projectile.

The cult minion's/skeleton's splash magic are not just copied versions of the fire demons, or vice versa, the fire demon's is faster and does more damage, as well as DoT. 

The Fire Demon's Magic is a reskin of the Snakey's/Brute's Magic, making him much better with his DoT. (And his magic projectile/jump has DoT, too, making him fantastic.)

The Necromancer is not as good as he is rated. His magic is so slow and the hitbox is glitchy. Though I do find his projectile helpful.

Otherwise, I completely agree with most of these tier listings.

(And who knows, I may be wrong as I haven't beaten insane mode and leveled up to 99 31 times like you.)

Also Jamma003, The King is very good with other players on insane mode, but stinks by himself.

I forgot to mention: The Barbarian and Killer Bee Keeper have a little bit more damage then arrow rain.

Edited by U-Knighted

Just clarifying some of my reasons here :)

Wouldn't say the Red Knight deserves to be on top, as his stun-lock is annoying as you can't move whilst casting. His damage is weak, too.

While he can't move, it is incredibly easy to catch every enemy in the lightning.  It also hits faster than the other magic.

The Fencer should be placed higher then the industrialist as he has a slightly faster Mana recharge. I also consider his (and the industrialist's) magic the best in the game for crowd control, as it covers a large area and knocks enemies back, setting you up for a juggle or giving you room to do something else. 

I'm guessing you got that from Castle Wiki.  Its completely false

The fire demon is better then snakey and brute, as he has pretty much the same splash magic, (technically a reskin) but with DoT. He also has a better XXXY combo and projectile.

The pillars are not as good as the vines, they hit more on bosses and do more damage when DoT is factored in IIRC.  The projectile is better than Snakey and same as Brute.  The piercing XXXY is the best elemental combo besides the ice.  Piercing is 210s, but Fire is 150s

The cult minion's/skeleton's splash magic are not just copied versions of the fire demons, or vice versa, the fire demon's is faster and does more damage, as well as DoT. 

They have the same speed (I know for sure because I tested with two controllers same spot, weapon, and animals) the Dark Pillars do more damage on the original hit, but the F Demon totals to more with DoT factored in.

The Fire Demon's Magic is a reskin of the Snakey's/Brute's Magic, making him much better with his DoT. (And his magic projectile/jump has DoT, too, making him fantastic.)

Mostly answered above, his jump is admittedly much better.  However, fire doesn't have as big of an effect as it seems

The Necromancer is not as good as he is rated. His magic is so slow and the hitbox is glitchy. Though I do find his projectile helpful.

Very true, but the necromancer's splash is better than the arrows and worse than the Barb/Beekeeper.  His projectile is what puts him ahead of those two.

(And who knows, I may be wrong as I haven't beaten insane mode and leveled up to 99 31 times like you.)

Also Jamma003, The King is very good with other players on insane mode, but stinks by himself.

Thanks for helping clarify that to him!  The king was easily one of the hardest necro fights, but I imagine him making coop insane a joke

I forgot to mention: The Barbarian and Killer Bee Keeper have a little bit more damage then arrow rain.  

TYVM, I reset my Barbarian yesterday so I could try him out again, but I once again forgot to use magic - I guess I'll just try out the maxed version only.  (Already back to 99 Gold Skull though)

• Upvote 2

I really like how well thought-out this is. It's really accurate, too.

Good thing I have a high-levelled Blue Knight, I suppose!

While he can't move, it is incredibly easy to catch every enemy in the lightning.  It also hits faster than the other magic.

Here are his weaknesses: 

His magic is low range and is hard to aim with as it as it doesn't cover much ground. (As in space up and down the map, thus meaning the fencer's magic covers a lot of ground.)

You can't move whilst casting, thus meaning you can be attacked from behind.

Weak projectile.

Worst XXXY combo.

Don't get me wrong, the Red Knight's splash is good, but he has so many weaknesses thus meaning he should be a 

I'm guessing you got that from Castle Wiki.  Its completely false

Really? A lot of professionals I met on steam with like 2000 hours on their record said that it's true. Who knows, maybe the steam version is different. Or maybe none of them never tested it.

The pillars are not as good as the vines, they hit more on bosses and do more damage when DoT is factored in IIRC.  The projectile is better than Snakey and same as Brute.  The piercing XXXY is the best elemental combo besides the ice.  Piercing is 210s, but Fire is 150s

They have the same speed (I know for sure because I tested with two controllers same spot, weapon, and animals) the Dark Pillars do more damage on the original hit, but the F Demon totals to more with DoT factored in.

