Sign in to follow this  
EliteDANKlord

Pet/animal Orb Tiers (Unfinished)

Hello, I'm EliteDANKlord. I am a new member of the forums, so chances are you haven't seen me a lot. I am a very knowledgeable player of the game Castle Crashers, and I have mastered XYY Levitation, Juggling and Combo Locking. Today I'll talk about which pets are the ones you should use. I hope you'll learn something new today!

This list will compare the advantages and disadvantages, and how well they do on Insane Mode is almost necessary for being decently high on the list. 

S Tier

1.) BiPolar Bear - S++

Advantages: Prevents overkill, cumulative effective for XP, mauls enemies with 11 HP or less, mauls bosses wih 11% health, disadvantage is one of the easiest to avoid

Disadvantages: Mauls allies and even the user with 11 HP or less

BiPolar Bear is a fantastic pet, especially for Insane Mode. Now, your first thoughts might be "This pet can kill me? He's horrible!", but that isn't the case. You see, overtime, the player develops skill and work raound it, because most of the time the chances of your health going below 11 HP are astronomical (without dying), especially Insane Mode. In other words, BiPolar Bear is only bad if you have an embarrassing lack of skill. 

A nice bonus to this pet is that he prevents overkill on enemies because you'll exactly when an enemy is dead. Lots of experienced and skilled players tend to overkill with their juggles, but BiPolar Bear trims that process down to make efficient playing in any level with enemies, so that makes him even good for farming as well as gamnplay

BiPolar Bear will also maul any boss with less than 11 PERCENT of their HP left. This makes BiPolar Bear the single best pet to bring to any boss fight. You still get XP every time you hit the boss, so you still reap the benefits. BiPolar Bear does 32-96 damage per hit, hitting about 3-5 times per second. 

2.) Hawkster - S+

Advantages: Collects fruit from dead enemies, attacks fallen enemies, very useful for XP accumulation, can perform critical hits, shock, freeze, burn and poison

Disadvantages: Enemies must be killed one at a time to achieve maximum potency, which may cause trouble food can be intercepted by other players and Thieves, attacking enemies is very ineffective when XP is not needed

Hawkster is an amazing pet for Insane Mode. His main power is pecking enemies doing 1 damage. While this may seem bad, it can help immensely with XP. It's other power, is why it's considered to be top tier. This is because of his ability to retrieve food from dead bodies. This REALLY comes in handy, because he's able to gather fruit from every single enemy in wave (which also saves TONS of potions), provided you kill them one at a time, which brings us to it's first disadvantage; enemies must be killed one at a time for you to retrieve fruit from ALL enemies. This can be a problem if you;re low on health, because you may have to drop a juggle in order to receive that piece of fruit from a dead enemy while also putting yourself in danger. 

Not helping is the fact that other players and Thieves can intercept food. This can be a huge problem when facing a large group of enemies, like Necromancer's Minions, because one player with full health may end up taking food from another player that needed it the most. However, this can also be a good thing, as Hawkster can end up being a team medic for the other players. Lastly, Hawkster's pecks do almost nothing to enemies for a level 99, but this is a minor disadvantage anyways. 

Regardless, Hawkster is still an amazing pet. A last noteworthy thing is that Hawkster works REALLY well ith some pets. This includes;

Piggy

Rammy

BiPolar Bear

Monkeyface

Troll

However, he is more geared towards newer players where BiPolar Bear is good for expeienced players like myself, which is why he isn't higher.

3.) Piggy - S+

Advantages: Fruit gives 2.0x more health than normal, Turkey Legs and Hamburgers give 1.5x as much, ability can't be negated by other players and Theives, only pet with no disadvantages (besides a few stat pets)

Disadvantages: None

Piggy is a great pet. He doubles the amount of health fruit gives, and makes Turkey Legs give 1.5x as much health! This alone makes Piggy a VERY good pet, especially places where there is a lot of fruit, such as Wedding Crash and Necromancer (every enemy at Necromancer gives fruit, making him the best pet for that level). A nice bonus is that this only effects the player who's using him, so unlike Hawkster, your power can't be nerfed in Multiplayer, making him a versatile pet for Co-Op. Not only that, but he doesn't have a single thing wrong with, so you don't fall short in any areas! This may be the most useful pet in Multiplayer. The only reason  he isn't ranked high is because the pets above are better for Solo, but if you're playing with friends, you should DEFINITELY use this pet!

