Hazard

Hazard's Castle Crashers Animal Orb Guide

I don't really go to castlewiki; it's greatly outdated. I prefer castlecrashers.wikia.com. Fanmade, but more accurate.

TBH, The wikia is actually what I mean when I say to avoid anything it says because it's all so wrong... The castlepedia is outdated, but IIRC, there isn't anything just flat out wrong like there is everywhere around the wikia.

I can't wait for the main guide, will it be like TFK's Insane Mode Guide?

I don't want to blow my own horn, but I believe that it will be a lot more in depth.  It will be a lot of posts and at least a few pages long.

• Upvote 1

Hazard, I really want to contribute with knowledge of the game. For every level I know at least a couple of FACTS :P

/Offtopic

Nice that you moved the BP bear. I can feel your pain getting killed by it but it's such a low chance for me.

Edited by A1rPun
  • Upvote 1

Nice that you moved the BP bear. I can feel your pain getting killed by it but it's such a low chance for me.

I mean, technically, it's a 100% chance that it will kill you, but if you take preventative measures... It honestly just depends on your damage taken to damage dealt ratio :-P
  • Upvote 1

I mean, technically, it's a 100% chance that it will kill you, but if you take preventative measures... It honestly just depends on your damage taken to damage dealt ratio :-P

Typically one the later half of the insane map (enemies doing 350 damage per hit), you can survive 3 hits and have about 5 - 25 health left; enough for BP Bear to kill you.  Once I get that low of health, I like to wait to use the potion (level up soon or when I'm in a safe level [no projectile magic/arrow enemies]).  The second you take that third hit, BP bear is coming for your head.

• Upvote 2

I forgot to mention about the Hawkster XP thing, that it is impossible for you to gain XP while juggling an enemy, whereas with Girafrey he will give you XP no matter what happens

• Upvote 1

I forgot to mention about the Hawkster XP thing, that it is impossible for you to gain XP while juggling an enemy, whereas with Girafrey he will give you XP no matter what happens

Actually, XP is gained at a rate of 1 XP per hit. The misconception comes when you're just throwing around dead bodies, because the developers were smart enough to stop giving you XP when somebody dies :-D

Actually, XP is gained at a rate of 1 XP per hit. The misconception comes when you're just throwing around dead bodies, because the developers were smart enough to stop giving you XP when somebody dies :-D

I mean how Hawkster can't peck an animal in the air, while Girafrey will give you XP (until the enemy dies) in the air. Hope that clerifies! :-)

• Upvote 2

I mean how Hawkster can't peck an animal in the air, while Girafrey will give you XP (until the enemy dies) in the air. Hope that clerifies! :-)

It seems like Hawkster really likes to immobilize (peck) enemies when they get close to you.  That's not the greatest thing when you want to pick them up as part of your juggle, but he freezes it just too far away to pick up. 

I think it's misleading to call magic the worst stat, as I think this only applies to pets, because on your character's own stats defense is easily the worst stat, for me at least.

To this day I have never had a trouble with BiPolar Bear on insane mode, and I honestly think that it's just the rare exception when he actually does kill you. But I guess the Necrosane fight is a bad idea to bring him to in general so I'm not saying that's not a valid point.

No tier update yet, but one is coming soon.  I added top 10 lists for myself and aichomancer.  Let me know if you would like to have your top 10 put in.