Hazard

Hazard's Castle Crashers Tier List V1.0

In my opinion, Red Knight shouldn't be so high on the tier list.

Red Knight's magic is very weak on Insane Mode. You can barely kill a Barbarian a max potential. You say that Red Knight is easy to trap enemies? I find that to be untrue, enemies have good AI on Insane and walk behind you every single bloody time. Not to mention it doesn't hold beefies completely still.

His other magic is no different than a dagger, but they have an element, so you can't attack Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies. His Elemental Infusion is absolutely terrible, since it's pretty much Gray Knight's . That's...not good...

There's more problem for me as well.

Iceskimo should be = to Blue Knight. Since he has half ie half non-elemental he has MUCH more freedom when it comes to combos. He, like blue Knight, have an unlimited XXXY. This easily makes this character superior to almost every other character for normal enemies, since this is almost 20x more effective than the next best, Non-Elemental.  

When enemies are frozen, their hit counter will be reset. This means that even after unlocking the level 50 XXXYY combo, using it's only a waste of time for Blue Knight, because he doesn't need that second "Y" to knock the enemies over and reset the hit counter, because it's already reset by the ice. Blue Knight and Iceskimo can therefore repeat this infinitely, and they're the only two characters that can do this. Everyone else needs to use the drill spin to reset the hit counter.

Since the combo can't be interrupted by anything except for straggling enemies and other players, that means that the damage is actually as high as the health of the enemy with the most health that can still be combo locked, which is the Beefy Brute, who has 4,500 HP on insane mode, meaning that the max damage is 4,500 when being used as an infinite.

If Trolls, are used as an example, then the max damage is infinity, as trolls can't be beheaded, so the combo can continue forever, but with ANY other combo, the troll would die as soon as its HP hit zero.

One can conclude that the Ice XXXY is either infinitely better than all of the rest combined, or least 20.45x (4,500/220) better than the next best, which is Non-Elemental. 

I could list a few more things,

Brute and Snakey are actually equal, their projectiles are the same and the only difference is the look. 

Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground

Pink Knight has the longest range in the game, as does Orange Knight, and has 16 splash hits (4 per rainbow)

I'll list more when I think of them.

Thanks you for taking the time to read this

Every magic is weak in insane mode (except industrialist) so I don't agree with you that the red knight is weak. Trapping is a very good tactic if you know how the AI works. You mention "Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies" but do you know there are also enemies which are weak to lightning?

How does iceskimo have more freedom for combo's? I do agree it could be ranked higher because of his "unlimited XXXY".

"Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground"

You got to be kidding me, I WANT PROOF!

The hit counter is a interesting subject and I actually learned something from your post :)

In my opinion, Red Knight shouldn't be so high on the tier list.

Red Knight's magic is very weak on Insane Mode. You can barely kill a Barbarian a max potential. You say that Red Knight is easy to trap enemies? I find that to be untrue, enemies have good AI on Insane and walk behind you every single bloody time. Not to mention it doesn't hold beefies completely still.

His other magic is no different than a dagger, but they have an element, so you can't attack Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies. His Elemental Infusion is absolutely terrible, since it's pretty much Gray Knight's . That's...not good...

There's more problem for me as well.

Iceskimo should be = to Blue Knight. Since he has half ie half non-elemental he has MUCH more freedom when it comes to combos. He, like blue Knight, have an unlimited XXXY. This easily makes this character superior to almost every other character for normal enemies, since this is almost 20x more effective than the next best, Non-Elemental.  

When enemies are frozen, their hit counter will be reset. This means that even after unlocking the level 50 XXXYY combo, using it's only a waste of time for Blue Knight, because he doesn't need that second "Y" to knock the enemies over and reset the hit counter, because it's already reset by the ice. Blue Knight and Iceskimo can therefore repeat this infinitely, and they're the only two characters that can do this. Everyone else needs to use the drill spin to reset the hit counter.