Mostly answered above, his jump is admittedly much better.  However, fire doesn't have as big of an effect as it seems

(In response to everything above)

I wasn't actually aware of any of this.

I haven't used the fire demon/brute/snakey myself, most of this info I said was taken from me playing with my friends.

Very true, but the necromancer's splash is better than the arrows and worse than the Barb/Beekeeper.  His projectile is what puts him ahead of those two.

True.

Thanks for helping clarify that to him!  The king was easily one of the hardest necro fights, but I imagine him making coop insane a joke

TYVM, I reset my Barbarian yesterday so I could try him out again, but I once again forgot to use magic - I guess I'll just try out the maxed version only.  (Already back to 99 Gold Skull though)

Edited by U-Knighted
  • Upvote 1

This says all you need to know about the red knight's strength.  

Also, most people who say things never bother to test if they are true; I'm not one of those people.  I used to start tones of lies about all the different characters having 'special powers', just to get people to play as different characters; nobody tested any of it and just kept passing that rumor around until it became what everyone thought.

Edited by Hazard
  • Upvote 2

This says all you need to know about the red knight's strength.  

Also, most people who say things never bother to test if they are true; I'm not one of those people.  I used to start tones of lies about all the different characters having 'special powers', just to get people to play as different characters; nobody tested any of it and just kept passing that rumor around until it became what everyone thought.

I have used the Red Knight before, and I think he is as good as about every other knight. His splash is good but his other abilities are good. This fight looks like a normal necromancer fight to me.

I tried Pink Knight recently and was insanely underwhelmed by its power,  I'm thinking of moving it down to 11, and moving the others all up 1.

Leifster2003's Top Ten!

10. Orange Knight

9. King

8. Pink Knight

7. Blacksmith

6. Red Knight

5. Fencer

4. Necromancer

3. Skeleton

2. Blue Knight

1. Industrialist

BTW good thread.

• Upvote 1

Good list, I just can't accept bear & saracen be the lowest of the F tier. They are good in arena & they have a hidden move which is invincible to splash damage (I believe). You can do this with A+A (turtle) after that RT+Y (tornado).

Good list, I just can't accept bear & saracen be the lowest of the F tier. They are good in arena & they have a hidden move which is invincible to splash damage (I believe). You can do this with A+A (turtle) after that RT+Y (tornado).

Really? I knew there was something I was missing there.  I'll probably bump those two above Alien Hominid once I test them out.

Very sorry for the double post, but there is a huge update to this list.

Changelist -

•  Saracen and Bear from 30 & 31 to 10 & 11 (F to A tier) - New description as well
  •  Brute form 7 to 6 (A to S tier)
  •  Pink Knight from 6 to 7 (S to A tier)
  •  Skeleton, Cultist, Conehead, & Royal Guard all bumped down 2 Slots by Saracen and Bear 
  •  Ninja stays at 16; above Gray Knight and Orange Knight, but below Saracen and Bear
  •  Barbarian to from 19 to 17; above Gray Knight, Blacksmith, Orange Knight, and Necromancer
  •  Beekeeper from 20 to 18; above Gray Knight, Blacksmith, Orange Knight, and Necromancer
  •  Gray Knight from 14 to 19; below Bear n' Saracen (Bearacen), Ninja, Barbarian and Beekeeper
  •  Orange Knight form 15 to 20; below Bearacen, Ninja, Barbarian, and Beekeeper 
  •  Necromancer from 17 to 21; below Bearacen, Barbarian, and Beekeeper
  •  Blacksmith from 18 to 21; below Bearacen, Barbarian, and Beekeeper
  •  Thief, Stove Face, Peasant, Civilian, Open-Face Gray Knight, King, Green Knight, Alien  Hominid, and Hatty Hattington all down 2; below Saracen and Bear

Huge change-list right here, but the ratings are much closer to being finalized.  I also coined a few new terms here -  TurtleNado (Turtle Combo + Air Tornado) and 'Bearacen' (Bear and Saracen names combined, because they are so similar).

Let me know any more glaring changes/issues.

• Upvote 1

Very sorry for the double post, but there is a huge update to this list.

