Morg

The Obligatory Super Mario Maker Thread

Super Mario Maker is right around the corner, and I figured I would make a thread for this game, one reason being that we can share our custom made levels here as well as give advice and critiques, among other things related to the game.

Since it isn't September 11th yet, the game isn't out for the public as of yet. So I think we ought to talk about some things we're excited for / dissapointed in / curious about.

Personally I'm kinda sad to hear that amiibo costumes only work in the 8-bit style, it would have been really cool to see them work in Mario 3 / Mario World styles.

• Upvote 3

I'm really dissapointed that you unlock the items, even though it only takes, like, 7 days, I still think it's a bad idea. But other than that I'm super stoked.

Most of the amiibos are pretty cute (except Sonic, eww), I might even have to take Pac Man out of his box, because he looks amazing. The way you can combine things is really cool. Stilettos are fab. So excited... To play other people's levels. Mines will suck.

• Upvote 1

I expected this game to be booty, but the more I saw about it, the better it started to look. I'm super stoked too.

I'm really dissapointed that you unlock the items, even though it only takes, like, 7 days, I still think it's a bad idea.

9 days, but you can "time travel" by changing the system time and get everything in a matter of an hour or two.
  • Upvote 1

Not sure if anyone else has the game but I'll assume you do and since you do have the game here is a level code for one of my levels:

345B-0000-001A-AB92

• Upvote 3

Thank god Ultanoka bumped this because I was totally about to make another thread for this game on accident

Anyways SHARE THOSE LEVELS! I need a decent challenge! Maybe we could have a sort of directory in the OP for peoples' levels?

Thank god Ultanoka bumped this because I was totally about to make another thread for this game on accident

Anyways SHARE THOSE LEVELS! I need a decent challenge! Maybe we could have a sort of directory in the OP for peoples' levels?

3B39 0000 0024 61A6

I want to point out that you're the only person I know, aside from myself, who has beaten the level that I've posted above. Needless to say, anyone who wants to try this out, good luck.

• Upvote 2

3B39 0000 0024 61A6

I want to point out that you're the only person I know, aside from myself, who has beaten the level that I've posted above. Needless to say, anyone who wants to try this out, good luck.

Yeah your level is indeed pretty difficult, it was quite an impressive challenge!  :-D

3B39 0000 0024 61A6

Beat it.

it only took like 40 deaths

• Upvote 2

Not sure if anyone else has the game but I'll assume you do and since you do have the game here is a level code for one of my levels:

345B-0000-001A-AB92

Holy cow what is it with you guys and underwater death spike mazes? This one wasn't too difficult after the first obstacle though, but maybe that's just because Gareth's level really trained me for these kinds of levels. Anyways there were some cool stuff in this level like the fireballs and the use of seaweed platforms, so good job!
  • Upvote 1

...I made my underwater spike level before Gareth did :C

Oh yeah and I'll upload my levels soon

• Upvote 1

New level:

9B58-0000-0030-B54B

I've been working on it for the past day so hopefully nothing is wrong with it.

It's not underwater.

• Upvote 1

New level:

9B58-0000-0030-B54B

I've been working on it for the past day so hopefully nothing is wrong with it.

It's not underwater.

I'm playing it right now, holy cow this is brutal

EDIT: Dammit I can't believe I have to give up, but I honestly have no clue how I'm supposed to beat that. I spent a solid 30 minutes on the first obstacle trying absolutely everything. Fantastic job on making that, it's too bad I never got to see the rest of the level though :/

Did this game end up being pretty good, then? I was expecting something not as good as existing, fanmade level editors when they announced it, for some reason. 

Did this game end up being pretty good, then? I was expecting something not as good as existing, fanmade level editors when they announced it, for some reason. 

The level editor is pretty awesome, but it's particularly great because of everything else that's included aside from the level editor. Tbh I've had more fun playing through other peoples' levels and earning amiibo costumes than I've had with a mainline 2D Mario game in years. Well worth the $60

wow such good level

3DF2-0000-004C-6B4D

I've actually been working on a real level the past few days but you have to beat your own level before you can upload it so... It might be a while before I upload another real level. I made this one as more of a joke for people who play 100 man Mario. I wonder if it'll work...

In other news, I've actually gotten a few streamers/youtubers to try their hand at my Labyrinth level(9B58-0000 0030-B54B) and so far only one person other than me has beaten it.

If you're interested in spoiling it for yourself here's a video: Warning: contains a naughty swear word

Edited by Ultanoka
  • Upvote 1

I've spent the past few days trying to make a "Bowser Boss Battle" level where you can't skip the battle by jumping over bowser and getting to the exit. This level is the result of that, I honestly don't think it's hard or overkill compared to my previous 2 levels.

Level Code: 1563 0000 0052 BC5E

i made an level is called tough beans: ABF8-0000-0059-35DF

I got this game yesterday and I'm loving it. Don't have everything yet, though, so I couldn't quite make 'Tough beans' the level I've always wanted, but hay-ho.

Edited by daikonboy101

Made a new level called Toasty Marshmellows

CEB7-0000-007E-8FCF

It's a decent challenge but nothing too difficult. Speaking of difficult... No one has completed my first stage Spike Land yet! How disappointing!