Since the combo can't be interrupted by anything except for straggling enemies and other players, that means that the damage is actually as high as the health of the enemy with the most health that can still be combo locked, which is the Beefy Brute, who has 4,500 HP on insane mode, meaning that the max damage is 4,500 when being used as an infinite.

If Trolls, are used as an example, then the max damage is infinity, as trolls can't be beheaded, so the combo can continue forever, but with ANY other combo, the troll would die as soon as its HP hit zero.

One can conclude that the Ice XXXY is either infinitely better than all of the rest combined, or least 20.45x (4,500/220) better than the next best, which is Non-Elemental. 

I could list a few more things,

Brute and Snakey are actually equal, their projectiles are the same and the only difference is the look. 

Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground

Pink Knight has the longest range in the game, as does Orange Knight, and has 16 splash hits (4 per rainbow)

I'll list more when I think of them.

Thanks you for taking the time to read this

Every magic is weak in insane mode (except industrialist) so I don't agree with you that the red knight is weak. Trapping is a very good tactic if you know how the AI works. You mention "Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies" but do you know there are also enemies which are weak to lightning?

How does iceskimo have more freedom for combo's? I do agree it could be ranked higher because of his "unlimited XXXY".

"Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground"

You got to be kidding me, I WANT PROOF!

The hit counter is a interesting subject and I actually learned something from your post :)

With even close to proper use of the Red Knight, it is overpowered. People complaining about not being able to move simply don't know how either it or the A.I. works.

Both Blue and Icey do have the unlimited XXXY, and that shows how close the top 5 is. One minor difference bumps it from Tied in 1st to 5th.

Blue > Red > Iceskimo - Order of the enemy based magic.  Blue, Red, Iceskimo =/= Industrialist and Fencer.  Indy and Fencer are a different type of character [boss slayers], but they are still good with enemies.

The 'Combo-Freedom doesn't matter.  Freezing Projectile and Jump opens possibilities for blue.  'Combo-freedom' is a joke.

Ninja DOES NOT have faster melee.  I regret ever starting that rumor as now  even the 'pros' take it as a fact.  I only started it to get more people to play as the Fire Demon and Ninja.

I used to care about the hit counter, but I learned not to after seeing how the only viable way to have an easy time in insane mode is with juggling.  If for some reason you do like ground combos, it is a good thing to know about.  However, they freezing XXXY is not 20.5x better.  You disregard the fact that there are always many enemies on the screen.  You will get hit by one trying to line all of them up for a PermaFreeze.

• Upvote 3

In my opinion, Red Knight shouldn't be so high on the tier list. Red Knight's magic is very weak on Insane Mode. You can barely kill a Barbarian a max potential. You say that Red Knight is easy to trap enemies? I find that to be untrue, enemies have good AI on Insane and walk behind you every single bloody time. Not to mention it doesn't hold beefies completely still. His other magic is no different than a dagger, but they have an element, so you can't attack Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies. His Elemental Infusion is absolutely terrible, since it's pretty much Gray Knight's . That's...not good... There's more problem for me as well. Iceskimo should be = to Blue Knight. Since he has half ie half non-elemental he has MUCH more freedom when it comes to combos. He, like blue Knight, have an unlimited XXXY. This easily makes this character superior to almost every other character for normal enemies, since this is almost 20x more effective than the next best, Non-Elemental.   When enemies are frozen, their hit counter will be reset. This means that even after unlocking the level 50 XXXYY combo, using it's only a waste of time for Blue Knight, because he doesn't need that second "Y" to knock the enemies over and reset the hit counter, because it's already reset by the ice. Blue Knight and Iceskimo can therefore repeat this infinitely, and they're the only two characters that can do this. Everyone else needs to use the drill spin to reset the hit counter.Since the combo can't be interrupted by anything except for straggling enemies and other players, that means that the damage is actually as high as the health of the enemy with the most health that can still be combo locked, which is the Beefy Brute, who has 4,500 HP on insane mode, meaning that the max damage is 4,500 when being used as an infinite.If Trolls, are used as an example, then the max damage is infinity, as trolls can't be beheaded, so the combo can continue forever, but with ANY other combo, the troll would die as soon as its HP hit zero.One can conclude that the Ice XXXY is either infinitely better than all of the rest combined, or least 20.45x (4,500/220) better than the next best, which is Non-Elemental.  I could list a few more things, Brute and Snakey are actually equal, their projectiles are the same and the only difference is the look. Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the groundPink Knight has the longest range in the game, as does Orange Knight, and has 16 splash hits (4 per rainbow)  I'll list more when I think of them. Thanks you for taking the time to read this

