IMPOSSABLANK

The Nostalgia Of Childhood

My childhood was filled with almost exclusively roblox when it came to videogames. I just checked out my old profile and it was so dead it made me cringe. So just for the sake of it, what was a game from your childhood that you dont really play anymore :3

Also if your curious my roblox profile was thisisnotjustin12.

I remember this game which was some kind of... Mario Party meets Pokémon and... Spore I guess? something like that. It was a weird as hell game called Amazing Island, made by SEGA for the GameCube.

You had to create your own "monsters" by kind of drawing them with the control stick of the controller, and then you would put them against other monsters in minigames and stuff of the sort, so you could get more materials/designs/colors for them. Back in the day I considered that game pretty awesome... now I look at it and I don't know why I liked it that much.

Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden was my life when I was younger. Up until very recently I looked back on that game with rose-tinted glasses.

Turns out Sonic Adventure 2 isn't very great. I never play it anymore.

• Upvote 3

I used to play roblox, back in 2010.

Ah, those were the good old days... and then they started making it Pay to Play.

Shame.

My childhood game would have to be Pokemon Special Pikachu Edition for GBA, or Crash Bandicoot on the PS1.

...And now I need to go dust off my handy-dandy GBA Emulator and relive some memories. :D

Sonic Adventure 2's Chao Garden was my life when I was younger. Up until very recently I looked back on that game with rose-tinted glasses.

Turns out Sonic Adventure 2 isn't very great. I never play it anymore.

Holy cow did I play the heck out of this game, I agree it's a pretty sucky game in retrospect, but I easily put over a 100 hours into that game as a kid. The kart racing levels especially were horrible in every way imaginable.

I also have a lot of nostalgia for Pokemon Emerald, which was my first Pokemon game. Played the heck out of that too, but eventually I lost my copy along with my level 100 Blaziken. Very sad... but then I actually found my original copy recently, which was amazing! Never thought I'd find it after it being lost for like 10 years, it was great discovering that and seeing my original squad of Pokemon from when I was a kid.

Some other games I loved as a wee lad:

-Super Mario Bros 3, which my friend and I played constantly at a daycare when we were young

-Super Mario World, which I played at that same friend's house many times

-Super Monkey Ball Jr, which is the first game I ever owned. Horrible compared to the Gamecube version, but they're very similar so I guess I have heavy nostalgia for them both

-Sonic Heroes, which I will totally defend as being a good game no matter what anyone says

• Upvote 2

The first game I ever played was Mario Sunshine. I loved it, but it's really meh now that I think about it.

I spent a lot of time playing a Gamecube game called Pokemon Channel... I think you tried to meet Pokemon and then you would get a card with them on it or something, and you played tic tac toe with Pikachu. I can remember being really annoyed that I couldn't figure out how to wake up Snorlax, since he was my absolute favourite Pokemon back then. There was also little mini games on a tamagotchi thing that were amazing.

Also, there was a lot of playing Smash with my brothers. A scary amount of Smash.

Generally a lot of SNES, N64 and Gamecube, and they were all new to me at the same time. It was awesome.

One last thing. Every Christmas Eve we would all huddle around a TV and play this terrible game called 'Prehistoric Man' for the SNES, we never finished it. We still try to do it, but we usually forget. I dunno why we chose that game of all games, but whatever.

I played a lot of sonic when I was a child for the Sega Genesis/Megadrive. Sonic the hedgehog 1 and 2 also Sonic 3D blast was fun. but the most that I played was Sonic Heroes and Sonic Adventure 2 battle for the Gamecube. 

Obviously I can't miss out Pokemon. My first Pokemon game being Gold and then every Pokemon game after that (except from a couple of the new ones). It was a lot of fun my favorite being either Leaf Green or Sapphire. So many fun times I had battling my brother being one of those times who always picked up the opposite that I had e.g. Fire Red or Ruby. Being cheaper than a console game and the handheld also being cheaper than an actual console I guess it was more accessible.

Other games that I played when I was a child:

- Streets of Rage

- Some of the Star Wars games 

- Dragon Ball Z Budokai/Tenkaichi (again mainly because me and my brother fought on it a lot)

- Devil May Cry

- Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (Don't know how old a childhood is classed as but I still class an 11 year old as a kid)

A side note on Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance although I loved this game and played it to death and this is what started my love for all things Metal Gear. I got super creeped near the end with all the 4th wall breaking and a face that is burned into my memory and something I will never forget. 