4.) Meowburt - S

Advantages: Gives 3+ agility

Disadvantages: None

Meowburt is the king of all the stat pets because he provides the best stat of the four stats. Agility is probably the most underrated stat in the game. Many players dismiss this as a bad stat as they believe that Agility only helps with your bow and speed. However, Agility has MUCH more advantages. For instance, moving faster would mean that dodging would increase and aligning with enemies will be much easier. It also helps with juggling by making it so you don't drop your juggles from lack of speed. I haven't even touched upon the massive improvements with your Bow. Speaking of which your bow has the least effect on XP accumulation so you don't have to worry about losing XP as much as the other 2 offensive stats. To add icing to the cake, it has the least disadvantages AND the most advantages making Agility THE best stat in the game. It's ONLY shortcoming is the fact that it effects your XP accumulation, but there is a very easy workaround, not using your bow at all. 

A Tier

5.) Bitey Bat - A+

Advantages: Bites an enemy's head and holds them in place for a few seconds, inflicts damage by biting, biting can't be blocked or dodged, sets up juggles and combos

Disadvantages: Biting can be avoided in the air

Bitey Bat is Rammy if he set up juggles instead of interrupting them. That, my friends, is what you call beauty. He's probably the best arena pet in the game, rivaling Scratchpaw.  

TIE - 6.) Rammy - A+

Advantages: Knocks over enemies by charging, charging can't be blocked, good for XP accumulation

Disadvantages: Charge can be dodged, interrupts combos, enemies have to be lined up to hit them

Rammy is one of the best pets for a beginner. He knocks enemies off there feet; plain and simple. Because of this (and the fact that he hits multiple enemies) Rammy is the best Crowd Control pet AND the best pet for handling beefies. He also obtains lots of XP, particularly Troll Mother and any level with slimes and can help prevent you from being mobbed by enemies. 

However, Rammy tends to be very bad to those who are more reliant on Ground Combos. An example is a technique called Combo Locking, where Rammy with CONSTANTLY interrupt combos. Enemies also need to be lined up with you to actually hit, but this is a small problem. Charging can be dodged as well, but this is a minor problem as well.

Overall, Rammy is a good pet to bring with you, as it is one of the best combat pets in the game. However, if you use ground combos a lot then this pet can be a lot of trouble for you.

That's all for now, I'll finish this later. I'm really lazy right now :P

Edited by EliteDANKlord
  • Upvote 2

So far it looks similar identical to the pet tiers at the wikia,  I hope that changes soon. Your descriptions are by far better than the wikia's though.

Edited by Hazard

So far it looks similar identical to the pet tiers at the wikia,  I hope that changes soon. Your descriptions are by far better than the wikia's though.

Implying that it's a bad thing?

The wikia was made by a bunch of 11 year olds, who had no clue what they were doing. They were convinced by Hazard a few years ago that the Ninjer has a quicker melee, even though that is wrong, you can ask anybody who is an expert at the game. I do not suggest using the Wikia for a guide, for a guide, just pay attention to Hazard, he has pretty much 100% completed this game, and has been playing for around 6 years.

• Upvote 1

The wikia was made by a bunch of 11 year olds, who had no clue what they were doing. They were convinced by Hazard a few years ago that the Ninjer has a quicker melee, even though that is wrong, you can ask anybody who is an expert at the game. I do not suggest using the Wikia for a guide, for a guide, just pay attention to Hazard, he has pretty much 100% completed this game, and has been playing for around 6 years.

I'm actually an admin there...

do you hate me now?

Edited by EliteDANKlord

do you hate me now?

I'm not just going to hate you for that, but I guess that explains why the guides are identical to each other.

do you hate me now?

I'm not just going to hate you for that, but I guess that explains why the guides are identical to each other.

I actually didn't make the tier list, a fellow player named Aichomancer did, mostly because he's like 20 times more experience than me. His credibility is 15 Gold Skulls, all white skulls, Inventor of XXYY juggling against Heavyweights, owner of lots of useful guides on steam, and a few more stuff but I'm not sure he actually invented them so I won't list them.

I'm not gonna make this list identical to that one, that'd just be pointless, but I still do agree that most of the rankings are right. That's why my list looks similar to his. 