Changelist -

•  Saracen and Bear from 30 & 31 to 10 & 11 (F to A tier) - New description as well
  •  Brute form 7 to 6 (A to S tier)
  •  Pink Knight from 6 to 7 (S to A tier)
  •  Skeleton, Cultist, Conehead, & Royal Guard all bumped down 2 Slots by Saracen and Bear 
  •  Ninja stays at 16; above Gray Knight and Orange Knight, but below Saracen and Bear
  •  Barbarian to from 19 to 17; above Gray Knight, Blacksmith, Orange Knight, and Necromancer
  •  Beekeeper from 20 to 18; above Gray Knight, Blacksmith, Orange Knight, and Necromancer
  •  Gray Knight from 14 to 19; below Bear n' Saracen (Bearacen), Ninja, Barbarian and Beekeeper
  •  Orange Knight form 15 to 20; below Bearacen, Ninja, Barbarian, and Beekeeper 
  •  Necromancer from 17 to 21; below Bearacen, Barbarian, and Beekeeper
  •  Blacksmith from 18 to 21; below Bearacen, Barbarian, and Beekeeper
  •  Thief, Stove Face, Peasant, Civilian, Open-Face Gray Knight, King, Green Knight, Alien  Hominid, and Hatty Hattington all down 2; below Saracen and Bear

Huge change-list right here, but the ratings are much closer to being finalized.  I also coined a few new terms here -  TurtleNado (Turtle Combo + Air Tornado) and 'Bearacen' (Bear and Saracen names combined, because they are so similar).

Let me know any more glaring changes/issues.

What do you mean as the TurtleNado, and how do you do it? Something I found out about the green knight's backflip attack is that it was Dan's favorite character, so he made it unique, giving it the backflip, instead of the swordspin. I find it hard to do the XXY combo (if you couldn't tell while we were playing insane, and I was not juggling at all), which makes insane mode harder to do with the green knight, being that comboing is incredibly usefull, killing enemies without being hit, which I imagine will make the necrosane battle a lot harder (which I will find out next time we play). Great updates though, I knew that the Bear and- er... Bearacen would be higher in the tier list, just since I knew it is a good character some way or another

What do you mean as the TurtleNado, and how do you do it? Something I found out about the green knight's backflip attack is that it was Dan's favorite character, so he made it unique, giving it the backflip, instead of the swordspin. I find it hard to do the XXY combo (if you couldn't tell while we were playing insane, and I was not juggling at all), which makes insane mode harder to do with the green knight, being that comboing is incredibly usefull, killing enemies without being hit, which I imagine will make the necrosane battle a lot harder (which I will find out next time we play). Great updates though, I knew that the Bear and- er... Bearacen would be higher in the tier list, just since I knew it is a good character some way or another

Turtle is the Level 2 AA combo where you do the sword spin, and before you land on the ground, start your Tornado RT+Y

I saw that you were able to fly, so I played a lot as the Green Knight after you got off, and got pretty good at the 4XY Green Knight combo.  After 3 hours of trying, I got my 2nd Green Knight Solo Necrosane w/o Potions. It was very rewarding to know I did the hardest thing in the entire game, twice.

• Upvote 1

I really like the TurtleNado & bearacen namings :)!

Please don't bold the text about that you was wrong.. it can happen right?

In my opinion, Red Knight shouldn't be so high on the tier list.

Red Knight's magic is very weak on Insane Mode. You can barely kill a Barbarian a max potential. You say that Red Knight is easy to trap enemies? I find that to be untrue, enemies have good AI on Insane and walk behind you every single bloody time. Not to mention it doesn't hold beefies completely still.

His other magic is no different than a dagger, but they have an element, so you can't attack Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies. His Elemental Infusion is absolutely terrible, since it's pretty much Gray Knight's . That's...not good...

There's more problem for me as well.

Iceskimo should be = to Blue Knight. Since he has half ie half non-elemental he has MUCH more freedom when it comes to combos. He, like blue Knight, have an unlimited XXXY. This easily makes this character superior to almost every other character for normal enemies, since this is almost 20x more effective than the next best, Non-Elemental.  

When enemies are frozen, their hit counter will be reset. This means that even after unlocking the level 50 XXXYY combo, using it's only a waste of time for Blue Knight, because he doesn't need that second "Y" to knock the enemies over and reset the hit counter, because it's already reset by the ice. Blue Knight and Iceskimo can therefore repeat this infinitely, and they're the only two characters that can do this. Everyone else needs to use the drill spin to reset the hit counter.

