Sign in to follow this  
GreenKnight

What Flash is it to make CC chars look like the real thing =

Its called artistic ability...

:lol: you can also gain artistic ability too :P

But anyways, what Dan used for CC was Adobe Flash which can cost around $700 for the commercial use and maybe $4-500 for student.

I and others personally use just whatever we have. I use Adobe photoshop. I know jouste uses sketchpad/book pro (I think that's what it's called Doh! :oops:) and photoshop as well.

Its called artistic ability...

A little cross, are we? What I use is Adobe Photoshop CS2 or CS3 depending on which computer I use at work. I use GIMP at home because it's free and an on campus job doesn't allow me to pay for gas, rent, utilities and things that I actually want. :shock:

You need to use a program that uses vector graphics if you want to imitate the cc style. There is a whole list of programs that use vector, the most popular being Flash of course.

:|

Yeah. They cost a lot of money though, but you can get the older Flash MX trial for 30 days still. That's plenty of time to go drawing crazy.

is vector whne you draw a round blob and it goes into a perfect circle?

Flash kinda does that. It will help you make curves so something will look nicer.

Dan uses Macromedia Flash I thought, not Adobe. :?

Anyways, I like using Macromedia Flash Pro 8. I find it better the Adobe Flash CS3, even if they look strikingly similar. It's just personal tastes.

Dan uses Macromedia Flash I thought, not Adobe. :?

Anyways, I like using Macromedia Flash Pro 8. I find it better the Adobe Flash CS3, even if they look strikingly similar. It's just personal tastes.

Hmm, my info was wrong then :( I'll take your word for it.

Title

I would reccomend learning to draw real paper stuff before starting flash. Im judging that you havent if you cant make your own avatar. Im not trying to be mean or anything but it happened to me.

Guest freiheit

@NecroMancer programs like photoshop are raster based, they use pixels when drawing, vector is mathematical, it doesn't have pixels no mather how much you zoom or blow up your picture, that is, until you compress it into jpeg or other.

as for the rest;

I've worked in flash 8, now I'm on adobe's version of flash with the cs3 suite... They're pretty much the same, cs3's programation is a bit more complicated but other wize; same tools, same interface same...everything really. I don't recomend adobe's on vista, it has some compatibility issues that makes it crash x_x

and CC characters are drawns with the brush tool set to have pressur sensitivity and tablet. They're pretty cartoony so you can get away with not having heavy life drawing skills, but you will need to learn a bit about basic shapes and the likes for good results.