I actually didn't make the tier list, a fellow player named Aichomancer did, mostly because he's like 20 times more experience than me. His credibility is 15 Gold Skulls, all white skulls, Inventor of XXYY juggling against Heavyweights, owner of lots of useful guides on steam, and a few more stuff but I'm not sure he actually invented them so I won't list them.

My credibility is 7 years [almost], 31 Gold Skulls [solo], NoPot runs of Necrosane with Green Knight, Hatty,Alien, King [and all the good characters], and arena domination of anyone stupid enough to bring me there.  

do you hate me now?

I'm not gonna make this list identical to that one, that'd just be pointless, but I still do agree that most of the rankings are right. That's why my list looks similar to his. 

Edited by Hazard

Good point, I also don't like how they argue so much...

My credibility is 7 years [almost], 31 Gold Skulls [solo], NoPot runs of Necrosane with Green Knight, Hatty,Alien, King [and all the good characters], and arena domination of anyone stupid enough to bring me there.  

do you hate me now?

I definitely don't hate you. What I do hate how Aichomancer and Nog-random numbers act like Gods that know everything around there when they probably aren't even very good.  I know nothing about how good Nog is. I know for sure that Aichomancer completely overrates himself, acting like he's the best and whatever he says is the end all, be all fact. I especially don't like that he thinks all of that, with only having a measly 15 gold skulls. I also don't like how they so quickly accept a rumor to be a fact.  The wikia was amazing 2 years ago, before they showed up and ruined it all; they do have potential to fix it.

Nog has 1 gold skull and 30 white skulls...in the span of five years....

To be fair Aichomancer only just started like 2-3 years ago, so you gotta give him credit for catching up so fast.

YAY YOU DON'T HATE ME! :D 

Edited by EliteDANKlord
  • Upvote 1

I saw this in a couple pages, it shows why the wikia is so dysfunctional though xD  We're a much better and more accepting community IMO (#notsosubtlebrag #TBF FTW)  I think//hope that you'll like it here a lot more

Why is he the top rank?? He sound like absolute garbage, you really need to get him demoted as fast as possible!!!

To be fair Aichomancer only just started like 2-3 years ago, so you gotta give him credit for catching up so fast.

I guess, but I got my first gold skull at the end of 2012 and I skipped all of 2013.  In 2014,  I got up to 18 but a friend data reset me.  I spent the rest of that year bringing my characters back to their old spot [You can see in the gold skull count thread that I took a break.  Then this year I finished the job in about 3 weeks :)]

YAY YOU DON'T HATE ME!  :D

Not at all!!  You seem pretty nice, just you have some bad ideas stuck in your head from the wikia.  I was a huge contributor there in 2011 and created a ton of rumors that got traction and became the truth there.. Thank me for creating - Ninja Melee rumor, Fencer has a faster recharge, Red Knight is utter garbage (regret this one), and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Back on topic, I really hope that Scratchpaw is near the top; hopefully next.  

Edited by Hazard

I saw this in a couple pages, it shows why the wikia is so dysfunctional though xD  We're a much better and more accepting community IMO (#notsosubtlebrag #TBF FTW)  I think//hope that you'll like it here a lot more

Why is he the top rank?? He sound like absolute garbage, you really need to get him demoted as fast as possible!!!

I guess, but I got my first gold skull at the end of 2012 and I skipped all of 2013.  In 2014,  I got up to 18 but a friend data reset me.  I spent the rest of that year bringing my characters back to their old spot [You can see in the gold skull count thread that I took a break.  Then this year I finished the job in about 3 weeks :)]

YAY YOU DON'T HATE ME!  :D

Not at all!!  You seem pretty nice, just you have some bad ideas stuck in your head from the wikia.  I was a huge contributor there in 2011 and created a ton of rumors that got traction and became the truth there.. Thank me for creating - Ninja Melee rumor, Fencer has a faster recharge, Red Knight is utter garbage (regret this one), and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Back on topic, I really hope that Scratchpaw is near the top; hopefully next.  

I am friends with Aicho on Steam, and you can't make a single guide without him calling it cancer. He thinks everything he says is fact, when in reality he's not. He is very hard to talk to as well, as when you say your opinion he writes 5 paragraphs on how it's not true. And he delivers it in a way that it sounds like a fact. But now I am starting to think for myself and not believing everything Aicho said (He is not 100% wrong, and is actually a pretty nice person if you get to know him.) I've made sort of a mini tier list for myself. Now I know the fencer really isn't the best in the game. I've played around a bit and found that the blue knight is amazing. 

