Wdwillever

Single Joycon Use for local Nintendo Switch

I know you are supposed to be able to play CCR with single joycon’s on the switch, but it won’t let me connect as single controllers, am I missing something? I have tried just about everything I can thing of, but it will only let me connect two for one player or my pro controller.

You'll need to set up the controllers using the "Controller" button (picture of a joy-con) next to settings on the Switch home screen. After you do this, re-load the Castle Crashers software and you should be able to use each controller individually.

Hope that helps!

I tried this, split the controllers through switch controller menu, restart game. I cant switch character on second player, joystick on second controller won't work. So I try playing anyway, but character won't move, joystick on second controller isn't working. I bought this game to play coop with my son, please help

On 3/22/2020 at 1:53 AM, zetta said:

I tried this, split the controllers through switch controller menu, restart game. I cant switch character on second player, joystick on second controller won't work. So I try playing anyway, but character won't move, joystick on second controller isn't working. I bought this game to play coop with my son, please help

Hey there! If you've tried the above solutions, please go ahead and shoot a ticket over to support.thebehemoth.com so that our team can provide direct assistance! 

I got it working now through help from your support. For everyone else reading this, you need to be in the character selection screen in game first, then got to switch home screen and split the controllers through switch menu. Go back now and it should work. The big difference is that you need to be in character selection while doing this or it won't take.