Every magic is weak in insane mode (except industrialist) so I don't agree with you that the red knight is weak. Trapping is a very good tactic if you know how the AI works. You mention "Cultists or other lightning resistant enemies" but do you know there are also enemies which are weak to lightning? How does iceskimo have more freedom for combo's? I do agree it could be ranked higher because of his "unlimited XXXY". "Ninja actually does have faster melee, but only on the ground"You got to be kidding me, I WANT PROOF! The hit counter is a interesting subject and I actually learned something from your post :)
With even close to proper use of the Red Knight, it is overpowered. People complaining about not being able to move simply don't know how either it or the A.I. works. Both Blue and Icey do have the unlimited XXXY, and that shows how close the top 5 is. One minor difference bumps it from Tied in 1st to 5th. Blue > Red > Iceskimo - Order of the enemy based magic.  Blue, Red, Iceskimo =/= Industrialist and Fencer.  Indy and Fencer are a different type of character [boss slayers], but they are still good with enemies. The 'Combo-Freedom doesn't matter.  Freezing Projectile and Jump opens possibilities for blue.  'Combo-freedom' is a joke. Ninja DOES NOT have faster melee.  I regret ever starting that rumor as now  even the 'pros' take it as a fact.  I only started it to get more people to play as the Fire Demon and Ninja. I used to care about the hit counter, but I learned not to after seeing how the only viable way to have an easy time in insane mode is with juggling.  If for some reason you do like ground combos, it is a good thing to know about.  However, they freezing XXXY is not 20.5x better.  You disregard the fact that there are always many enemies on the screen.  You will get hit by one trying to line all of them up for a PermaFreeze.

Okay, fair enough. :)

• Upvote 1

To end this on a positive note I will admit that this is MUCH better compared to this AWFUL tier list.

http://castlecrashers.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Nog642/Character_Ranks

How can someone possibly be that dumb???

Isn't he supposed to be the rank above admin?  Anyone in their right mind would IMMEDIATELY demote him to member for that!

Today I talked to the head of the Castle Crashers Wikia, convinced him that some of his rankings were wrong, and to let me edit it a little bit.  While there are some rankings that I still don't like,  it is now a lot better than it was and is actually a credible ranking now ;  Click Here to see the tiers.

I had no idea that the acorn had any explosive effect at all. Does it hit multiple enemies? If not then it's not an explosion but just a different animation.

If it were me I'd move Fencer and Industrialist as well as Iceskimo above Red Knight but otherwise I'd say your list is spot on.

• Upvote 1

I had no idea that the acorn had any explosive effect at all. Does it hit multiple enemies? If not then it's not an explosion but just a different animation.

If it were me I'd move Fencer and Industrialist as well as Iceskimo above Red Knight but otherwise I'd say your list is spot on.

Brute's hits multiple enemies (normal sized)  if they are on top of each other.  It may be a console thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was on steam as well.  

I personally don't like Fencer and Industrialist as much as other people, with boss slaying being not very important in my eyes. Iceskimo is good, but once again, I believe that it isn't as good as the Red Knight  [That is a very definitive Top 5 though, nothing else really gets close to cracking it]

Brute's hits multiple enemies (normal sized)  if they are on top of each other.  It may be a console thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was on steam as well.  

