Sign in to follow this  
RELAXZ

At what time does it release?

Seems to be up already. I've started playing.

How do you post a thread on these forums? I can't seem to figure it out. 

Also, I had some beginner questions regarding this game:

Hi there, really loving the game, but I had a few questions. This game is not very beginner friendly, there are a lot of confusing things. 

1. Are all items in a given category identical except for aesthetics? Like if I go into the longsword section are all of them the same? I am not seeing a difference in the stats. I have seen an exception with the Castle Crasher helmets in that they offer different elemental immunity, but other than that I am not seeing very many differences.

2. Apparently there is a load limit to your caravan? I am traveling the map and cannot hold more than 7 items like cages and loot bags? Is that correct? How do you use the items in there like a healing campfire site which I assume heals your party out in the wild? Also, how do you know what those things in the marketplace are? Like nitro? I can't tell what it is. I assume the resurrection allows you to get back a character that died or something? There doesn't seem to be an explanation.

3. Is there something to the cannon on your caravan? I thought something popped up telling me there was but I can't figure it out.

4. Is there a way to look at opponents' unit's stats? I'd like to know what a unit does when I go against it. 

Thanks in advance!

4 hours ago, gamjuven36 said:

1. Are all items in a given category identical except for aesthetics? Like if I go into the longsword section are all of them the same? I am not seeing a difference in the stats. I have seen an exception with the Castle Crasher helmets in that they offer different elemental immunity, but other than that I am not seeing very many differences.

2. Apparently there is a load limit to your caravan? I am traveling the map and cannot hold more than 7 items like cages and loot bags? Is that correct? How do you use the items in there like a healing campfire site which I assume heals your party out in the wild? Also, how do you know what those things in the marketplace are? Like nitro? I can't tell what it is. I assume the resurrection allows you to get back a character that died or something? There doesn't seem to be an explanation.

3. Is there something to the cannon on your caravan? I thought something popped up telling me there was but I can't figure it out.

4. Is there a way to look at opponents' unit's stats? I'd like to know what a unit does when I go against it. 

Thanks in advance!

1. On the most part, yes. Sometimes you'll get a weapon or piece of equipment that changes the stats a little (like the Castle Crashers helmets), but they all draw from the base stats of the item type.

2. It seems you can leave the town with 8 items (slots shown next to the store when leaving) and return with up to 10 items (shown at the bottom of the screen in the overworld). It's possible that number changes with 2 players, but that's what I'm seeing with 1-player. I haven't used resurrection or nitro, but I'm assuming resurrection brings a unit back to life and nitro makes your caravan faster for the session or something. I'm guessing all the items have to be used in the overworld, in which case the button reference for each should be somewhere on the screen (I'm playing Xbox version and it tells me on the bottom left that campfire is used with LT).

3. For the caravan, the button controls on XBOX are:

• X to mark a point of interest (once for normal point, twice for enemy point, three times to remove), you can place one at a time and when on the overworld the game will point to it.
  • B to drop a poop, you can use these as breadcrumbs to find your way back to a location later (or just do it for fun).
  • Y to fire the cannon, though it has a cooldown. If you're playing 2-player, the second player controls the cannon. If you're playing 1-player, it auto-aims to the nearest enemy. The cannon stuns enemies so that you can pass them without going into battle.

4. As far as I can tell, there's no way to look at an enemy unit's stats, but I think on the most part the same class of enemy will usually work the same way. You just have to keep an eye out for different weapon and hat types, but those usually have consistent sizes.