Sign in to follow this  
FrogBussoms

Questions About The Steam Edition

So I have a few questions I would like to be answered if at all possible.

Will you guys be preventing hackers from ruining the leaderboards on the new edition ?

Also are you guys going to rollback character save data ? To remove the hacked / cheated character lists people achieved ?

Will you guys rollback the leaderboards to make it an actual competitive achievement to accomplish ranks on the leaderboards ? It's something that always upset me about the game.. I worked so very hard to get gold skulls & alot of experience on a character to increase rank but it was always full of hackers on the top of the board...

If you guys do infact fix the hacking & leaderboards will you guys take action when the same problem springs up again ? Because I assume hackers will find their way back to hacking the game eventually.

Please don't give up on us over on steam :-(

There is many of us who love every aspect of the game and even the leaderboards needs attention too !

The way they changed the ranking system on the Remastered edition is by measuring kills instead of exp.  It sucks becasue it doesn't correctly measure how much damage or contribution the player is doing in the game, just if they land the final blow.  At least there aren't any -1's on the top anymore.  It's just annoying to see some of my friends who never play ahead of me because it only measures that of your top character and not the combined total of all of them.  I use many different characters and don't rely on the same ones over and over again so I'm not that high on mine. 

The way they changed the ranking system on the Remastered edition is by measuring kills instead of exp.  It sucks becasue it doesn't correctly measure how much damage or contribution the player is doing in the game, just if they land the final blow.  At least there aren't any -1's on the top anymore.  It's just annoying to see some of my friends who never play ahead of me because it only measures that of your top character and not the combined total of all of them.  I use many different characters and don't rely on the same ones over and over again so I'm not that high on mine. 

Yikes. I hate that.

• Upvote 1

Actually forgotten, it measures all of your kills together; it just displays your highest xp character.

I don't like how steam players could use a cheat engine download from the internet to get infinite potions or make their weapon 1 hit kill anything on insane mode. Fake their way to gold skulls.

That's why I'd like a rollback on everyones character list because alot of people cheated to level 99. Then they think they are badass because they have a level 99 with no skull.. I don't like them having a false sense of accomplishment. They literally feel good because they fool all the new players into thinking they are awesome. When infact a veteran can look and tell they are complete garbage with a lv 99 non skulled character.

Edited by FrogBussoms

I don't like how steam players could use a cheat engine download from the internet to get infinite potions or make their weapon 1 hit kill anything on insane mode. Fake their way to gold skulls.

That's why I'd like a rollback on everyones character list because alot of people cheated to level 99. Then they think they are badass because they have a level 99 with no skull.. I don't like them having a false sense of accomplishment. They literally feel good because they fool all the new players into thinking they are awesome. When infact a veteran can look and tell they are complete garbage with a lv 99 non skulled character.

Doing a rollback because being able to download lvl 99 saves on the internet is kind of stupid and only punishes legit players like U-Knighted who just got another lvl 99 knight last night for example.

Actually forgotten, it measures all of your kills together; it just displays your highest xp character.

It must have been part of the last update.  I went from 400 something kills to like 2, 900 something kills.  Not going to lie I was feeling very cheated. 

• Upvote 1

It must have been part of the last update.  I went from 400 something kills to like 2, 900 something kills.  Not going to lie I was feeling very cheated. 

Yeah, I noticed that my kills jumped to 22k, it's a shame that there are already hackers though; some dont even have a level by their name!

Yeah steam players can boost from level 1 to 99 instantly with the cheat engine download. Basically it changes numerical values on programs running on your computer. So you change your xp value to something very high and your character instantly has any amount of xp you want it to be. So the highscores is full of players who enter the highest number possible for the game to handle.

Click the underlined word "highscores" for a picture of the steam top 200 players, they all have 2,147,483,647 xp.

That's just the top 200, there is very many more players than that who are over 2 Billion aswell.

Steve for example is over 2 Billion xp as you saw on the highscores picture, now look at this link below to see his in game hours played.

http://i.imgur.com/mrRDJyn.png

Edited by FrogBussoms

Anyone who is clearly hacking to reach the leaderboards should get perm banned from being on the leaderboards and if they wanted to do it again they would have to buy castle crashers again on another account to get on the leaderboards meaning more money for behemoth..

Clean up your leaderboards it's super obvious who is cheating !

Anyone who is clearly hacking to reach the leaderboards should get perm banned from being on the leaderboards and if they wanted to do it again they would have to buy castle crashers again on another account to get on the leaderboards meaning more money for behemoth..

Clean up your leaderboards it's super obvious who is cheating !

You can't do much. CC doesn't have an anti-cheat from what I've seen and cheaters will always come back since the hacks are so easily obtainable. Anyways, I don't know if it's just me, but who really cares about who's where on the leaderboards? It's only really a number to show off and be "guys look im gud at the game" to other people.