June 14-16 At the Los Angeles Convention Center is the date and site for this years E3. Big names include Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo showing their newest games and consoles and accessories for the year of 2016 and beyond.

Anything you look forward to seeing at this years showcase?

I expect to be seeing Sony talk a lot about their VR headset.

I expect Microsoft to lower a car onto their stage to promote a new Forza game, and then talk about HoloLens.

As for Nintendo, I'm kinda jazzed about seeing some more of the new Legend of Zelda, but honestly I'm most hoping to see some Pokemon Sun and Moon gameplay and something about Pikmin 4. A new IP from Nintendo would be amazing as well, but I don't wanna set my hopes too high.

Also I'm gonna write a bingo card generator for E3 with a bunch of predictions, feel free to suggest some and I'll be happy to share it once it's done!

I just want Monster Hunter Generations news. Although by that time we'll be in summer already and the release will be close anyway (hopefully!)

I'm mad at you for making the thread before I could.

You didn't even make the title a riff off of a Coldplay album. Smh.

I'm mad at you for making the thread before I could.

You didn't even make the title a riff off of a Coldplay album. Smh.

AdamBRT beat me to Pokemon Sun and Moon

Im TRYING to find a certain picture to depict my feelings on the matter.

Is it just me or is there like no hype for E3 at all this year? I almost forgot about it but it's nearly a week away now.

TBH i have no clue who is showing what at E3 this year. i guess The Last Guardian and Kingdom Hearts 3? and Gears of War 4 and new Forza/Gran Turismo games?

Hmm...

I have a week off work next week, but I start back on the 14th so I won't be able to stay up all night watching E3 streams for the first time in years :c

Catching up on trailers the day after is just as fun though...right?

Let's not forget the Watch_Dogs fiasco guys.

So try not to pre-order games/get hyped if they look nice. Pre-ordering doesn't even have a use anymore tbh.

• Upvote 1

Let's not forget the Watch_Dogs fiasco guys.

So try not to pre-order games/get hyped if they look nice. Pre-ordering doesn't even have a use anymore tbh.

Unless the game has been released elsewhere in the world and has already received good scores and positive reviews. Then pre-orders are usually worth it just for the bonuses, e.g:

GGXrdR pre-order shirt:

widget_Guilty-Gear-Xrd.jpg

NintendoUK MHGen preorder bonuses:

11281166-1384390427189016.jpg

11281167-1814390420616877.jpg

Also I was never hyped for Watch_Dugs

• Upvote 1

• Final Fantasy XV
  • Final Fantasy VII Remake (dunno if it'll be there)
  • Kingdom Hearts 3
  • Persona 5
  • Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse
  • Gears of War 4
  • Pokémon Sun/Moon
  • Devil May Cry 5 (maybe?)
  • Star Ocean 5 (please don't suck!)
  • Mirror's Edge: Catalyst (please don't suck, either!)
  • Legend of Zelda (WiiU)

Square Enix's games alone are enough to give me a heart attack. This E3 is going to be insane.

Edited by Revon

I feel like Zelda and Persona are the only things that I care about, but I don't want to spoil any more of those. 

So, um... I guess I'll just look at the general notes after the conferences, or something.

Well, if somebody could do me a favour and just tell me the new Zelda looks like it has ANYTHING to do in the world, unlike last time they showed it, that'd be cool.

Dead Rising 4 leaked, looks and sounds amazing. Apparently it's a re-imagining of the first game but instead of just playing in the mall you traverse the entire town with 4 player co-op. Also it's Christmas time. I'm already hyped to hell and back, a DR1 remake was all I really wanted and them somehow wrapping that into DR4 is incredible to me.

This part is unconfirmed, but it is rumoured to be an Xbox One exclusive as well. Can't wait to hear more at E3.

Also Harmonix is going to be talking more about Rock Band 4: Chapter 2 so of course I will be patiently awaiting that information.

Usual crew should find a way to hit me up if you're at all down for the typical E3 plans so I can know whether to take off work.

• Upvote 1

This part is unconfirmed, but it is rumoured to be an Xbox One exclusive as well. Can't wait to hear more at E3.

To be fair, Dead Rising 3 was also supposed to be an Xbone exclusive, so let's hope it'll be the same here.

E3 starts today! Time to go out and buy some energy drinks and junk food, and deprive my body of sleep/nourishment for the next few days.

9PM British time for EA, then 3AM(!) for Bethesda. If last Bethesda's Showcase from last year is anything to judge by, it should be good so I'll definitely be staying up late/early for it.

• Upvote 1

E3 starts today! Time to go out and buy some energy drinks and junk food, and deprive my body of sleep/nourishment for the next few days.

9PM British time for EA, then 3AM(!) for Bethesda. If last Bethesda's Showcase from last year is anything to judge by, it should be good so I'll definitely be staying up late/early for it.

After my girlfriend heads to work, I'm hanging with a friend for all of E3. Just gaming, watching stuff, and laying back for three days.

• Upvote 1

Gonna be tuning in to all of the conferences with the usual dudes, it'll be rad

Which conference(s) are you guys most excited for? For me it's probably Sony, they had some pretty sweet stuff last year and they'll be talking about VR which I'm looking forward to hearing about. New Pokemon Sun/Moon footage from Nintendo is the single thing I'm looking forward to the most though.

• Upvote 1

Which conference(s) are you guys most excited for? For me it's probably Sony, they had some pretty sweet stuff last year and they'll be talking about VR which I'm looking forward to hearing about. New Pokemon Sun/Moon footage from Nintendo is the single thing I'm looking forward to the most though.

I'm not sure I can get any more excited for MHGenerations but I'm still looking forward to seeing that game some more.

Besides that I'm looking forward to Sony's conference. VR is just around the corner, but I'm sure they have plenty of other stuff to get hype about too...It starts @2AM here though and I have to work Tuesday morning :c.

Also Nintendo always have a couple of nice surprises up their sleeve so I'll try and catch their Treehouse stream again this year.

Square-Enix, definitely. I dropped $300 on the Ultimate Collector's Edition of FFXV, so I'm more than ready for it.

EA's press conference today:

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA fe SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO ZAC EFRON ZAC EFRON ZAC EFRON SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO titanfall 2 SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

Overall I give it a 3/10

Edited by Morg

EA's press conference today:

SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA fe SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO ZAC EFRON ZAC EFRON ZAC EFRON SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO titanfall 2 SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA FIFA WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO SPORTS SPORTS SPORTS

Overall I give it a 3/10

I feel that year on year EA prove they're falling more and more out of touch with their core audience. Looks like there's a lot for casuls to get excited for, though.

Also you should probably put that huge wall of text in a spoiler hahaha.

Some stuff so far has been pretty surprising and looks great, while others... disappointed me or did not even appear. So much for Persona being advertised to the masses. Also, why doesn't Ubisoft just trademark "innovation" already? They give a speech about how it's apparently in their blood every twenty minutes with every new open-world & shooter they announce.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the revival (?) of PT. I did not see that coming.

Edited by Revon

I wanted to stay up until 2am for the PS stream, but I fell asleep at about 1:30 :c.

Catching up, it seems like I missed the best conference of the show, but given this year's content that isn't saying much (just imo). Really enjoying Nintendo's Treehouse event right now, though. Pokemon Sun/Moon and Zelda look fun. :-)