Sign in to follow this  
SSJZac

Cyclops "Thumbs Up" Reasoning.......FOUND!

i thought i kept seeing posts to how the thumbs up is a homage to the Terminator. i dont know, maybe im just readin things :P

It is most definitely from Terminator 2. . .

Cyclops even has part of his glove missing to expose his bare thumb. . . the terminator had that too. . .

Was definitly homage to T2, I was cracking up when I first saw it. Another one is in the simpsons game... My friend loaned me the game a few weeks back and they did something similar as well.

I still dont get this?!?! :cry:

go rent Terminator 2 or go youtube and look for terminator 2 or something. Terminator2 was amazing when it came ou in the early 90's. I seen it in the teahter. But here is a quick break down, John Connor wanted the Termintor to show more emotion. The terminator is a machine, it knows of no emotion. As the movie goes along there is a short seen when Arnold learns how to give a thumbs up. So at the end of the moive the terminator (Arnold) tells John "I now know why you cry, it is something i cannot do" and as he lowers himself in hot liquid metal to destroy the last remaining chip of Skynet/ Cybernet in his metal head, he raises his thumb to John to show him what he has learn.

Its a salute, and if im correct these programers are in their late 20 early 30's as myself asnd we remember that moment and how awesome the movie was. If you really pay attention the game is " A Link to the past clone". One of the greatest SNES games ever. They are many other moments in the game that have some meaning or other. But i hope i cleared it up for you a bit. If not just click on this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsTzX2-4Kmw

Me and my friend figured this out on our second run-through :|

We were more intrigued by the amount of references between AH and CC there are in the game

this pun is very likely to be intended(maybe)

I don't think so. The only other thumbs up I am aware of comes from Chuck Norris. But I never seen Chuck in hot Magma with a half metal/skull face and red eye and giving a thumbs up as he dies.