I personally don't like Fencer and Industrialist as much as other people, with boss slaying being not very important in my eyes. Iceskimo is good, but once again, I believe that it isn't as good as the Red Knight  [That is a very definitive Top 5 though, nothing else really gets close to cracking it]

Well okie dokie I can respect that and on my solo run with brute I never really noticed that about him. I think that the difference is so small that you should probably list snakey as 6.5 or something since let's face it, how often do you kill an enemy using nothing but magic projectiles?

Edited by Aichomancer
  • Upvote 1

Well okie dokie I can respect that and on my solo run with brute I never really noticed that about him. I think that the difference is so small that you should probably list snakey as 8.5 or something since let's face it, how often do you kill an enemy using nothing but magic projectiles?

Whenever you have no potions, can't juggle because you're the green knight, and are against multible enemies. That's probably the only situation, but I guess that's not that often, so...

The fire demon is better then snakey and brute, as he has pretty much the same splash magic, (technically a reskin) but with DoT. He also has a better XXXY combo and projectile.

The pillars are not as good as the vines, they hit more on bosses and do more damage when DoT is factored in IIRC.  The projectile is better than Snakey and same as Brute.  The piercing XXXY is the best elemental combo besides the ice.  Piercing is 210s, but Fire is 150s

The cult minion's/skeleton's splash magic are not just copied versions of the fire demons, or vice versa, the fire demon's is faster and does more damage, as well as DoT. 

They have the same speed (I know for sure because I tested with two controllers same spot, weapon, and animals) the Dark Pillars do more damage on the original hit, but the F Demon totals to more with DoT factored in.

The Fire Demon's Magic is a reskin of the Snakey's/Brute's Magic, making him much better with his DoT. (And his magic projectile/jump has DoT, too, making him fantastic.)

Mostly answered above, his jump is admittedly much better.  However, fire doesn't have as big of an effect as it seems

The Necromancer is not as good as he is rated. His magic is so slow and the hitbox is glitchy. Though I do find his projectile helpful.

Very true, but the necromancer's splash is better than the arrows and worse than the Barb/Beekeeper.  His projectile is what puts him ahead of those two.

Otherwise, I completely agree with most of these tier listings.

(And who knows, I may be wrong as I haven't beaten insane mode and leveled up to 99 31 times like you.)

Also Jamma003, The King is very good with other players on insane mode, but stinks by himself.

Thanks for helping clarify that to him!  The king was easily one of the hardest necro fights, but I imagine him making coop insane a joke

I forgot to mention: The Barbarian and Killer Bee Keeper have a little bit more damage then arrow rain.  

TYVM, I reset my Barbarian yesterday so I could try him out again, but I once again forgot to use magic - I guess I'll just try out the maxed version only.  (Already back to 99 Gold Skull though)

All splash attacks except for lightning, tornadoes, and buzzsaws do THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF DAMAGE. (Base Magic Damage x 0.5) Damage over time ALWAYS counts IN ADDITION to the damage of the splash attack.

Fire Demon's pillars' speed is as fast as vines. Vines are stacked on eachother so they're better for alignment purposes on bosses and beefies, and plus they work on fire demons and cultists. Flaming Pillars always do full knockback to all heavyweight enemies like royal guards, stovefaces, and heavy coneheads, and when they aren't being resisted, the damage over time puts them ahead of vines. The flaming pillars also have longer range, so long story short, fire demon has better crowd control, as well as crowd clearing, but brute and snakey are better for boss slaying. To see how they compare watch this video. Fire Demon does have his moments too, as you can see here where I beat the troll mother on insane mode without juggling because I was real freaking bored one day and wanted to do something that wasn't impressive at all. Don't ask about my weird username in the video because I used to always name myself after random stupid anime characters on steam regularly.

On a side note, skeleton and cultist's splash attacks are the same speed as barbarian's, as seen here

Unrelated to the dispute between fire demon and brute/snakey, in this video I demonstrate how the difference in damage makes ninja comparable to red knight as far as boss slaying goes. Note: I missed the hairball once with Red Knight. Shave 30 seconds off of his time to balance out the difference.

