madman5000

Castle Crashers PS4 online multiplayer game-breaking bug

I would very much like to play. I haven't been able to play this game in a really long time and I bought my friends the game as well so I practically paid 40$ for it and it's impossible to play online. It's actually causing system crashes and of course again, the black loading screen of death. Please fix this, it's probably one of the best side scrolling games I've ever played and I'd very much like to be able to play it with my friends. Also, I know you're not a bot and part of the actual staff of the game, I hope there's a second game of this inbound at some point. Thank you.

Hey there -- we're still working to get it fixed, but unfortunately it's taking some time. We still have full intentions of putting a patch out to help resolve the issues when it's ready.

I am getting it too, we thought it was chars not watching the intro scenes. But its clear its just busted i guess.

Hello! Made an account here in order to share my sentiment as well, because why not.

This game was undoubtedly one of the best things about having an Xbox 360, something I could keep coming back to for years, it was that good. I only just heard about the remaster from my younger brother around Christmas Eve and immediately went and threw money at Sony in order to nab it for myself and two longtime friends, and yeah, this bug has effectively ended the adventure in the Thieves' Forest. (Too many screen transitions, too many chances of the host being trapped in perpetual loading)

I really hate to bother, as I know you guys are a small team, but is there any way for us to get a progress update on the fix for this? I'll gladly wait as long as necessary, but I'd also like to have a ballpark estimate on how long that might be, because it seems like this has been going on for 3+ months.

Warm regards, 

The Snack Bandit

(Hope you all had a great holiday this year, by the way!)

Yes -- there is actually a patch contender in the works that is currently being tested and QA'ed. Once this is finished and everything is confirmed to be in order, we will deploy it as soon as we can!

I have the issue that my game crashes when I’m online and lose all my progress 

I get tired of it man, of passing the same levels, all I want is to beat the game and earn some characters

So, I purchased the game 3 days ago and I've noticed a couple of bugs. First, the black screen after passing through a stage that destroys all progress you made during the online session, Second, there are times when you are playing ( local and online ) that you can unlock weapons, now I remember that on PS3 all players could unlock that same weapon in that same session, where as on the PS4 remastered version, it occurs that a player unlocks the weapon and then it vanishes from the screen. Now, the online bug its really bad, because you lose all progress and XP, so its not playable at all. Local game is the only way to make progress. I was trying to tell some friends to get the game so that we could play online together, but with these bugs, its just impossible. I hope you can give us an update soon. 

Hey there,

The black screen issue in online co-op is something that we are aware of and currently working to resolve. Beyond that, if you're having issues with losing progress or weapons please don't hesitate to send a ticket over to support.thebehemoth.com so that our team can look into it and find a solution for you!

Same trouble here for the black screen.

First thing, I was having this game on my ps3, I bought a ps4 at Christmas and surprise you have to buy it again for your ps4, and this time it’s at 19.99$ (canada), no special deal nothing...

This is really not cool, I bought that game to play in multi-players, and the game crash all time !

So I spend 20$ for nothing...

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue.. I bought this game with the sole intention of playing multiplayer and we’ve beat the same level (woods against large monster) 4 times already. We are losing all progress and will to move forward. 

Is there an update on QA? Otherwise is there a process to get a refund? 

I love the game, and really don’t want to do that, but it’s been 5+ months without a fix. 

Hello! 

I love playing Castle Crashers but I have also had problems with the black screen during online multiplayer. Is there an estimated time for when this issue will be resolved? And once the black screen issue is resolved, will we be notified here?

Thanks!

Any updates on this topic? I bought the game today and im really disappointed with the constant black screens that have made me and my friend regret purchasing it. Is the patch almost complete? Or can I get a refund? 

Any updates yet? I still wanna play multiplayer with my friends since I bought this game and I’m unable.

Hello!

I have been playing this game for about two weeks now and I keep getting the black screen on Thieves Forest because there are too many screen changes. I have been trying to play multiplayer with my friends and brother but it is impossible for us to make it past those levels and we lose all progress. It has been multiple months since this game has been released and there is still no fix for this. I understand the team is small, but this is a glitch that makes it impossible to play the game and makes people want a refund. I love this game and I would love to play it without these glitches. 

Hello,

I just bought the game today and the black screen issue happened twice while playing with a friend. I was wondering if there are any updates regarding this. I bought it to play with my friends and it's super disappointing to not be able to. Thank you. 

We have a patch in the works, but unfortunately we have been unable to properly test it due to the current situation with COVID-19. We apologize for the extended delay due to these unforeseen circumstances!