Sign in to follow this  
D3ST1N

Sequel! No Way!

I would hate to see a sequel, especially because, not only would we not be able to use our characters, some of the old content wouldn't be there.

IMO, we should make DLC called castle crashers 2, essentially a whole new campaign, 20 more characters, all that stuff, but add it to the old game so the game is more of an expanded version.

any ideas or thoughts?

Dan Paladin once said in a interview that he dont like follow-ups of games.

So im pretty sure there wont be a Alien Hominid 2 or Castle Crashers 2 :)

I was going to say the same thing. I think the regular DLC and an entirely different game in the future would satiate the seemingly unquenchable thirst of The Behemoth fans.

In my opinion, this "CC 2" DLC idea would not be a very wise decision.

This would basically limit the audience of this game to people who own Castle Crashers. Which means it would only be exposed to about 250,000 (current) Xbox 360 owners. Not all of which would buy it.

Where as if it was a completely seperate title, it would have much more exposure.

Plus, if you made a game where you could continue to use your characters it would be broken. People who have levels 50+ could breeze through it, while it would be nearly impossible to beat with a new character. Sure there could be various difficulties but this would take only slow game development.

I think the most fun in CC is beating the game with a new character, not continuing to use your old one.

In my opinion, this "CC 2" DLC idea would not be a very wise decision.

This would basically limit the audience of this game to people who own Castle Crashers. Which means it would only be exposed to about 250,000 (current) Xbox 360 owners. Not all of which would buy it.

Where as if it was a completely seperate title, it would have much more exposure.

Plus, if you made a game where you could continue to use your characters it would be broken. People who have levels 50+ could breeze through it, while it would be nearly impossible to beat with a new character. Sure there could be various difficulties but this would take only slow game development.

I think the most fun in CC is beating the game with a new character, not continuing to use your old one.

I like the way you think.

I would love to see a sequel...but I think it would be cool if they had sequels in different areas like an ancient japan CC with samurai and ninja or a roman game would be pretty cool too (Helmets with brooms on top!!).

I would hate to see a sequel, especially because, not only would we not be able to use our characters, some of the old content wouldn't be there.

IMO, we should make DLC called castle crashers 2, essentially a whole new campaign, 20 more characters, all that stuff, but add it to the old game so the game is more of an expanded version.

any ideas or thoughts?

This is an awesome idea! DLC with extra levels.. maybe the levels would go more in depth about certain things, like how the painter boss came to be, what the magical stone was for, etc.

a sequal would be awesome! Too bad that it wouldnt be able to meet all of our needs. We would all want to keep our characters but then the game would be too easy. There Is 2 ideas that would be sensible: 1) Make a full Castle Crashers game that would be on a disc and we be the full 60- sumthing dollers. 2) Behemoth comes out with DLC with new characters and maybe a new section of the map. I would probably prefer the DLC because I want to keep my chars and I want to keep that Castle Crashers feel.

What do you think?

(typed on iphone may be some mistakes btw)

I'd say do exactly what they did with AH and putting him in CC. With the next game include Alien Hominid and a few Castle Crashers characters as playable characters (or enemies) for those that have an achievement in the games.

Then just go on and do something completely new, with little easter eggs and inside jokes for those who've played their previous games.

There's no way they'll leave the pooping deer out of their next game. :lol:

As far as CC goes, DLC is a must. New characters, orbs, and weapons are cool, but I'd much rather have some campaign expansions. In fact, make them similar to the branching levels in Starfox 64. Beat a level in a certain way, or go through a different path, and you find another level.

I would love these:

-Queen Bee boss fight (triggered by going a different path in Flowery Fields)

-Space levels (having a player jump onto one of the other chairs in the Space Ship level, then escaping with the huge alien)

-More lava levels (Fire Demons are awesome)

Anything that will make the campaign that much more enjoyable would be great. As much as I'd love more characters and things like that, new levels and multiplayer variations would be so much better.

I would be highly surprised if we ever saw CC2. If so, it would probably be way down the line after the Behemoth explored some different options (which I support completely). Nonetheless, we know DLC is coming, though again I would be surprised if there is more than one. While I would love as many new characters, weapons, orbs, etc. as possible, I'm guessing that the team is probably ready to move on to a different project.