Sign in to follow this  
Tragik

Horrible Ping When Online

I recently bought CCR on Steam, after playing on Xbox One and 360, and I was wondering why there is so much lag when playing online? I tried playing with my friend from the US (I'm from Europe) and whether I was host or not it was completely unplayable (everything I would do had a one second delay, making juggling impossible). Is this common or is it my internet? I'm able to play other online games overseas just fine.

Locking this since we helped Tragik out with this in the Discord server. In case anyone else is experiencing this, here were some suggestions:

With CC on steam we use the Peer to Peer for online multiplayer. So what this means is that you are connecting directly to another user so if one user has a bad connection everyone will have lag or fps drops. If the user with the bad ping/fps  turns down their resolution and graphics this might help.

Setting Vsync Off may also help.

If these suggestions don't work for you, please feel free to send our support team a ticket here: https://support.thebehemoth.com/hc/en-us/requests/new