Edited by Abz2141
  • Upvote 1

Kingdom Hearts was my thing, and I never actually finished, played through the second game but never finished the first one, I played Sunset Riders, and it's still really fun. BURY ME WITH MY MONEY! That's something I'll never forget.

My childhood? Good question, as it wasn't just games....

My Gaming Story:

In my Pre-Internet/Gaming years I played either outside with my neighbors or inside with legos. Legos were the big thing for me. I was a huge fan of LEGO Bionicle. I've been reliving my early years recently by watching some of their commercials, and it made me want to be young again....

I feel old. That was 2007. Wow. 

(Let me just put the rest in spoilers)

Bionicle was my main activity and I played a lot of their online games along with some others on the LEGO website. They were crappy and boring but I loved them mainly because they were my only gaming option and I just loved controlling my favorite characters.

Then, my Nana up the street got a Wii for us grandkids to use. I played that a bit, and loved it. I played lots of the LEGO games and I got thought they were the best games on the face of this earth. Later we got an Xbox 360, and it introduced me into a whole new world of games. I thought back then if I played any game rated T I'd go to jail, so I got really mad at my brothers for playing COD or something. But all I really played was Madden 9(ish?) and LEGO Star Wars. Eventually we bought Minecraft on the 360 and I started playing a lot with my friends. This is what brought me to online gaming. Eventually me and my friends played the Castle Crashers Demo and loved it. I never ended up buying it, though, so it just sat in my Games Library.

Around this time (maybe before) my brother gave me his DS and I played I think Yoshi's Island(?), LEGO Star Wars, and LEGO Indiana Jones. I loved these and are really what brought me into games.

Then here's the real turning point of my story: My friend wants me to buy TF2. He says it's the best game on the face of this earth. So I install Steam, make an account, and wait 5-10 hours for the game to download. (Thanks, outdated computer.) When it downloaded we switched off and it was an okay game, but laggy and really hard for noobs like us. 

Eventually Steam updates it's software so my computer isn't compatible anymore. 

Then I was introduced by a friend to FNAF, which I was really interested in and read a lot about it in the Steam forums via my browser. This sparked my interest for steam and I eventually downloaded it again on my new computer. At this point, I only played BBT and CC on my friend's xbox 360 and I loved it and signed up for TBF.

Eventually I bought CC and BBT for myself on the Steam summer sale. I loved them to pieces and they have become my favorite games. 

So now I rarely use my Xbox 360 and just play CC and BBT (more or less) on my Steam account. 

So that's my story of gaming. What's yours?

Edited by U-Knighted

The first game I ever played was Mario Sunshine. I loved it, but it's really meh now that I think about it.

Interesting, I'm the total opposite. When I first got that game I was severely disappointed in it. I played Super Mario 64 religiously with my sister at a very young age, so I have a deep nostalgia for it, and Sunshine seemed like such a radical departure that at the time I looked down on it as a lesser product.

Since then though, I've gone back to it and have a large amount of respect for the risks it took in its design and mechanics, and it currently sits in my personal top 5 games of all time, above Mario 64 or any of the other 3D Mario platformers.

Interesting, I'm the total opposite. When I first got that game I was severely disappointed in it. I played Super Mario 64 religiously with my sister at a very young age, so I have a deep nostalgia for it, and Sunshine seemed like such a radical departure that at the time I looked down on it as a lesser product.

Since then though, I've gone back to it and have a large amount of respect for the risks it took in its design and mechanics, and it currently sits in my personal top 5 games of all time, above Mario 64 or any of the other 3D Mario platformers.

I respect it. I respect it a ton. I think that some of the levels are really well made, and I think that making F.L.U.D.D at all was a pretty big risk. However, some of the levels are stupid and frustrating, like the pachinko machine, any Yoshi level or the chain chomp levels in the world that's a square with some mushrooms. I also think it's dissapointing that the game has even less levels than Mario 64, no matter how much fancier most of them are, the one I've already mentioned and the one with the sand bird are tiny, and are both pretty bad, to be honest, the prior moreso.

But some of the levels are good.

• Upvote 1