Mr. Hatty

Five Nights at Freddy's General Discussion

I used to like Five Nights at Freddy's, didn't buy any of the games, because I'm not into jumpscares. Watched people complete 1 & 2, but them the fan-profiles came. And some of them were so annoying (If you have one, it's nothing against you, it's just that some of them were annoying), I was wacthing a Mario speedrun and there were ''animatronics'' roleplaying on the comments. Love stories, betrayal, even lolis. But here I am complaining about other people even though I have a rooster as a profile picture.

I used to like Five Nights at Freddy's, didn't buy any of the games, because I'm not into jumpscares. Watched people complete 1 & 2, but them the fan-profiles came. And some of them were so annoying (If you have one, it's nothing against you, it's just that some of them were annoying), I was wacthing a Mario speedrun and there were ''animatronics'' roleplaying on the comments. Love stories, betrayal, even lolis. But here I am complaining about other people even though I have a rooster as a profile picture.

This is actually pretty crucially why a lot of people have problems with the fandom.

I don't enjoy these games, I do however find the lore incredibly interesting. The worst thing though, is that the people who love these games feel the need to remind you of it constantly and never stop pushing its concepts into places it doesn't belong at all.

Think of it like this, anyone who knows me well knows that I have a deep love/obsession for Rock Band and all of its games, however, when I go play Town of Salem you don't see me roleplaying as a plastic guitar. See what I'm saying?

• Upvote 3

This is actually pretty crucially why a lot of people have problems with the fandom.

I don't enjoy these games, I do however find the lore incredibly interesting. The worst thing though, is that the people who love these games feel the need to remind you of it constantly and never stop pushing its concepts into places it doesn't belong at all.

Think of it like this, anyone who knows me well knows that I have a deep love/obsession for Rock Band and all of its games, however, when I go play Town of Salem you don't see me roleplaying as a plastic guitar. See what I'm saying?

As for the constantly reminding others of FNAF and pushing the concepts to places it doesn't belong, I actually don't have a problem with that side of the fandom as I for some reason have a problem with putting things where they don't belong. I'm very glad to know I'm not alone there.

In Town of Salem, I see people roleplaying things related and not related to FNAF all the time. I understand it's hard to roleplay as a plastic guitar, but nothing is impossible in the world of roleplay. All you gotta do is JUST DO IT, MAKE YOUR DREAMS COME TRUE!

(I watch too much Shia LaBeouf delivers the most intense motivational speech of all-time. :-P)

It's what I do when I roleplay as either Mangle or Springtrap.

Wow, October 31st sure did come early.

He moved the game's release date back into August and a free DLC will be released on October 31st.

Edit: o darn, he released the game even earlier than he said. It's already available to buy.

Edited by yugo657

He moved the game's release date back into August and a free DLC will be released on October 31st.

Edit: o darn, he released the game even earlier than he said. It's already available to buy.

You're acting like this is new. He's done it with FNAF 2 and 3, what made you think this was a surprise?

Also, thank god it's out now. People can finally shut up about this stupid series, and it can die out peacefully.

• Upvote 5

You're acting like this is new. He's done it with FNAF 2 and 3, what made you think this was a surprise?

Also, thank god it's out now. People can finally shut up about this stupid series, and it can die out peacefully.

And then they can work on making more Spiderman memes.
  • Upvote 4

How did I know this would happen. I just hope that that means it will die off 3 months earlier.....

Knowing this trend and how awful the fanbase is, FNAF 5 is inevitable. Give it a few weeks so Scott can make another teaser image or something

• Upvote 2

How did I know this would happen. I just hope that that means it will die off 3 months earlier.....

Knowing this trend and how awful the fanbase is, FNAF 5 is inevitable. Give it a few weeks so Scott can make another teaser image or something

I have a feeling there will be a FNAF 5, but it won't be called FNAF 5.

