Danielcjtodd

Community run game porting?

Hi Megan and the crew at the behemoth. I understand you are a small hardworking crew, but you truely have a loyal fan base the size of a behemoth. Several threads have been answered about having your games (specifically in my case, castle crashes on Nintendo switch) being ported, and Megan usually answers with “we are a small crew”, and keeping your development focus on your next fantastic process. Totally understandable.

My question is have you ever considered using the talent pool in the fan base to port existing games for you? (Under tight security of course) I can tell you right now we would jump at the chance.

Myself, I am an ex animator and game producer (danielcjtodd.com is my OLD film animation demo reel, but I do 2d as well) I previously retired as a game producer after releasing “warhammer regicide” in 2016, using a tiny team of local and international coders, artists, etc. (retired due to health, not being ancient). I can schedule, manage artists, animate, find coders, deal with NDA’s, proprietary software, etc. I have even gotten tv animation pilots and projects done using volunteers at local gaming and 3D colleges where i have taught over the years..

i have about 5 hours a day at home on chemotherapy that I’m sitting around doing nothing, and have played through castle crashes AGAIN on steam. I would HAPPILY donate my time for free to get castle crashes ported professionally to the switch to play 4 players with my kids. I would only want a credit in the port.

any thoughts on the matter, shoot me a message at danielcjtodd@hotmail.com, or post here.

thanks for reading down this far!

• Like 1