Morg

The Obligatory Super Mario Maker Thread

It's been a while since I've made a level so here's an easy one:

6D98-0000-009C-E67C

I'm currently working on another level and It's looking good so far.

14a15e9b271d485b4e890d6d9c6d211b.png

So, is it because of the patch that my level was taken down, or was it just because it stinked? Anyway, I edited some bits, made a bit a tad more forgiving, made a bit a tad harder, added a checkpoint, took out a stupid bit and re-uploaded it: 7BFB-0000-00E0-162B 

Not that any of you dweebs even got to the parts that I edited lol losers

By the way, is anybody here still playing this game? Because I kinda ain't. The lack of an end goal makes it really easy to stop playing whenever. Unless you wanna make teh most dankest auto-level ever, and get everybody to like you.

The actual levels are fun, though, and I love them.

Yeah to be honest I haven't been playing it at all lately, my original goal was to collect all of the amiibo costumes but I quickly gave that one up. I think part of the reason I stopped is because I couldn't figure out how to get the new shipments of level-building tools early, and I kept having to wait. I should really get back to that game and make some new levels with the checkpoint stuff though (and to make sure none of my amazing levels got taken down either).

If Mario Maker gets an update, this thread needs updating too. Here's a few of my favorite levels I made:

Run, Run, Mario! ID: BE84-0000-003A-9938

A course I made a while ago that is based on the Run Run Rottytops segment in Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. You have to race a spiny shell to the finish and avoid deadly obstacles!

I recommend you listen to this while you play the course: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9CyxL1gpTE 

Touch Coin, Get Dizzy ID: DF3F-0000-0048-FF00

A course that is inspired by Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy from Yoshi's Island. Every coin in the stage will make you dizzy, so avoid them at all costs! Try to beat the stage without collecting any.

ROB VS. Wall: The 60 Second Pain ID: CC2B-0000-0072-BFAA

This course is my all time favorite. In 60 seconds, you must get ROB to the castle and avoid being crushed by the closing walls. You should note that this course is also my brother's least favorite.

Don't Run, Just Jump! ID: 598C-0000-01EE-4C97

An "auto" level... sort of. As the title implies, Mario will automatically be pushed forward and you have to jump at just the right moment to win. EXPERT DIFFICULTY.

• Upvote 1

I forgot to share levels here so here's a level I made a few weeks ago:

Spooky Surprises - C9E5-0000-01D4-33EB

The gimmick of the level is hitting blocks and turning on and off the lights and when the lights are off there are SpOoKy surprises

if you dont wanna play it then you can watch videos of it i guess

• Upvote 2

Oh this thread is a thing. Whoops ;-)

I'll definitely try to check out your course this weekend, and maybe post a few of my own here as well! It sounds interesting :-D

I forgot to share levels here so here's a level I made a few weeks ago:

Spooky Surprises - C9E5-0000-01D4-33EB

The gimmick of the level is hitting blocks and turning on and off the lights and when the lights are off there are SpOoKy surprises

if you dont wanna play it then you can watch videos of it i guess

wouldn't be surprised if this ended up on Kaizo Mario Maker at some point. (from what I know some runners at agdq found some of the actual hardest levels that are very creative in their own ways, and put them together into a single "playlist" of levels for the runners to complete.) Anyways, that looks amazing, and it seems that your levels are like miniature puzzles that each one requires a great mix of platforming skill and intelligence to complete. Also reaction time and quick thinking if you count the ending segment.

One of my levels got removed from my online list :(

I know the feeling, one of mine did like 2 hours after I uploaded it and I have no idea why