Also another advantage for Fencer and Industrialist is that they make very talented musicians as seen here.

Updated the tiers slightly, but changed the top 10 in the bonus post from favorite to best. So far, I have put my own ranking and Aichomancer's ranking in, but I am open to other people's lists.

• Upvote 2

Leifster2003's Top Ten!

10. Orange Knight

9. King

8. Pink Knight

7. Blacksmith

6. Red Knight

5. Fencer

4. Necromancer

3. Skeleton

2. Blue Knight

1. Industrialist

BTW good thread.

How could Fencer not be the same as Industrialist? This is just your favorites, and not what's actually good.

Additionally, when I was addressing the difference between brute and snakey, I meant make brute 8 and snakey 8.5, not both 8.5 lol.

Edited by Aichomancer

Changed the entire order of the A Tier, and made a few small adjustments to other places.  I also fixed the descriptions of a few characters. Pretty soon, I'l add A1rPun's rankings as well; be sure to let me know if you want your top 10 rankings placed in.

Depends which bosses.

Overall I mean. If we're talking about catfish or painter then yes, but if we're talking about others then no. Like the barbarian boss, or antlions for example.

This is a great guide! Generally, all of your guides are incredibly useful, especially with the inclusion of Aicho's tiers as well, which gives a little bit more "objectiveness" to the whole article. 

However, I would absolutely love to see an own "Guides" subforum which would add quite a bit of clearness to the board, since there are numerous useful guides out here.

This is a great guide! Generally, all of your guides are incredibly useful, especially with the inclusion of Aicho's tiers as well, which gives a little bit more "objectiveness" to the whole article. 

However, I would absolutely love to see an own "Guides" subforum which would add quite a bit of clearness to the board, since there are numerous useful guides out here.

Thank you for the compliment!  A guides subforum wouldn't be all too helpful because I'm the only one that is making a lot of them.  I think the easier thing to do would be I just post a thread that links all of my guides to it, and having a mod sticky it.

Thank you for the compliment!  A guides subforum wouldn't be all too helpful because I'm the only one that is making a lot of them.  I think the easier thing to do would be I just post a thread that links all of my guides to it, and having a mod sticky it.

I made guides but then I realized that these forums are as dead as the wiki. Either way I still cover some of the more technical aspects of the game that you don't.

I tried Pink Knight recently and was insanely underwhelmed by its power,  I'm thinking of moving it down to 11, and moving the others all up 1.

I think his/her RT+Y attack is slightly delayed compared to the others, which is bad?

When you think about it, so is the RT+B attack, because its not really a bomb, which makes it a regular projectile with lower speed.... but I dunno.

If you think that delay's bad, you should see Hatty's.

I tried Pink Knight recently and was insanely underwhelmed by its power,  I'm thinking of moving it down to 11, and moving the others all up 1.

I think his/her RT+Y attack is slightly delayed compared to the others, which is bad?

When you think about it, so is the RT+B attack, because its not really a bomb, which makes it a regular projectile with lower speed.... but I dunno.

Hatty is in a league of his on in terms of horribleness...

Hatty is in a league of his on in terms of horribleness...

I've hated him so long that my heart has been hardened. Even if he's buffed in ccrm I still might not like him cause let's face it, even with a buff he still won't even be better than alien.

Speaking of alien I might like him more if he's buffed cause honestly I do like his magic because it's kind of like the massively dumbed-down version of my concept for the church store priest, and even though it's worthless for boss slaying, his splash can clear crowds and even at times has a good bit of crowd control just because the explosion is bigger AND more potent than that of a bomb. I think he's equal to Gray Knight because of that. If his projectile wasn't gimped and his air projectile had kickback then he might even be equal to Royal Guard and Conehead

Side note, Blacksmith isn't as buffed as we hoped, but at least he's still way better than he used to be.