Sign in to follow this  
Jamma003

Castle Crashers Golden Whale Pet Gone After Data Loss? (Xbox)

So I somehow lost almost all of my unlocked weapons, pets and gold in Castle Crashers. I was a dumdum and booted up local play as soon as I noticed, so chances of data recovery are gone. I dont really care about most of it as I can easily recover it all. But Hattys Golden Whale is proving to be a nightmare to reclaim.

I can still play as Hatty, and still have his green gem sword (neither were lost), and still see the whale in the ark. But everytime I go to pick it up, it does the weird locked animation that looks kinda like an electric shock.

The problem is I cant be given the whale by other players, or find it in the game. The only way to get it is to "have an achievement in Battleblock Theatre". I had 26 achievements though (now 27)... So far, here is what Ive tried to get it back:

• Delete Hattys character data and replay the game as him - Did nothing.
  • Delete his data again, clear the system cache, redo the update, and try to equip the whale - Did nothing.
  • Trek through the story of Battleblock Theatre to get the "Co-op Star" achievement and trigger the unlock of the whale again - Did nothing.

Before people say "You dont need the whale", trust me. I need the whale.

So does anyone know how I can get it back, hopefully without a full game reset? :(

-J

You've done all the troubleshooting steps I would have started with, so we're going to have to go deeper.

-----

1.  Delete Battleblock Theater and Castle Crashers from your Xbox 360's harddrive.(You will not have to repurchase these titles, you will just have to redownload)

2.  Delete your profile from the Xbox 360. Make sure you choose the option DELETE PROFILE ONLY. (You will not have to make a new profile, you will just have to recover it).

3.  Redownload your profile by selecting download profile from the Xbox Guide.

4.  Once your profile has been recovered, redownload Battleblock Theater.

5.  Once Battleblock Theater has been downloaded, redownload Castle Crashers.

6.  If possible, earn an achievement in Battleblock Theater. If not, simply boot BBT and complete a stage, then exit to main menu.

7.  Launch Castle Crashers, select Hatty, and proceed to the animal ark.

-----

Then try to get the Golden Whale and let me know what happens!

(And I agree - you absolutely need the whale. Whale is love. Whale is life.)

• Upvote 3

I logged onto my 360 for a little bit today and saw your message, Jamma.  I can definitely give you any weapons that you need again/help you level up (sorry didn't have time to message there because I haven't been at home all day).  I hope that this problem gets resolved for you soon!

• Upvote 1

I logged onto my 360 for a little bit today and saw your message, Jamma.  I can definitely give you any weapons that you need again/help you level up (sorry didn't have time to message there because I haven't been at home all day).  I hope that this problem gets resolved for you soon!

Thanks man. Ive got everything back now except for the 2 unobtainable weapons,(got these now) the whale, and the Sai. Stupid ninjas wont drop anything...

Im about to try Skylatrons' advice. I will report back in a few minutes. :)

UPDATE:

You've done all the troubleshooting steps I would have started with, so we're going to have to go deeper.

-----

1.  Delete Battleblock Theater and Castle Crashers from your Xbox 360's harddrive.(You will not have to repurchase these titles, you will just have to redownload)

2.  Delete your profile from the Xbox 360. Make sure you choose the option DELETE PROFILE ONLY. (You will not have to make a new profile, you will just have to recover it).

3.  Redownload your profile by selecting download profile from the Xbox Guide.

4.  Once your profile has been recovered, redownload Battleblock Theater.

5.  Once Battleblock Theater has been downloaded, redownload Castle Crashers.

6.  If possible, earn an achievement in Battleblock Theater. If not, simply boot BBT and complete a stage, then exit to main menu.

7.  Launch Castle Crashers, select Hatty, and proceed to the animal ark.

-----

Then try to get the Golden Whale and let me know what happens!

(And I agree - you absolutely need the whale. Whale is love. Whale is life.)

I tried this, but it still didnt do anything... I didnt get an achievement though, I just did a few levels.

Edited by Jamma003