Mr. Hatty

Five Nights at Freddy's General Discussion

My personal opinion? Fnaf isn't a good game, really, the only thing likable at all about it is it's story, which doesn't even go that deep.
FNAF 3 (or Fickle News at Frodo's 3) is one of the best games ever.

I will be prepared to defend it with the same case over and over again even though there's clearly enough evidence to support the opposite side of the debate. Fickle News at Frodo's 3 is one of the best games ever because Frodo actually has emotion when you talk with him. He feels like a human being who has care and concern for you while you steak out at his house waiting for the robbers to come in and steal the ring. Another thing is that jump scares are the BEST kind of way to scare someone. Just minding your own business looking out for robbers when Gollum comes in an eats your finger off, scariest thing I've ever seen. Jump scares are the only way a horror game is good and without it, where would we be today? Well I know for sure that the game isn't boring at all and should be cherished among the masses as the best game of the world.

Remember that time when Sarcasm was actually funny

My personal opinion? Fnaf isn't a good game, really, the only thing likable at all about it is it's story, which doesn't even go that deep.

I will be prepared to defend it with the same case over and over again even though there's clearly enough evidence to support the opposite side of the debate. Fickle News at Frodo's 3 is one of the best games ever because Frodo actually has emotion when you talk with him. He feels like a human being who has care and concern for you while you steak out at his house waiting for the robbers to come in and steal the ring. Another thing is that jump scares are the BEST kind of way to scare someone. Just minding your own business looking out for robbers when Gollum comes in an eats your finger off, scariest thing I've ever seen. Jump scares are the only way a horror game is good and without it, where would we be today? Well I know for sure that the game isn't boring at all and should be cherished among the masses as the best game of the world.

Are we really still arguing about this?

Are we really still arguing about this?

I'm not arguing, I'm stating my opinion *insert diss followed up by air horns*

• Upvote 1

So yeah

map.jpg

Not to stir up another argument but what exactly am I looking at

Well, I don't exactly know what you're looking at, but what I posted was a map.

So yeah

map.jpg

Well at least it's a bit longer than the last few games, the animatronic(s because you know the others are gonna pop up somewhere) has to take a few more turns and twists instead of going down a single hallway like the last few games.

inb4 it ignores half the map and teleports into the office

So yeah

map.jpg

Well at least it's a bit longer than the last few games, the animatronic(s because you know the others are gonna pop up somewhere) has to take a few more turns and twists instead of going down a single hallway like the last few games.

inb4 it ignores half the map and teleports into the office

if you look close there's dark hallways you can hardly see

so yeah

Well, the third game was released, and I have to admit, it's really much more different then before.

It's Terrifying

The other 2 didn't scare me, but this new one really scared the crap out of me. The phantom animatronics, that new terrifying one, and the idea that there is no exact way of defense. No really, if he appears at your door, you can't do anything about it. The other games had a Freddy mask and doors, while this has nothing, you just have to lure the animatronic away while avoiding phantoms. Easier said then done. The new building is creepy, and the "cheap jumpscares" are SO MUCH MORE unpredictable. You people need to play this, or ad least watch it.

Don't come back saying "ah it was boring. I hated it. night 1 sucked" because nothing is supposed to happen on night 1. Try surviving all 5, then start talking.

Still not scared? Check out these pictures (spoiler alert!):

fnaf_3_chica_1_by_xscarlopezx_d8kaqz4.pn

fnaf_3_springtrap_by_xscarlopezx_d8kaovtfnaf_3_springtrap_2_by_xscarlopezx_d8kapfnaf_3_springtrap_3_by_xscarlopezx_d8kap

Edited by U-Knighted
  • Upvote 2

Well, the third game was released, and I have to admit, it's really much more different then before.

It's Terrifying

The other 2 didn't scare me, but this new one really scared the crap out of me. The phantom animatronics, that new terrifying one, and the idea that there is no exact way of defense. No really, if he appears at your door, you can't do anything about it. The other games had a Freddy mask and doors, while this has nothing, you just have to lure the animatronic away while avoiding phantoms. Easier said then done. The new building is creepy, and the "cheap jumpscares" are SO MUCH MORE unpredictable. You people need to play this, or ad least watch it.