Here's my reasoning taken straight from the Steam store page description,

In this last chapter of the Five Nights at Freddy's original story, you must once again defend yourself against Freddy Fazbear, Chica, Bonnie, Foxy, and even worse things that lurk in the shadows.

Original story. Such mystery, very intriguing.

I hate how people think that people will be scared by the jumpscares, but after the first 3 games, the jumpscares are not even that scary, unless you're not paying attention and/or got caught off guard. Fans kept asking for a 4th game, and as soon as it came, they start complaining about it.

I can think of a major problem right away for the 4th game. They tell you that you have to listen to the breathing before you turn on a light next to the doors, the problem is that the breathing is so quiet you have to turn up the volume to the point that when the jumpscare happens, your eardrums are destroyed.

• Upvote 2

I hate how people think that people will be scared by the jumpscares, but after the first 3 games, the jumpscares are not even that scary, unless you're not paying attention and/or got caught off guard. Fans kept asking for a 4th game, and as soon as it came, they start complaining about it.

The FNAF and Sonic fanbases are one and the same, in the sense that if the game makers drive away from the original game in the slightest, it's immediately terrible.

In the case of sequels, I think it's good to keep the core gameplay in check, but you have to add unique things to it as a well, or it's not really a sequel. Not just adding MORE, MORE, and MORE characters, but you have to basically create a new world, not literally but it has to bring something new.

It's essentially why Kid Icarus Uprising isn't getting a sequel, because Sakurai himself stated "it's a perfect game, I really can't think of anything to introduce in a sequel." But Scott being Scott, he rode out the money train that the fanbase wanted and made the same game twice, and then tried to make something different for the third and fourth games, but then people got angry because it wasn't 1 or 2.

In summary, I guess what I'm trying to say is that you can't just copy and paste the same game over and over and expect it to do well every time, but you have to make it yours, and make it something to really remember.

• Upvote 1

It's essentially why Kid Icarus Uprising isn't getting a sequel, because Sakurai himself stated "it's a perfect game, I really can't think of anything to introduce in a sequel."

Wii U remaster is when
  • Upvote 3

FNAF 5 is coming. Check out Steam Discussions for an explanation on that.

"SCOTT PLS MAKED FNAF 5 OR I WILL CRY I NEED IT PLZZZ!!"

Well apparently Scott is releasing some free DLC for FNAF 4 on October 31st, which is a different idea.

I can think of a major problem right away for the 4th game. They tell you that you have to listen to the breathing before you turn on a light next to the doors, the problem is that the breathing is so quiet you have to turn up the volume to the point that when the jumpscare happens, your eardrums are destroyed.

Scott said that was a bug and is working on making the breathing louder in the next fix.

Well, the DLC isn't even out yet and people have cracked the game's files and found a teaser for his next release. Geeze, so much for the final chapter.

Here's what they found:

zxxJLxa.png

• Upvote 5

Well, the DLC isn't even out yet and people have cracked the game's files and found a teaser for his next release. Geeze, so much for the final chapter.

Here's what they found:

zxxJLxa.png

photo.jpg

• Upvote 4

At least there are no new characters (from what I've seen so far) and we won't have to do with more fan-profiles. So, that's a plus, right?

Edited by TheRoosterHead
  • Upvote 1

At least there are no new characters (from I've seen so far) and we won't have to do with more fan-profiles. So, that's a plus, right?

Other then that Nightmare guy, but he's a minor role.

At least there are no new characters (from I've seen so far) and we won't have to do with more fan-profiles. So, that's a plus, right?

Other then that Nightmare guy, but he's a minor role.

But they make fan profiles of every role. I've found at least one of every animatronic on YouTube comments recently.

FNAF 5 is coming. Check out Steam Discussions for an explanation on that.

"SCOTT PLS MAKED FNAF 5 OR I WILL CRY I NEED IT PLZZZ!!"

Well apparently Scott is releasing some free DLC for FNAF 4 on October 31st, which is a different idea.

No. We really don't need anything more.

• Upvote 2