Anyway, if you really hate that Wikia, you should start your own. Sort of life a rebel wiki. You have great credibility to do it, and I'm great with making info boxes if you needed it. I don't know, it's just a thought. You'd get a lot of people to hate you, though. :|

I am friends with Aicho on Steam, and you can't make a single guide without him calling it cancer. He thinks everything he says is fact, when in reality he's not.

I feel like he would call my guides so much cancer that it would give him cancer xD

He is very hard to talk to as well, as when you say your opinion he writes 5 paragraphs on how it's not true.

That's what I've seen based on my time looking at the wikia

And he delivers it in a way that it sounds like a fact.

The hivemind belief has become whatever he says, so It is very hard to convince people otherwise.

But now I am starting to think for myself and not believing everything Aicho said (He is not 100% wrong, and is actually a pretty nice person if you get to know him.) I've made sort of a mini tier list for myself. Now I know the fencer really isn't the best in the game. I've played around a bit and found that the blue knight is amazing. 

I'm glad that you're discovering that Indy and Fencer are overrated, Blue Knight is bae!

Anyway, if you really hate that Wikia, you should start your own. Sort of life a rebel wiki. You have great credibility to do it, and I'm great with making info boxes if you needed it. I don't know, it's just a thought. You'd get a lot of people to hate you, though.  :|

I don't really want to make a wiki, but I could help you with anything and edit any pages if you (or anyone else) made one. And know if you want to say your own opinion, I will probably back it (I'm assuming A1rPun would too)  I don't worry about hate from kids on the internet, I breathe it.  How many gold skulls do you have? Just wondering.

Scratchpaw is A+ Tier, I'll give you that much  ;)

I'm really glad to hear that, that's my main pet.

Edited by Hazard

I am friends with Aicho on Steam, and you can't make a single guide without him calling it cancer. He thinks everything he says is fact, when in reality he's not.

I feel like he would call my guides so much cancer that it would give him cancer xD

He is very hard to talk to as well, as when you say your opinion he writes 5 paragraphs on how it's not true.

That's what I've seen based on my time looking at the wikia

And he delivers it in a way that it sounds like a fact.

The hivemind belief has become whatever he says, so It is very hard to convince people otherwise.

But now I am starting to think for myself and not believing everything Aicho said (He is not 100% wrong, and is actually a pretty nice person if you get to know him.) I've made sort of a mini tier list for myself. Now I know the fencer really isn't the best in the game. I've played around a bit and found that the blue knight is amazing. 

I'm glad that you're discovering that Indy and Fencer are overrated, Blue Knight is bae!

Anyway, if you really hate that Wikia, you should start your own. Sort of life a rebel wiki. You have great credibility to do it, and I'm great with making info boxes if you needed it. I don't know, it's just a thought. You'd get a lot of people to hate you, though.  :|

I don't really want to make a wiki, but I could help you with anything and edit any pages if you (or anyone else) made one. And know if you want to say your own opinion, I will probably back it (I'm assuming A1rPun would too)  I don't worry about hate from kids on the internet, I breathe it.  How many gold skulls do you have? Just wondering.

Scratchpaw is A+ Tier, I'll give you that much  ;)

I'm really glad to hear that, that's my main pet.

Gold skulls? Technically, none. Sad to say. I have a lot of knowledge about the game, though. I research it a ton and confirm a lot of things with tests. But I am halfway done with insane mode and I play a lot of normal to be knowledgable about it. I started last fall with my friend and bought it for myself this summer on steam. So yeah, I'm not a real OP insane player.

Ok, lets do it! I have the programming skills to set up a really nice page for it.. Or we can just use the default templates :D

• Upvote 1

I can help you guys with this wiki, I am fairly knowledgeable. 

Ok, lets do it! I have the programming skills to set up a really nice page for it.. Or we can just use the default templates :D

I know a lot about the game, and I can test things on the xbox 360 version if you need a crash test dummy :-D

Bruh this is almost exactly like my tiers on the wiki.

I'll give you the benefit of a doubt and assume great minds think alike, since I'm pretty sure on my list meowburt was higher than Piggy.