Sign in to follow this  
Selle

Castle Crashers local multiplayer save , Switch

Hi!

When playing local multiplayer on the switch only the player with controller1 gets saved.

When joining online multiplayer only the player with controller 1 can play.

I had one crash where the game froze in Thieves forrest.

Cheers! /Selle

I can resolve some of this! In local co-op with friends, you can save everyone's progress by making sure each player is connected to a Switch user profile! You can select profiles by pressing the "Y" button on the character select screen. You will not be able to select these profiles to save co-op process in online multiplayer, however.

For the crash, if you can provide any more information so our team could look into it, it would be appreciated!

I have tried to login with my other profiles but as soon as I press 'Y' it says no other players can log in. Even though I have 3 other profiles on this system. Do I need to buy the game under all the profiles?

Are you trying to use other profiles in local multiplayer or online multiplayer? Unfortunately this feature will not work in online multiplayer as Nintendo only allows one account to use their Nintendo Switch Online Services.

My boyfriend bought the game, and only his character will keep progress. tried to log on another profile for me, doesnt work, probably because it's not the primary console. Is there a solution? If not, that is really bad, we were really happy to play together...

Did no one respond to this issue? This is my exact scenario as well, only I was short-sighted enough to load this profile into player one and level up once, which was then saved and now my character is only level 2, effectively overwriting the old save for this profile. 

Not sure why my previous reply posted here but it was meant to go to this thread: 

But I guess it's not too far off from this thread.

Hi there! If the above fixes aren't relevant to you and your issue continues to persist, please submit a ticket to support.thebehemoth.com so our team can assist you more directly!

When I try to sign in a second account on my switch it says “only certain users can be selected” and only allows me to play on the one account and if I move forward with the second account it directs me to the estore to buy the game again 

On 11/25/2020 at 9:37 PM, KaiserRole said:

When I try to sign in a second account on my switch it says “only certain users can be selected” and only allows me to play on the one account and if I move forward with the second account it directs me to the estore to buy the game again 

This is something that might be better addressed by our support team! If you could please submit a ticket to support.thebehemoth.com, they may be able to help you resolve this issue.

I know this thread is two years old, but I wanted to post the solution in case anyone else comes across it.

The problem: The account that owns the game is playing on a secondary (non-primary) switch console.

The symptom: No other switch account is allowed to play local multiplayer. Attempting to hit "Y" to change the account will result in an error message.

The solution: You must make the console you're attempting to play on your primary console. Once the console has been set to primary, other switch profiles will be able to play local multiplayer (by pressing "Y")

The steps to achieve the solution:

1) Log onto the account's (that purchased Castle Crashers) primary console. The primary console is defined as the first console a given account logs into the Nintendo E-shop.

2) Log onto the Nintendo E-shop with said account.

3) Select the account's picture in the upper right corner of the E-shop.

4) Under "Account settings" (your profile picture selected in the left side of the screen) scroll down on the right side of the screen until you reach "Primary Console". For me, this setting is right under my password/email section.

5) Select "De-register" primary console. Confirm your selection.

6) On the console that you wish to play Castle Crashers, log into the Nintendo E-shop with the account that owns the game. 

7) Log out of Nintendo E-shop, and restart Castle Crashers.

You have now set the new console as the primary console of the account which owns the game and you should be able to load AND SAVE other profiles in tandem with the primary account. 

NOTE: If you no longer have access to the primary console of the account which purchased the game, Nintendo provides a method for you to remotely change the primary console. You are only allowed to perform this operation once per year or six months, I think. See Nintendo's guide for this process.

I hope this helps someone. Wish people posted their solutions more.

Cheers,

James P

Sign in to follow this