MaseFromBehemoth

[13-Nov-2015] Solo Feature - Nomo Solo

Wow. This is getting really hard. Really really hard to pick one playlist playlist for our final formal solo Furbottom's Feaure. So if you will, allow me to cheat a little. There were two playlists I saw (and probably many I didn't see!) that were certainly worthy of this final place in the queue.

Solo Feature

Carnivore Carny by LevelDesignGuy

Furbottom's Difficulty Rating: Expert

Expert difficulty playlists will be challenges even for BattleBlock veterans. These levels are put together with no regard for the safety of your prisoner. Innovative and deadly exercises await inside these demanding levels. Doubly so on Insane Mode!

*A special note regarding Prisoner unlocks: Remember you can complete either Story mode Furbottom’s Feature to unlock this week’s featured Prisoner. If the Solo Feature is too hard, try Co-Op and vice versa! You can even recomplete current Features you have already played!

Dang, spoilers amirite? I'll begin with a runner up recommendation worth searching for: Grave Velocity by MasterrQuentin. This was an amazing set of levels with really great new puzzles and surprises I had never seen before--and I've seen a LOT of levels. Really well made and worthy of a feature... and it IS a feature: Master Quentinn took the time to recreate it for Steam and it's our final Solo Feature on that platform.

It was nearly a coin toss between that and our final feature on XBLA, Carnivore Carny. I say nearly, but Carnivore Carny edged out the competition with intensely creative action-puzzles and play that pushes the mechanics of BattleBlock Theater to the maximum allotment of craziness. This reminds me not of BattleBlock Theater as it is, but what it is capable of. It's all presented in a fair and educational way, so even though this playlist is worthy of it's Expert classification, it teaches you enough along the way to make it as smooth as a buttered up baby. Let's take a look:

CarnivoreCarny3.jpg

CarnivoreCarny2.jpg

This silent siren seems stumped attempting to suspend this stray savage.

CarnivoreCarny1.jpg
This weary ward should have watched out for wayward weapon-tools.

Once in a while, i just don't know. I just don't know with every fiber of my being. Sometimes I see something so strange it could only be described as Cecil. What is Cecil? That's a question we may be asking for the entirety of our lives. Try to figure it out yourself as Cecil is you prisoner unlock. Receive Cecil after you complete this or our Coop Feature starting this week!

FeaturePost_Cecil.jpg

• Upvote 4

i am so stuck. can't figure out how to get past the saw blades and fans in the fifth level, Cannon Fodder. any tips on what to do in this level?

i tried to get Cecil by re-beating the last Solo Feature, but it did not unlock him.

i am so stuck. can't figure out how to get past the saw blades and fans in the fifth level, Cannon Fodder. any tips on what to do in this level?

i tried to get Cecil by re-beating the last Solo Feature, but it did not unlock him.

Try the latest Co-Op feature.

• Upvote 1

I hate that part, I still dont know how to do it the right way, but I jumped in a 1 pixel thing on the same block as the sawblade and then jumped over, but I think the legit way is getting a lucky perfect jump.

• Upvote 1

The raccoon use is rather brilliant. A lot of the challenges are evil, even the stuff like on the third level where you can see what the stage wants you to do but is such a pain in the butt to do it. You really couldn't pick a better final playlist.

• Upvote 2

Try the latest Co-Op feature.

im stuck on the third lvl where u have the jumpingblocks and clounds and im always one block away but then I go though the cloud and have to start over :x

The raccoon use is rather brilliant. A lot of the challenges are evil, even the stuff like on the third level where you can see what the stage wants you to do but is such a pain in the butt to do it. You really couldn't pick a better final playlist.

I'm so stuck on panic room

In the second level, how are you supposed to keep the brige actived after being teleported? Ive tried to take a boulder with me, but to no luck.

I hate that part, I still dont know how to do it the right way, but I jumped in a 1 pixel thing on the same block as the sawblade and then jumped over, but I think the legit way is getting a lucky perfect jump.

How about you try to beat the latest Co-Op Feature COOP NEEDED or something like that.

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to The Behemoth! I had so much fun designing in this game, and I made a fantastic friend too. I'm overjoyed to have received the final solo feature spot on XBLA, and I'm a huge fan of your selection for the Steam feature. You all rock and I can't thank you enough for making such an awesome game (and giving us a level-editor with it too).

For that trap you have to use the lava block positioned over the exploding block to launch yourself down onto the ice. From there you crouch to slide under the saws. After you've slid back and forth once from the fans, you can use your momentum to jump over the three saws next to the ladder to progress.

In the second level, how are you supposed to keep the brige actived after being teleported? Ive tried to take a boulder with me, but to no luck.

You have to lure the Raccalope onto the bridge. You can use the Ferdinand to carry it across the gap.

I'm so stuck on panic room

If you're stuck at the gum blocks and fans, just hold right against the gum block wall and you'll slide lower and lower, eventually you'll slide all the way to the base of the fans, from here you can hold left and fly upwards with the momentum boost from the fans.

im stuck on the third lvl where u have the jumpingblocks and clounds and im always one block away but then I go though the cloud and have to start over :x

There are ladders on the sides of the blocks in that section, use them to stop yourself from flying upwards through the clouds! I know it's pretty tricky.

Thanks! I'm glad to see you enjoyed it! Coming up with the various raccalope puzzles and traps throughout this playlist was a blast, as raccalopes have a ton of weird and interesting interactions with the rest of the blocks. That fan/saw-sliding puzzle on the third level was definitely one of my favorites.

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 2

I am having trouble in the level leap frog where there are sticky blocks and lasers (no I can't do co-op)

For that level you have to move the rock in the upper conveyor belt area to the far left side of the belt. Then you use the lava block to boost back down the chute to the area with the gum blocks. This will give you enough time to run across the gum blocks with the laser deactivated to open up a small shortcut. Once you've done that, simply repeat the process, but instead this time drop through the opened shortcut onto the gum blocks, from there you will be able to make it to the next checkpoint before the laser reactivates.

To move the rock across the belt, throw it, jump towards the rock, pick it up again as you land, and throw it again. Repeating this process allows you to get the rock to the other side of the conveyor. Eventually the rock will move back onto the button, reactivating the laser.

Edited by 8Bitten
  • Upvote 1

I had the honor of trying this playlist out back before it was finished, and I've gotta say The Behemoth definitely saved the best for last. 8Bitten (LevelDesignGuy) is quite a talented designer with the level creator in BBT; he also made the Capture The Duck playlist for a contest a while ago, which created a whole new game type and still stands out to me as being a super awesome playlist. Anyways it's no surprise to me that The Behemoth chose to end Furbottom's Feature on XBLA with this masterpiece and I'm very glad to see 8bitten get recognized for his talents yet again. Kudos to you, dude!

• Upvote 4

First off, I want to say a huge thank you to The Behemoth! I had so much fun designing in this game, and I made a fantastic friend too. I'm overjoyed to have received the final solo feature spot on XBLA, and I'm a huge fan of your selection for the Steam feature. You all rock and I can't thank you enough for making such an awesome game (and giving us a level-editor with it too).

No, thank you 8-Bitten! I hope you continue to have fun with the Battleblock level editor and keep creating.

• Upvote 1

Not surprised at all to see that my good friend 8Bitten got the final feature :)

There were a ton of great memories testing all of his playlists; especially this one. RIP new features.

Edit; Also congrats on runner up queenteen

Edited by Hazard
  • Upvote 2