Since the combo can't be interrupted by anything except for straggling enemies and other players, that means that the damage is actually as high as the health of the enemy with the most health that can still be combo locked, which is the Beefy Brute, who has 4,500 HP on insane mode, meaning that the max damage is 4,500 when being used as an infinite.

If Trolls, are used as an example, then the max damage is infinity, as trolls can't be beheaded, so the combo can continue forever, but with ANY other combo, the troll would die as soon as its HP hit zero.

One can conclude that the Ice XXXY is either infinitely better than all of the rest combined, or least 20.45x (4,500/220) better than the next best, which is Non-Elemental. 

I could list a few more things,

Brute and Snakey are actually equal, their projectiles are the same and the only difference is the look. 

Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground

Pink Knight has the longest range in the game, as does Orange Knight, and has 16 splash hits (4 per rainbow)

I'll list more when I think of them.

Thanks you for taking the time to read this

Red Knight's magic is very weak on Insane Mode. You can barely kill a Barbarian a max potential. You say that Red Knight is easy to trap enemies? I find that to be untrue, enemies have good AI on Insane and walk behind you every single bloody time. Not to mention it doesn't hold beefies completely still.

His other magic is no different than a dagger, but they have an element, so you can't attack Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies. His Elemental Infusion is absolutely terrible, since it's pretty much Gray Knight's . That's...not good...

Iceskimo should be = to Blue Knight. Since he has half ie half non-elemental he has MUCH more freedom when it comes to combos. He, like blue Knight, have an unlimited XXXY. This easily makes this character superior to almost every other character for normal enemies, since this is almost 20x more effective than the next best, Non-Elemental.  

When enemies are frozen, their hit counter will be reset. This means that even after unlocking the level 50 XXXYY combo, using it's only a waste of time for Blue Knight, because he doesn't need that second "Y" to knock the enemies over and reset the hit counter, because it's already reset by the ice. Blue Knight and Iceskimo can therefore repeat this infinitely, and they're the only two characters that can do this. Everyone else needs to use the drill spin to reset the hit counter.

Since the combo can't be interrupted by anything except for straggling enemies and other players, that means that the damage is actually as high as the health of the enemy with the most health that can still be combo locked, which is the Beefy Brute, who has 4,500 HP on insane mode, meaning that the max damage is 4,500 when being used as an infinite.

If Trolls, are used as an example, then the max damage is infinity, as trolls can't be beheaded, so the combo can continue forever, but with ANY other combo, the troll would die as soon as its HP hit zero.

One can conclude that the Ice XXXY is either infinitely better than all of the rest combined, or least 20.45x (4,500/220) better than the next best, which is Non-Elemental. 

Brute and Snakey are actually equal, their projectiles are the same and the only difference is the look. 

Pink Knight has the longest range in the game, as does Orange Knight, and has 16 splash hits (4 per rainbow)

Every magic is weak in insane mode (except industrialist) so I don't agree with you that the red knight is weak. Trapping is a very good tactic if you know how the AI works. You mention "Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies" but do you know there are also enemies which are weak to lightning?

How does iceskimo have more freedom for combo's? I do agree it could be ranked higher because of his "unlimited XXXY".

"Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground"

You got to be kidding me, I WANT PROOF!

The hit counter is a interesting subject and I actually learned something from your post :)

Every magic is weak in insane mode (except industrialist) so I don't agree with you that the red knight is weak. Trapping is a very good tactic if you know how the AI works. You mention "Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies" but do you know there are also enemies which are weak to lightning?

How does iceskimo have more freedom for combo's? I do agree it could be ranked higher because of his "unlimited XXXY".

"Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground"

You got to be kidding me, I WANT PROOF!

The hit counter is a interesting subject and I actually learned something from your post :)

With even close to proper use of the Red Knight, it is overpowered. People complaining about not being able to move simply don't know how either it or the A.I. works.

Both Blue and Icey do have the unlimited XXXY, and that shows how close the top 5 is. One minor difference bumps it from Tied in 1st to 5th.

Blue > Red > Iceskimo - Order of the enemy based magic.  Blue, Red, Iceskimo =/= Industrialist and Fencer.  Indy and Fencer are a different type of character [boss slayers], but they are still good with enemies.

