Sign in to follow this  
IMPOSSABLANK

The Most Mad You've Ever Gotten At A Game

I just got the most mad I've ever been playing the 3rd mission in Halo 5 on legendary alone. I made 2 holes in my wall, witch combined into one big hole, and there really is no excuse for what happened other than I underestimated the power of a controller.

So what was a time you got super mad at a game? What was the wreckage (if any) and what game was it?

I can't remember a time I got so mad at a game I caused any real damage to anything...it probably has happened though, I just don't remember it.

A buddy of mine once got so mad at a game he busted his 360, 360 controller, TV & guitar in one fell swoop. :-o

I recommend shouting into/punching a pillow if you're that mad at something, instead. Much less expensive. ;-)

My first video game I ever owned was Super Monkey Ball Jr for the Gameboy Advance, and once I was so pissed off at that game (specifically the Master levels) that I bit my Gameboy Advance. I bit that thing hard, and it left two little indentations on the upper part of the screen. It didn't break the screen or anything, and that GBA lasted me a long time.

Years later though I went into Gamestop to sell my GBA, and of course the dude at the counter sees the marks and he asks "what happened to this? It looks like something bit it, did your dog do that?" Now I didn't have a dog at this age so my mom gives me this weird look. I remember just totally being shocked and not knowing what to say, so I just kinda stood there silently and waited until finally the guy just said "whatever" and gave me my money. It was pretty awkward.

• Upvote 3

I almost killed my 360 controller halfway through Dark World in Super Meat Boy.

I got more depressed than angry in Persona 3 when I went 2-3 hours without saving and got double crit by an enemy causing me to lose all of my progress.

I always get really really salty when I get hit by those really easy combos in UMVC3.

And I've also played through a majority of Ross's levels in SMM. That pretty much speaks for itself.

Edited by Isaac

One day I "accidentally" stepped on my DS because of Yoshi's Island DS. 

The top of the DS sort of came off and was barely connected by a wire. It survived about a year until one day the top just fell off and I had to buy another DS.

Champion's Road from Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze have made me say angry swear words and slam down my Wii U gamepad and cry.

Whenever i get frustrated playing a game, I just stop playing. There's not much point in continuing if you aren't having fun. 

• Upvote 1

I don't really remember the game that I was playing maybe CS:GO, not sure but I got extremely mad and threw my wireless keyboard at my wall with both Ctrl keys flying off and one Alt key luckily I found them though and the keyboard wasn't even dented, scratched and it took no damage.

However I am a lot less aggressive and angry towards video games now.  

Whenever i get frustrated playing a game, I just stop playing. There's not much point in continuing if you aren't having fun. 

It's hard to say that for me, when I get mad I keep playing for the satisfaction of beating it, pretty much the reason I kept playing super meat boy, and super monkey ball, and BBT insane mode, etc... I guess everyone is different :/

I typically don't get mad at games, but for some weird reason, Geometry Dash always gets me to rage.  The worst I can remember is when I died at 98% on Level 15, Electrodynamix. I slammed my phone down so hard on my bed that it cracked the otterbox case that was on it. 

Edited by Hazard

It's hard to say that for me, when I get mad I keep playing for the satisfaction of beating it, pretty much the reason I kept playing super meat boy, and super monkey ball, and BBT insane mode, etc... I guess everyone is different :/

It's good to take a break for these types of games though. When I get frustrated at those games normally taking a 5 - 10 minute break means when I come back to it I will be much calmer and thanks to muscle memory you will be able to get father as well (when I get angry I normally make stupid mistakes) . However like you said everyone is different.   

I typically don't get mad at games, but for some weird reason, Geometry Dash always gets me to rage.  The worst I can remember is when I died at 98% on Level 15, Electrodynamix. I slammed my phone down so hard on my bed that it cracked the otterbox case that was on it. 

I know the feeling (98% Level 14 Clubstep)

It's good to take a break for these types of games though. When I get frustrated at those games normally taking a 5 - 10 minute break means when I come back to it I will be much calmer and thanks to muscle memory you will be able to get father as well (when I get angry I normally make stupid mistakes) . However like you said everyone is different.   

Also taking a break of maybe a day or so can help a lot. Super hexagon got easy for em when i took a break between each level.

Typically, when I get mad, it tends to be at BF4 or Borderlands 2(UVHM mode). BL2's UVHM is incredibly unbalanced towards the player. What's worse is that it's intentional. Not necessarily Super Meat Boy anger, but pure frustration; if you don't have something that Slags enemies(slagged enemies usually take twice as much damage), you will always die. I had troubles with the last half of the FIRST MISSION in UVHM. 

I went to an hour-long, mini-story DLC that ends in a farmable loot train(technically making it more than an hour long but whatever) and farmed that frickin train at least ten times.

Came back to the stupid bandits and barely came through. I ended up rushing through and dodging bullets like a terrible Matrix performance so I wouldn't get my rear handed to me. The worst part was at a gate were more baddies than I can count run through and you're supposed to blow them up with a cannon, but the cannon only tickles them in UVHM, so you have to do it yourself-- facing enemies with as much health as a boss.

I came through, though. Made it to Sanctuary. More on that story later.

In BF4, I'm usually ticked off at out-of-region Brazilians & Japanese. See, the Brazilians don't have official servers yet, so I can sympathize a little, but their's tons of community-made servers. 

Now the Japanese have no excuse. There are ASIAN SERVERS. What I also don't get is that some Japanese servers are labeled "West US" in the regions section. It's a complete pile of donkey turd.