Don't come back saying "ah it was boring. I hated it. night 1 sucked" because nothing is supposed to happen on night 1. Try surviving all 5, then start talking.

Still not scared? Check out these pictures:

fnaf_3_springtrap_by_xscarlopezx_d8kaovtfnaf_3_springtrap_2_by_xscarlopezx_d8kapfnaf_3_springtrap_3_by_xscarlopezx_d8kap

I don't think anyone complained about night one, Jello man wasn't even there when the first night happened, you were just there to get a good feel of the mechanics and to overview the map before everything gets hectic on night 2.

The jump scares are still predictable though, If you see BB on the camera, he's gonna jump at you when you pull it down. If you see Freddy in the mirror he's gonna be in your face. My only problem in the situation of defending yourself is if you're in a situation where Jello is right at your door, you're absolutely going to die unless it's at the brink of 6:00AM.

Still thinking of things to say since I know only a few things on the game.

It's not the jumpscares that really get to me, it's the designs on the burnt animatronics.

The way the endings work are pretty cool too, like with how the spirits are put to rest if you get the good ending, or how they're still at unease with the lights still on if you get the bad ending. The good ending looked hella cryptic to get though.

Edited by Turkey

It's Terrifying

Still not scared? Check out these pictures:

I don't think anyone complained about night one, Jello man wasn't even there when the first night happened, you were just there to get a good feel of the mechanics and to overview the map before everything gets hectic on night 2.

The jump scares are still predictable though, If you see BB on the camera, he's gonna jump at you when you pull it down. If you see Freddy in the mirror he's gonna be in your face. My only problem in the situation of defending yourself is if you're in a situation where Jello is right at your door, you're absolutely going to die unless it's at the brink of 6:00AM.

Still thinking of things to say since I know only a few things on the game.

Well if "Jello" is at your door, play audio at CAM 1, that sometimes works for me. Also, the jumpscares are mostly unpredictable. BBs is pretty predictable, Freddy doesn't always jumpscare you from the Mirror (which, FYI, is a window) because if you ignore him he won't attack you. The vents add to the horror, as the new audio cue is much more quiet, so its hard to tell if jello is in your vents, and he can jumpscare you from two vents without popping out of a door or anything, which I honestly think is kind of cheap.

Foxy is unpredictable, as he randomly appears near the box of parts and jumps out at you instantly. Chica is plain terrifying, as a freaky picture of her appears on a arcade machine and then when you look to the right left she jumpscares you. (Which is predictable if you're paying attention, but either way, she looks freaking terrifying.)

The puppet is annoying, and scary looking.

The one you all keep calling Jello is named Springtrap, which makes perfect sense in the context of the story because

The killer of the kids tried to hide from their haunting spirits by getting inside a suit, but the spring-locked mechanism that switches between animatronic and suit mode failed and crushed him alive, trapping him and his soul inside the suit. Spring loaded suit traps him = Springtrap.

Deepest lore.

• Upvote 1

The one you all keep calling Jello is named Springtrap, which makes perfect sense in the context of the story because

The killer of the kids tried to hide from their haunting spirits by getting inside a suit, but the spring-locked mechanism that switches between animatronic and suit mode failed and crushed him alive, trapping him and his soul inside the suit. Spring loaded suit traps him = Springtrap.

Deepest lore.

I was calling him Jello to avoid spoilers, since his name is pretty much a spoiler in itself.

Deepest lore.

I'm not a fan of the gameplay but I find the lore fairly interesting

Edited by Scaler193
  • Upvote 2

I was calling him Jello to avoid spoilers, since his name is pretty much a spoiler in itself.

Deepest lore.

I was calling him Jello because you called him Jello.... :roll:

Soo...

Does that mean that the pictures of Springtrap where it shows the insides of his head are the purple man's remains?

fnaf_3_springtrap_2_by_xscarlopezx_d8kap

Edited by Turkey

Shoot you beat me to it.

DARN YOU MANGLE! ALWAYS MAKING NOISES AND... lel #open roleplay leo lets be reedie 4 free die foozbeer

Edited by U-Knighted