The 'Combo-Freedom doesn't matter.  Freezing Projectile and Jump opens possibilities for blue.  'Combo-freedom' is a joke.

Ninja DOES NOT have faster melee.  I regret ever starting that rumor as now  even the 'pros' take it as a fact.  I only started it to get more people to play as the Fire Demon and Ninja.

I used to care about the hit counter, but I learned not to after seeing how the only viable way to have an easy time in insane mode is with juggling.  If for some reason you do like ground combos, it is a good thing to know about.  However, they freezing XXXY is not 20.5x better.  You disregard the fact that there are always many enemies on the screen.  You will get hit by one trying to line all of them up for a PermaFreeze.

• Upvote 3

In my opinion, Red Knight shouldn't be so high on the tier list. Red Knight's magic is very weak on Insane Mode. You can barely kill a Barbarian a max potential. You say that Red Knight is easy to trap enemies? I find that to be untrue, enemies have good AI on Insane and walk behind you every single bloody time. Not to mention it doesn't hold beefies completely still. His other magic is no different than a dagger, but they have an element, so you can't attack Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies. His Elemental Infusion is absolutely terrible, since it's pretty much Gray Knight's . That's...not good... There's more problem for me as well. Iceskimo should be = to Blue Knight. Since he has half ie half non-elemental he has MUCH more freedom when it comes to combos. He, like blue Knight, have an unlimited XXXY. This easily makes this character superior to almost every other character for normal enemies, since this is almost 20x more effective than the next best, Non-Elemental.   When enemies are frozen, their hit counter will be reset. This means that even after unlocking the level 50 XXXYY combo, using it's only a waste of time for Blue Knight, because he doesn't need that second "Y" to knock the enemies over and reset the hit counter, because it's already reset by the ice. Blue Knight and Iceskimo can therefore repeat this infinitely, and they're the only two characters that can do this. Everyone else needs to use the drill spin to reset the hit counter.Since the combo can't be interrupted by anything except for straggling enemies and other players, that means that the damage is actually as high as the health of the enemy with the most health that can still be combo locked, which is the Beefy Brute, who has 4,500 HP on insane mode, meaning that the max damage is 4,500 when being used as an infinite.If Trolls, are used as an example, then the max damage is infinity, as trolls can't be beheaded, so the combo can continue forever, but with ANY other combo, the troll would die as soon as its HP hit zero.One can conclude that the Ice XXXY is either infinitely better than all of the rest combined, or least 20.45x (4,500/220) better than the next best, which is Non-Elemental.  I could list a few more things, Brute and Snakey are actually equal, their projectiles are the same and the only difference is the look. Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the groundPink Knight has the longest range in the game, as does Orange Knight, and has 16 splash hits (4 per rainbow)  I'll list more when I think of them. Thanks you for taking the time to read this

Every magic is weak in insane mode (except industrialist) so I don't agree with you that the red knight is weak. Trapping is a very good tactic if you know how the AI works. You mention "Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies" but do you know there are also enemies which are weak to lightning? How does iceskimo have more freedom for combo's? I do agree it could be ranked higher because of his "unlimited XXXY". "Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground"You got to be kidding me, I WANT PROOF! The hit counter is a interesting subject and I actually learned something from your post :)
With even close to proper use of the Red Knight, it is overpowered. People complaining about not being able to move simply don't know how either it or the A.I. works. Both Blue and Icey do have the unlimited XXXY, and that shows how close the top 5 is. One minor difference bumps it from Tied in 1st to 5th. Blue > Red > Iceskimo - Order of the enemy based magic.  Blue, Red, Iceskimo =/= Industrialist and Fencer.  Indy and Fencer are a different type of character [boss slayers], but they are still good with enemies. The 'Combo-Freedom doesn't matter.  Freezing Projectile and Jump opens possibilities for blue.  'Combo-freedom' is a joke. Ninja DOES NOT have faster melee.  I regret ever starting that rumor as now  even the 'pros' take it as a fact.  I only started it to get more people to play as the Fire Demon and Ninja. I used to care about the hit counter, but I learned not to after seeing how the only viable way to have an easy time in insane mode is with juggling.  If for some reason you do like ground combos, it is a good thing to know about.  However, they freezing XXXY is not 20.5x better.  You disregard the fact that there are always many enemies on the screen.  You will get hit by one trying to line all of them up for a PermaFreeze.

Okay, fair enough. :)

• Upvote 1