So I've been playing the Overwatch beta all day yesterday and today. I'm loving it.

Anyone else have the chance to play it? What are your thoughts?

Game's out: it's freakin' great!

Edited by yugo657

I've been playing it a lot recently. It is by far one of the most fun and diverse games I have ever played. All characters feel unique and are REALLY fun to play! Whether I'm blasting off as Junkrat or running fast with Lucio, I always have a good time!

I just played a few games of the open beta and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. I haven't been following this game at all so jumping in blind was a fun experience. There's loads of playstyles and characters to try out and loads of stuff to see/unlock. Also the game's art style is very nice to look at.

Although I don't have any plans to pick the full game up at launch, Overwatch has definitely piqued my interest and I look forward to seeing what becomes of it. :-)

I really like the game so far, my favorite character to play is D.Va, she has funny video game references and taunts. my only gripe about her is that she doesn't do as much damage as other tanks, or as much as her little video showing her damaging her opponent with she uses her guns. But still, she is really great for helping capture objectives/ make enemies scatter from an area, and can push enemies back with her thruster ability.

My other favorite is Mercy, she is really good at healing. Maybe even the best? If you use her and the big robot guy, (His name escapes my tongue) they pack a pretty heavy punch if you use her ability to buff other teammates attacks. Her ultimate ability can also definitely turn the tide by reviving dead teammates. 

The only gripe that I have with the game so far is when the enemy team is losing, they all seem to switch to tracer and come back from the deficit. I'm not saying that tracer is OP, but IMO they should limit how many players can choose the same character. 

I recorded one of my favourite kills of mine from my first online game of the beta. It doesn't look that amazing playing it back, but at the time beating that other Reinhardt felt so satisfying. :-D

Anyone else have any moments like this from the beta?

• Upvote 1

I recorded one of my favourite kills of mine from my first online game of the beta. It doesn't look that amazing playing it back, but at the time beating that other Reinhardt felt so satisfying. :-D

I fell in love with Roadhog.

Hooking people and just screwing their ults/escapes just feels so satisfying.

• Upvote 1

Quite a few POTG with Junkrat, he is definitely my favorite character to play offense with.

His mine can propel him to reach heights not reachable by most characters besides Widow, Hanzo,Pharah, and Genji.

Also a great finisher when opponents try to escape around corners.

His traps are really great for Reinhardt, I often find Reinhardts trying to rush me with their ability, or enemies I lure into it around corners.

His grenade launcher is superb, and if you get really good at projecting them where the enemy is going to strafe, it's insane. It can easily kill most of the roster with 2-3 shots.

I can't wait for the game to release :)

• Upvote 1

Quite a few POTG with Junkrat, he is definitely my favorite character to play offense with.

His mine can propel him to reach heights not reachable by most characters besides Widow, Hanzo,Pharah, and Genji.

Also a great finisher when opponents try to escape around corners.

His traps are really great for Reinhardt, I often find Reinhardts trying to rush me with their ability, or enemies I lure into it around corners.

His grenade launcher is superb, and if you get really good at projecting them where the enemy is going to strafe, it's insane. It can easily kill most of the roster with 2-3 shots.

I can't wait for the game to release :)

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

• Upvote 1

This game... needs cross-platform play...

The only problem is how hard kb+m players would destroy controller users.

• Upvote 1

Figured I could fix this up now that the beta is over.

So now that Overwatch is officially out, who here has been playing it? What platform? Favorite/least-favorite heroes?

I've been playing it on PC, only a little bit so far though. Genji and Zenyatta are pretty cool, although I might explore some other characters to avoid sticking to just one or two.

Figured I could fix this up now that the beta is over.

So now that Overwatch is officially out, who here has been playing it? What platform? Favorite/least-favorite heroes?

I've been playing it on PC, only a little bit so far though. Genji and Zenyatta are pretty cool, although I might explore some other characters to avoid sticking to just one or two.

I've been really enjoying pretty much every character besides Bastion and Symmetra. All the game lacks right now is the number of maps, but I know that that'll come pretty soon.

This is the first game I've purchased in a long while, and I'm glad I did. It reminds me of Team Fortress 2 when Team Fortress 2 was actually good

Oh god nooooooo

The character I use the least (Symmetra) is the one that gets a Legendary drop. Please kill me.

While this is true (inb4 213) I'm sure he meant between xbox one and ps4 players. I could see that being a possibility, but who knows how much it costs to do that, and if blizz wants to entertain the idea?

While this is true (inb4 213) I'm sure he meant between xbox one and ps4 players. I could see that being a possibility, but who knows how much it costs to do that, and if blizz wants to entertain the idea?

They're apparently considering it between X1 and PS4, but there are no immediate plans for it. 

They're apparently considering it between X1 and PS4, but there are no immediate plans for it. 

I heard that Sony are the ones holding that idea back.

I love this game, one of the best games I've played in a long, long time. Very fun.

Those that know me way well will not be surprised I mainly play healers.

Top 3 characters are

Zenyatta - 6 hours

Mercy - 4 hours

D.Va - 3 hours

I also play a mean Junkrat or Widowmaker from time to time. Game is great, have just over 20 hours clocked, which is insane considering I only have 24 hours clocked in Awesomenauts and I've had that game for years.

I would recommend this game to literally anybody except those who physically can't play first person shooters. If they ever add cross-platform play then you can find me tearin' it up over at the Xbox One side of things

btwifanyonewantstoaddmemyPCbattlenetIDis:KptnHowdy#1263

Edited by yugo657

Overwatch <3 I love using Roadhog, Reinhardt, Reaper, and Winston

Weird that all your mains have that "ruh" phonetic at the beginning of their names.

Overwatch <3 I love using Roadhog, Reinhardt, Reaper, and Winston

Weird that all your mains have that "ruh" phonetic at the beginning of their names.

Yep, especially Ruhwinston :P