Guest bugeater

CCR Nintendo Switch

3 hours ago, Mannyphy said:

Hi! I am not trying to play online I’m just playing the local play adventure mode. I’m still confused with the profiles everyone’s talking about. I have 3 accounts setup on my switch, are those the profiles you’re talking about? 

Yup -- those accounts/profiles should be what other players are able to use by clicking the Y button on the character select screen. 

Tapping the Y button doesn’t work unfortunately. Even when the joycon is turned. It also says press A to join not Y. I’m not entirely sure what I am doing wrong. Even when I have 2 joy vons together turned sideways and press the Y button location on the other controller it just moves the player 1 selection up and down. :(

So this is what I do.

Go to local play

choose the story mode

at the character screen I pick my character and all the other character selections say “press A to join” 

I press A then try to press Y on the other controller or any other button and nothing happens. The game just starts there is no “press Y to change profiles.” The only time I can change profiles is when I am on the start screen to pick what I want to play and it’s in the corner. 

I am having this same problem. the game doesn't recognize the 2nd joycon as being its own controller. just the 2nd half of the joycon grip style controller.

I had the same problem as Cyrillian. The game will not recognize the joycon halves as being their own controller. The only way I could get around this is to go back to the switch main menu while the game was running, then go into the Switch menu option for the controller/grip configuration and set all 4 players to the half joycon configuration, then go back into the game. This seems to fix the problem (most of the time).

So I bought Castle Crashers on the Switch to play with my 6 year old (local co-op), but somehow I can't start  a game in co-op.
What's the procedure to start a game?
I have two joycons, one for each of us, but the second joycon doesn't do anything, I can only start single player games.

On 10/5/2019 at 3:27 PM, BigB said:

So I bought Castle Crashers on the Switch to play with my 6 year old (local co-op), but somehow I can't start  a game in co-op.
What's the procedure to start a game?
I have two joycons, one for each of us, but the second joycon doesn't do anything, I can only start single player games.

Are you setting up the Joy-Cons as separate controllers in the Switch options prior to starting the game? To do this, be sure to select the "controllers" button next to options on the Switch home screen, then load up the game after you've adjusted these controller settings. From here, you should be able to start a co-op game and load in each joy-con to a separate player.

4 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Are you setting up the Joy-Cons as separate controllers in the Switch options prior to starting the game? To do this, be sure to select the "controllers" button next to options on the Switch home screen, then load up the game after you've adjusted these controller settings. From here, you should be able to start a co-op game and load in each joy-con to a separate player.